• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have issues with CSP points? I noticed that my new CSP was only giving 1 point per dollar for dinning. I sent a SM to Chase and they responded saying "we reviewed your charges and they are all posted correction. You only receive 2 points for sit down dinning, not take out." Did I miss that rule somewhere? I plan to ask for further review as some of these were sit down dinning. Not major dinner places, but a diner, a cafe, Panera, etc. My CSR always posts as 3 points at the same locations.

some places don't code correctly, it's probably cuz they use square? check the coding at Chase.com.
a local boba place codes as misc and always gives me 1x. as for the CSR, he/she is probably just BSin.

Anyone have issues with CSP points? I noticed that my new CSP was only giving 1 point per dollar for dinning. I sent a SM to Chase and they responded saying "we reviewed your charges and they are all posted correction. You only receive 2 points for sit down dinning, not take out." Did I miss that rule somewhere? I plan to ask for further review as some of these were sit down dinning. Not major dinner places, but a diner, a cafe, Panera, etc. My CSR always posts as 3 points at the same locations.
I call BS. I have had McDonalds, Starbucks, Culver's etc all code as 2x points for CSP. I also had 7 Eleven code as 2x on my Chase Disney (2% on gas) even when there isn't a gas station attached.
I would SM again.

I'm about to pay a semester of college tuition and fees. Balance is around $7k and fee to use cc is $140 or so. Any good way to do this? Worth the fee or no?

I'm about to pay a semester of college tuition and fees. Balance is around $7k and fee to use cc is $140 or so. Any good way to do this? Worth the fee or no?

The better play would be to open a new account and get a signup bonus out of all that spend. Then yes, the fee would be worth it.

Probably not, unless you have a very specific redemption in mind for the credit card rewards and the value of the redemption is worth more than $140. It looks like the fee to use a credit card is 2 percent, which is what I would get in rewards from my best cash-back card.

Probably not, unless you have a very specific redemption in mind for the credit card rewards and the value of the redemption is worth more than $140. It looks like the fee to use a credit card is 2 percent, which is what I would get in rewards from my best cash-back card.

Thank u. So I just need to decide if I want to try and rack up the final 50k spend I need to hit CP before dec 31 or not. I already have it thru this year so was planning to wait and reopen the 2 SW cards next summer when I hit the 24 mths since I got the bonus last. That would give me about 18m of CP vs renewing this year and only getting 12mths.

Well, I'm a dolt and Chase was right. My CSR showed 3 points per dollar spent. My CSP shows 1 point per dollar. Then on a separate line shows another 1 point for each dinning dollar spent. I didn't open it far enough to see that.

2% fee is still cheaper than plastiq.

is $140 worth 7,000 points? $.02 per point.
or with cfu, 10500 points? $.0133 per point.

you could ms the amount... it's like $5.65 fee per $500. $80 in fees for 7000 pts.

Well, I'm a dolt and Chase was right. My CSR showed 3 points per dollar spent. My CSP shows 1 point per dollar. Then on a separate line shows another 1 point for each dinning dollar spent. I didn't open it far enough to see that.
It is a bit confusing that it looks different on each card. But the rep was wrong about how you earn.

Last spring there was talk about signing up for the CSR before a certain date (I think it was in Early May) to double dip. I wasn't able to follow the thought process completely but hurried and signed my DH up for the card with the idea that I will have time to learn before the end of the year. It feels like it is time to make plans and do more learning. How do I transfer his points to my account? Is it better to PC or cancel his CSR and when should I be doing this to double dip? If I PC what might be the best option? I am working on MS on Chase ink business card and I have the CSR. At this time I am planning to keep my CSR. The 3x that I get on my timeshares, dining and car rental makes this a good product for me. I want to thank everyone here for all the knowledge you share so willingly.

I can't or I won't be able to get a SW CP next year. I need my last 2 spots for their cards.
Ah sorry you probably wrote that higher.
It probably isn't worth it then - unless you've got some cards with thresholds you are close to hitting. Like you get 10k bonus miles on United for spending 25k in a year on the Explorer, etc.

Follow up datapoint. I converted Fairmont to freedom. I have not yet received freedom but my account shows it online. I did a $50 test purchase on Walmart.com using chase pay to see if the 10x promo would work. It did.

Follow up datapoint. I converted Fairmont to freedom. I have not yet received freedom but my account shows it online. I did a $50 test purchase on Walmart.com using chase pay to see if the 10x promo would work. It did.

Thanks for posting this. Although I still have the CSP that the Fairmont was automatically converted to, that card should work too.

Last spring there was talk about signing up for the CSR before a certain date (I think it was in Early May) to double dip. I wasn't able to follow the thought process completely but hurried and signed my DH up for the card with the idea that I will have time to learn before the end of the year. It feels like it is time to make plans and do more learning. How do I transfer his points to my account? Is it better to PC or cancel his CSR and when should I be doing this to double dip? If I PC what might be the best option? I am working on MS on Chase ink business card and I have the CSR. At this time I am planning to keep my CSR. The 3x that I get on my timeshares, dining and car rental makes this a good product for me. I want to thank everyone here for all the knowledge you share so willingly.
Your DH should have used the travel credit once already, if not use it now (if you have no pending travel, buy a $300 gift card direct from airline of your choice or hotel, etc.) It should then reset the credit after the December statement. Use the credit again, thus double dipping this year. After that you can PC or cancel (probably varying opinions on which is better) although I'm not sure if you can PC to a card with no AF before a year, someone else might know.

To transfer points, log in to his account, go to the UR portal, look in the upper right corner at the points box. Tap/click it and you will see 'combine points' at the bottom of the menu. Once you open that it will give you the option to add household members to combine points.

Your DH should have used the travel credit once already, if not use it now (if you have no pending travel, buy a $300 gift card direct from airline of your choice or hotel, etc.) It should then reset the credit after the December statement. Use the credit again, thus double dipping this year.

Exactly - whether you can do this depends upon whether your DH applied for the card before Chase switched from awarding the travel credit every calendar year to every membership year. If you got the card under the old calendar year system, then you should be sure to use the credit before the December statement closes. You will then get another travel credit in January, that you should use before you want to close the card.

Exactly - whether you can do this depends upon whether your DH applied for the card before Chase switched from awarding the travel credit every calendar year to every membership year. If you got the card under the old calendar year system, then you should be sure to use the credit before the December statement closes. You will then get another travel credit in January, that you should use before you want to close the card.
I wouldn't wait until December. If somehow your travel charge is pending when the statement closes, you will lose it. DH got his CSR in October, used the travel credit then. When our December statement closed on 12/15, the credit was available immediately so we used it again in December (you don't have to use it that quickly but I didn't want to "waste" it on miscellaneous travel charges like Uber)

Thanks everyone! We did verify that you can use Disney cards to pay costco. They put they payment through the cruise line regardless.

We are booked!!!!!
RE: previous discussions regarding paying for a cruise with Disney gift card or multiple credit cards. Apparently you can do it thru Costco. Still not sure about booking thru Chase...
Right now my plan will be to get Disney gc's as cheaply as possible plus Arrival Plus for travel credit. Will do further research on Chase.

I wouldn't wait until December. If somehow your travel charge is pending when the statement closes, you will lose it. DH got his CSR in October, used the travel credit then. When our December statement closed on 12/15, the credit was available immediately so we used it again in December (you don't have to use it that quickly but I didn't want to "waste" it on miscellaneous travel charges like Uber)

We did take care of the travel credit right away last May. It sounds like we should do the second one as soon as the December statement closes?
Any suggestions about PC or would we need to wait the full year?

We did take care of the travel credit right away last May. It sounds like we should do the second one as soon as the December statement closes?
Any suggestions about PC or would we need to wait the full year?
You don't need to do it in December unless you are closing the account or PCing in January. I can't say much about which to PC to. We have CSR & CSP, just PCd one CSP to Freedom but haven't gotten it yet, so can't say how it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter