I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed DH as AU from my cards earlier this week & finally got him to call Chase about his denial for CSP.
They told him they recommended approval & would move it up the line for final approval. That's good, right? Pretty good chance it will get approved?
It's practically a "yes". I was in the same boat and did so much research and never came across anyone who got denied at that stage. Fingers crossed for you!

I applied and was approved for two CSR cards (for DH and me). We are leaving for Disney on Wednesday; do you think they could get one of them rushed to me by Tuesday?

I have a general question about card apps that maybe someone here will know the best thing to do. My DW doesn't work, she's a stay at home mom to our girls. What should she put for income on a CC app? Our household income? Then I'm not sure what she should put if it asks for her employer. Self-employed? Homemaker? Will she be automatically denied if she doesn't have her own income? She hasn't applied for a new card since she stopped working 8 years ago but we'd like to start doubling up on some bonuses by having her get a card too. She is an AU on a few of my cards so she does have some credit history for those years.

Here are a few articles, tips and data points on the topic.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea...y-home-spouses-partners/#sthash.brmVSFWx.dpbs

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/01/09/stay-at-home-partners-can-get-credit-cards-again

I have a general question about card apps that maybe someone here will know the best thing to do. My DW doesn't work, she's a stay at home mom to our girls. What should she put for income on a CC app? Our household income? Then I'm not sure what she should put if it asks for her employer. Self-employed? Homemaker? Will she be automatically denied if she doesn't have her own income? She hasn't applied for a new card since she stopped working 8 years ago but we'd like to start doubling up on some bonuses by having her get a card too. She is an AU on a few of my cards so she does have some credit history for those years.

I am a SAHM for the last 17 years. I put that I am a homemaker on my apps and list our household income. I have never been denied for a card and have a better credit score than my dh. Your wife should be fine :)

I am a SAHM for the last 17 years. I put that I am a homemaker on my apps and list our household income. I have never been denied for a card and have a better credit score than my dh. Your wife should be fine :)
Thank you both for the information!

Scored a great double dip today. Our local Miller's Ale House restaurant is offering a $10 bonus gift card with a $50 gift card purchase. AMEX is offering $10 credit for a $30 purchase at Miller's. Got $60 in gift cards for $40.

NICE! This game is quite... addicting... :P

1.5 days left for my travels! Im almost packed and got a lot of extra room... feels weird... :|

I applied and was approved for two CSR cards (for DH and me). We are leaving for Disney on Wednesday; do you think they could get one of them rushed to me by Tuesday?
That's what I did since we were leaving on a Disney cruise. They got it to me in 2 days. When I needed a replacement, I received it the next day.

As I spending $4800 alternative seating that our PTA is giving to our staff and I'll be reimbursed for, I kept thinking I wish I had a new credit card that I needed to minimum spend on since I could have knocked it out. Now to decide if DH needs an Ink or CSP since we have a bunch of upcoming travel.

This reminds me of a question I've meant to ask here. Other than sign-up bonuses, are there other spending bonuses that any of you are working on meeting or have met? For example, the Fairmont card gives one free night for spending $12,000 in a year. That's a pretty high spend but possibly do-able. Are there any others like this that you have found worthwhile? I think the Southwest companion pass might be similar, but Southwest pulled out of our local airport a few years ago and I haven't found their fares worth driving to a larger airport for. Like Alexle2007, we have a few significant expenses coming up but don't have a minimum spend to meet. Just wondering if there's another spending bonus those expenses could go towards meeting.

This reminds me of a question I've meant to ask here. Other than sign-up bonuses, are there other spending bonuses that any of you are working on meeting or have met? For example, the Fairmont card gives one free night for spending $12,000 in a year. That's a pretty high spend but possibly do-able. Are there any others like this that you have found worthwhile? I think the Southwest companion pass might be similar, but Southwest pulled out of our local airport a few years ago and I haven't found their fares worth driving to a larger airport for. Like Alexle2007, we have a few significant expenses coming up but don't have a minimum spend to meet. Just wondering if there's another spending bonus those expenses could go towards meeting.

Yes. We have done that before and I'm working on one now. DH got the Chase British Airways card last year that offered 100,000 miles. It was 50,000 miles for $3,000 in 3 months, an additional 25,000 miles after spending $10,000 in the first year and another 25,000 miles for spending $20,000 the first year. The BA card also offers a companion pass for spending $30,000 in a calendar year. We mostly MS'd the $30,000 and went through 4 Blue Bird shut downs in the process but got the companion pass. We used it to book our flights to our Adventures by Disney Italy trip in first class for this August.

I picked up the BA card last month with the same offer and am working one getting the companion pass again, plus another 100,000 miles for the bonus. This time though there is no MS we are doing legitimate spending. We had water damage from leaky pipes in our kitchen and bathroom. After a year and half of negotiating with the insurance company we finally got a check to repair the damages. I know that renovations to both the kitchen and bath should come pretty close to, if not surpass $30,000, once all is said and done. So, we will put all the repairs on the new card, pay the card with the check the insurance company sent, and earn a free flight in first class while we are at it.

DH is finally under 5/24. Should I have him apply Ink first or CSP? He already has CSR.

legit business? i would say ink first because it has other categories that you can make more URs. CSP would be just for pure sign up bonus...

meet it with plastiq. + u earn 3x on rent payments if u have any.

I think ive read somewhere that in 2019, everyone was switching... which could be good news to a few ppl, they might even get to triple dip in theory.

I have been reading this forum and learned about plastiq. Is there a referral program so that I can payback people on the forum who give so much info?

Looking for suggestions.
I'm going to have a big chunk of medical bills to pay soon, around $1K, so I'm thinking of opening another card to meet minimum spend. I was looking at some airline specific cards, since I've only focused on UR and Hilton until now. Here are the options I'm looking at, maybe someone has other ideas:

For a lower min spend I can knock out with just the medical bills:
Alaska Air (30K + $100 credit + CP targeted) – I’m based on the East Coast, but I already have 10K miles from the Virgin America transfer and we’re planning on a West Coast trip in the next year, so we could use the miles to jump from CA to WA, or possibly to transfer to another airline

Or for a higher min spend:
AAdvantage Platinum (65K targeted) – With all the news about nonexistent AA award availability, I don't know if I want to bother with them, but I know they're versatile internationally through OneWorld. What makes AA tempting is the frequency of offers without the 24 month language. It makes me want to start stockpiling these cards. But is it worth it if I can never find availability?
United MPE (70K targeted) – I’ve read about United’s product being inferior to many other airlines, but maybe good for transfer partners

My home airport is Hartford, so not a hub but can fly out on AA or United. But I have Southwest RR and the CP for domestic travel until the end of next year, so maybe focusing on future international use makes more sense. We're tossing around the idea of a Japan trip in 2019, and we also want to explore Europe.

After this I think I'm going to slow down for a while (aside from possibly going for CIP with my new LLC). I'm going to be looking at refinancing my mortgage a little later this year, so better safe than sorry.

Have any of you downgraded from the Disney Visa premier back to the regular? I have an upgrade offer, with a $50 credit to offset the annual fee, and I am thinking of doing it, since we have a trip fall 2018. But I would want to downgrade back next year, as I haven't paid a fee since I got the card in 2003 and I don't want to start now. I am wondering if they are ok with downgrading and if it messes anything up?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter