I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just entered 2 player mode! We met the spend on my CIP and the 80,000 bonus points are listed under earnings on next statement. So I was able to convince DH to apply for one too. He did yesterday, got the 30 day message. I called the line this morning and it said he was approved!!! Woo Hoo!

That’s at least 190k reasons to celebrate! CONGRATULATIONS! :cool1:

DH is at 2/24 but will be 1/24 after AU drops from his credit report - should be soon. His most recent card is just the other day - CSP. Will easily meet the MSR very soon, maybe next week.

How soon can he apply for the Chase United Card? Still have expenses that can be used to meet MSR for that one. But don't want to jeopardize anything. After the United card he will cool it for a while.

If you plan for DH to cool off after the United card, he could go for it next month. Technically, he could go for it right now since the only other Chase card application in the past 30 days was the CSP, and he’s under the 2/30 limit. It’s still probably a good idea to wait at least 30 days since his last application.

If you plan for DH to cool off after the United card, he could go for it next month. Technically, he could go for it right now since the only other Chase card application in the past 30 days was the CSP, and he’s under the 2/30 limit. It’s still probably a good idea to wait at least 30 days since his last application.

Ok. DS tuition payments will still be there next month....I guess no reason to rush things. I am trying to get an offer more than 40,000 United Mileage points as you suggested in a previous post. If I should trigger one, you think it would be safe to jump on it?

Thanks again.

Ok. DS tuition payments will still be there next month....I guess no reason to rush things. I am trying to get an offer more than 40,000 United Mileage points as you suggested in a previous post. If I should trigger one, you think it would be safe to jump on it?

Thanks again.

Go for it.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner, @DisneyMandC.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this other than to say I haven’t had my coffee yet and I was too literal answering your question. Like, duh, I’ve bought Uber GCs from Gyft before (for UberEATs because those $15 Platinum credits don’t go very far). Checkout with PayPal as the payment method and select the CIC to earn 5x.

Does the old Chase Ink Plus/Bold earn 5x on Gyft via PayPal also? It gets 5x on office supply.

We didn't get any kind of email saying what to do to be eligible for the bonus? Hopefully, I didn't mess something up when I opened the account!

I was surprised when I got it. I think PNC and the Fidelity are the only ones we've opened that actually sent a confirmation of the bonus. I thought for PNC I saw it on the Account Summary page after I got online access setup but it's been replaced with some other notice now and I don't easily see a spot to check for it. It was kind of like the email, reminding me to setup the DD to get my bonus. If I clicked it, it opened up the offer with both requirements listed.

I didn't get an email either. Haven't set up my online account yet because it's telling me I need to call. I guess I tried to set it up too soon or something. Informed delivery shows my cards in the mail today so I figured I'd call when I have those in hand.

Totally off topic but, has anyone ever changed their primary email address? One day I started receiving these "Thanks for signing up" emails, looks like someone used my email address to register me to a bunch of junk/spam emails. I keep unsubscribing to all of it, but it appears I still keep getting registered. I'm thinking about getting a new email address. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I didn't get an email either. Haven't set up my online account yet because it's telling me I need to call. I guess I tried to set it up too soon or something. Informed delivery shows my cards in the mail today so I figured I'd call when I have those in hand.

Yeah, when I called into PNC to check on my initial deposit (CC funding failed some how) the guy on the phone was asking for the debit # or a transaction amount to confirm the account I think. I didn't have the debit yet and I had no transactions (which was the reason for the call!) so he was confused how I even had an online account if I didn't get the debit yet and didn't know what he could do. I setup the online account around day 3 to check on it because you just needed the debit PIN and since I created mine during sign up I could finish the online before the debit arrived. (Still have no idea how come the CC funding failed)

What date did you get approved? My dd was approved on July 6. Email says debit will arrive in 3-5 biz days so should be today for her too.

@trenty -- I always have problems for about 24 hours after I change credit cards on MPX. I've learned to not do that if I know I'm going to use the app (ie order dog food) because all sorts of annoying messages come up and emailing results in a message about 2 days later that says "everything looks good." So maybe it's a similar lag for you?
PS I use an iphone

@SouthFayetteFan --I've heard good things about Captiva/Sanibel Island but hate to drive so will stick with my part of the Redneck Riveria (it's beautiful too, but not as many shells for sure). Hoping when DH and I are really retired we'll make it over there. Enjoy your vacation!

Saw a DP on DoC of someone who wasn't targeted, found out they weren't enrolled to Pay With Points on their card. They were targeted 24 hours later. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amaz...a-second-time-on-same-account/#comment-614202 Might be worth making sure you're enrolled in pay with points.

I was not targeted, and I did this too, no offer for me either.

@elgerber worth trying again. I actually added the MR card to another fam member's account and enabled pay with points about a week ago I think and today I clicked the activate link from the DoC page and it worked! I've been checking it like for the last week! I've done one Amex card on 3 different accounts, although it only worked twice on the first account this one and the 2nd one it only worked once.

@trenty -- I always have problems for about 24 hours after I change credit cards on MPX. I've learned to not do that if I know I'm going to use the app (ie order dog food) because all sorts of annoying messages come up and emailing results in a message about 2 days later that says "everything looks good." So maybe it's a similar lag for you?
PS I use an iphone

@SouthFayetteFan --I've heard good things about Captiva/Sanibel Island but hate to drive so will stick with my part of the Redneck Riveria (it's beautiful too, but not as many shells for sure). Hoping when DH and I are really retired we'll make it over there. Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks. I will give it a few days and try again.

Yeah, when I called into PNC to check on my initial deposit (CC funding failed some how) the guy on the phone was asking for the debit # or a transaction amount to confirm the account I think. I didn't have the debit yet and I had no transactions (which was the reason for the call!) so he was confused how I even had an online account if I didn't get the debit yet and didn't know what he could do. I setup the online account around day 3 to check on it because you just needed the debit PIN and since I created mine during sign up I could finish the online before the debit arrived. (Still have no idea how come the CC funding failed)

I started trying to login right away and it says I have too many failed attempts. Maybe I entered the wrong PIN when I signed up? Glad I waited on the card then, sounds like it will be needed.

What date did you get approved? My dd was approved on July 6. Email says debit will arrive in 3-5 biz days so should be today for her too.

Also on the 6th, so hopefully hers comes today too!

Totally off topic but, has anyone ever changed their primary email address? One day I started receiving these "Thanks for signing up" emails, looks like someone used my email address to register me to a bunch of junk/spam emails. I keep unsubscribing to all of it, but it appears I still keep getting registered. I'm thinking about getting a new email address. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Have you tried going to your email provider and blocking the domain where the emails are originating? I'm able to do that with Comcast. Obviously that will only work if you don't ever want email from those domains.

Can't find @1st*toright original post, too lazy too lazy to go too far back. But the CSR GE benefit is every 4 years - not every year. So maybe it wasn't that big of a fail? I just applied for GE for myself using my MPE, my parents both got the MPE recently and they don't fly enough to use the benefit so I'm using it for my kids' GE application. We'll have to pay for DH's or wait until we get a card with that benefit.

Thank you soooo much. I do feel a whole lot better now!!! I was thinking it was once a year, but that really wouldn't make much sense, would it. So we can use his credit to get GE for our daughter - there is a daddy/daughter trip to Europe in the works, so no point in only one of them having it. Apparently all kids need GE, regardless of age, or no one in the family can go through GE. So we can use the credits for me and DD, and we've paid for DH. We have one more kid who will need GE eventually (but no international travel planned at the moment), so I will think about that when picking my next card.

DH will be happy to hear it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter