I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Calfan! :wave2: Yes, we have done that. The answer would also be yes for anyone who has an American Airlines Executive card and wants to use the AA lounge but is flying on a different airline. If you have an Amex Plat and want to use the Delta lounge but not flying Delta that is ok and of course if you happen to be at an airport with a Centurion lounge you will be able to enter with your Amex Plat.

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked, but how long to wait before applying for a new card. I got the southwest business card last week (and almost have the spend met thanks to summer camp). I want to get the personal southwest now to get the companion pass. Should I wait a bit?

I'm sure this has been asked, but how long to wait before applying for a new card. I got the southwest business card last week (and almost have the spend met thanks to summer camp). I want to get the personal southwest now to get the companion pass. Should I wait a bit?
I applied within a couple of weeks. No problem as one is business, one is personal. Does anyone have experience with 2 personal cards quickly?

That isn't a retention offer I'd go for. I had a similar retention offer for my Arrival+ card and turned it down. I downgraded the card and kept the no fee version just to have a true chip and pin card should I need it overseas.

later DP shows its still possible. but its YMMV.
01/02/2017 - No waiver offered, only downgrade, card open since 2013, minimal recent spend
02/23/2017 - No offers. Open 2 years. Spend $7600 last year.

Thanks! Maybe I'll have him call and try to downgrade... I did figure out this morning that the student loan I was going to pay off this month, which is about $1000 balance, can be paid with a credit card for a $20 fee. This would make it lots easier for us to hit a new card bonus spend. I think I'll try and drag DF into the Chase branch down the street and give the CSR a shot for him. If he would get approved, we could help out my grandpa a lot without spending OOP. I've got enough UR points on my CSR right now to cover RT flights to Orlando for me and DF, and for my grandpa and uncle (from the tiny hometown airport, no less!). We could use DF's $300 credit for this year to help with their hotel, which would be a decent amount because they'll probably be at a value or Mod. And then we'd have 100k points left for ourselves... And since his brother is getting married in LA next spring, and we'll probably stop by Disneyland... those points would come in handy.

Over 192,000 MR points frozen by AMEX. Luckily, all my travel for 2017 is booked so I have no immediate need for the points. But, yes, this sucks and no I don't plan to renew any of my AMEX cards. My CSR is my go to card for spend, now.

Over 192,000 MR points frozen by AMEX. Luckily, all my travel for 2017 is booked so I have no immediate need for the points. But, yes, this sucks and no I don't plan to renew any of my AMEX cards. My CSR is my go to card for spend, now.
That's awful

Dumb question, We help manage my inlaws money. My MIL is paying someone to do work on their house. She would like me to send a check. I was wondering if there was a way to use my credit card instead of writing a check. My FIL has a paypal account. I feel ancient when I say I have absolutely no idea how paypal works, lol, but can I set up a paypal account and use my visa to fund it and he can somehow get the money and write the check for the man himself? Or is there a better way to do this, or should I just write the check. I am now obsessed with earning points.

That is terrible!!!

Dumb question, We help manage my inlaws money. My MIL is paying someone to do work on their house. She would like me to send a check. I was wondering if there was a way to use my credit card instead of writing a check. My FIL has a paypal account. I feel ancient when I say I have absolutely no idea how paypal works, lol, but can I set up a paypal account and use my visa to fund it and he can somehow get the money and write the check for the man himself? Or is there a better way to do this, or should I just write the check. I am now obsessed with earning points.

Can you pay with Paypal? Yes, easily. Should you pay with Paypal in order to earn points? Probably not. Paypal charges 2.9% on credit card transactions, but you will only get 1% or maybe 2% (Paypal is not a special bonus category, so you'll get only the base points for whichever card you are using).

The only time I ever used a credit card with Paypal was to finish up an extra big spend that I needed to have done immediately -- but that was also to earn the 100,000 CSR bonus, so I was willing to spend money on it.

depends on how far ur willing to go. but at the end, its gonna still cost u a fee...

*cough* MO *cough* *cough* ;)

Thanks! Maybe I'll have him call and try to downgrade... I did figure out this morning that the student loan I was going to pay off this month, which is about $1000 balance, can be paid with a credit card for a $20 fee. This would make it lots easier for us to hit a new card bonus spend. I think I'll try and drag DF into the Chase branch down the street and give the CSR a shot for him. If he would get approved, we could help out my grandpa a lot without spending OOP. I've got enough UR points on my CSR right now to cover RT flights to Orlando for me and DF, and for my grandpa and uncle (from the tiny hometown airport, no less!). We could use DF's $300 credit for this year to help with their hotel, which would be a decent amount because they'll probably be at a value or Mod. And then we'd have 100k points left for ourselves... And since his brother is getting married in LA next spring, and we'll probably stop by Disneyland... those points would come in handy.

make sure u do it soon, last day for 100k is just around the corner!

whats df? google doesnt seem to give a make sensed answer. Dear Friend? Dear Family member?

make sure u do it soon, last day for 100k is just around the corner!

whats df? google doesnt seem to give a make sensed answer. Dear Friend? Dear Family member?

Yes, I figure it'll have to be tomorrow or next Wednesday because I'm out of town this weekend to Tuesday, and I don't think he'll go alone lol.

DF is dear fiance, it's more common on the wedding board lol. I tried to Google it originally too and got nothing.

Have you looked into Plastiq? You can pay just about any bill or invoice with a credit card, for a fee of course (~2-2.5%). Plastiq will charge your card for the amount you want to pay, including their fee, and send out a check to your specified payee immediately or on schedule. The check will be delivered in something like 5-7 business days. You have to decide whether the miles/points are worth the fee. I've used it to meet the minimum spend on my Amex for the signup bonus since it can be tough to find businesses that accept Amex.

I'm trying to look on the bright side because I did use the $1000+ To meet spend on newest CC.

Same here. I used DH's CSR and it helped us make minimum spend. Trying to think of that as a good thing even though we missed out on the AMEX deal. I had the offer from late last year too, but at the time we weren't considering a trip soon so I didn't utilize it then either.

Hello! I currently have a Disney Visa Premier Card, does anyone know if I can downgrade that to the regular Disney Reward card without penalty? We just aren't getting as much value out of it as we can get on our other cards so I don't want to pay the $49 yearly fee. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter