I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

PNR stands for passenger name record. Each flight you book will have a different PNR where the airline has record of name, birthdate, etc. for each passenger on the reservation. Each PNR has a confirmation number (or letters) so when asked for your PNR you’d just give your flight confirmation number. HTH
SHould I be doing this for my upcoming domestic flights for SWA? Or does GE work if I just show up and get in precheck line without doing this?

SHould I be doing this for my upcoming domestic flights for SWA? Or does GE work if I just show up and get in precheck line without doing this?
No, Southwest has to add it to your ticket or you won't be allowed through the pre-check line. (Ask me how I know... Southwest somehow didn't add it to the second leg of my flight back in Feb....)

We just returned from a new-to-us but fun experience. We helped prepare an inn in Bar Harbor, ME for the season in exchange for free room/breakfast.

Each morning we looked at a list of tasks that needed to be completed and chose what we wanted to work on. We finished work at 1 p.m. and were free for the rest of the day to explore Acadia. We stayed at this particular inn a few years ago and loved it so when they put out the call to help prepare for the season we jumped on it. We got to see how much work it is to run a B&B and maintain an historic building. And we made some new friends through working side-by-side and communal meals. It's something I'd definitely do again.

Our daughter is very interested in this type of travel experience and has been scouring World Packers so I'd love to hear of any experiences with them or other work-for-accommodations arrangements.

(side note: our friends went on this experience with us and didn't really understand why I preferred to pay for everything and have them reimburse me. They kept trying to be helpful by paying cash for shared expenses.)

When we decided to go to the Maldives and stay at the Conrad Rangali some years back, I put the trip on the 5 year plan. I managed to do it in 4 years. Just be patient and strategic. Marriott does allow you to pool points so if there is a P2, you can transfer 100k points per year from their account into your account. If there's a P3, P4 you can receive up to 500k points into your account per year. Best of luck! It looks like an amazing property and experience. I understand they are opening another in Tanzania.
There is a P2. Thanks! It's the first time I'm starting to plan that far ahead. Usually we're 1-2 yrs ahead in planning so this will be interesting.

No, Southwest has to add it to your ticket or you won't be allowed through the pre-check line. (Ask me how I

No, Southwest has to add it to your ticket or you won't be allowed through the pre-check line. (Ask me how I know... Southwest somehow didn't add it to the second leg of my flight back in Feb....)
Thanks! I added it on all my upcoming flights online

We just returned from a new-to-us but fun experience. We helped prepare an inn in Bar Harbor, ME for the season in exchange for free room/breakfast.

Each morning we looked at a list of tasks that needed to be completed and chose what we wanted to work on. We finished work at 1 p.m. and were free for the rest of the day to explore Acadia. We stayed at this particular inn a few years ago and loved it so when they put out the call to help prepare for the season we jumped on it. We got to see how much work it is to run a B&B and maintain an historic building. And we made some new friends through working side-by-side and communal meals. It's something I'd definitely do again.

Our daughter is very interested in this type of travel experience and has been scouring World Packers so I'd love to hear of any experiences with them or other work-for-accommodations arrangements.

(side note: our friends went on this experience with us and didn't really understand why I preferred to pay for everything and have them reimburse me. They kept trying to be helpful by paying cash for shared expenses.)
this sounds AMAZING! how did you find out about doing this? I'd do it too

this sounds like so much fun!

All this talk of Marriott cards reminded me to share: I have never had a Marriott card of any flavor--we've been content with Hyatt and the occasional Chase portal booking. But I'd love to stay at the JW Marriott Masai Mara Lodge someday, I was hoping I could put that trip together for a few years down the line, so I thought I'd start learning about Marriott cards. Oh boy! Very complicated 😵‍💫
Might be a while before I can learn and start putting ducks in a row

It's not the free for all it used to be.

If I had no cards and wanted to start the process I would first understand that you can only keep two long term, now that you are starting from Zero. It's also possible to get 2, a biz card and a personal card, one from each issuer or both from the same side during the same period, but it will be 24 months before you can churn those two cards. That's where closing after a year and following the chart to get a replacement will come in again times 2, one Amex and one Chase just not the two you just had.

That doubles if you have a player two.

I don't have the cost of your Lodge in my brain and too busy to look it up. But my guess is it's mega points. The highest FNC is 85K, so I'd make that my last quest 15 months before your trip.

Meanwhile, getting SUB's that equal just FNC's is not going to help you. You need one that will help accumulate points so that they don't expire, and that give a certificate yearly that will help (up to 100K) when you are ready to go.

Good luck! A couple of others on this board may be able to clarify this a LOT better. I have 4 cards and the chart doesn't allow me to do any kind of churning but I was lucky enough to get the upgrade offer.

iME the food booths code as food and drink
They sure did! Confirming all the food kiosks in Epcot for F&G did code as "food and drink" for me, so I got 7% on every single one of them on the Freedom Flex 😃
I think this has got to be the best quarterly category. Restaurants are so easy to max out for us, especially with 2 vacations during this quarter!

Doctor of Credit is showing the promotional 'get a $30 credit after 30 days once you spend $100' again.

I did this in February and it was nice as a month later when I ordered over $30 it automatically added the credit for me.

With my dog and cats it's basically 5 cases at 20ish each but today I managed to manipulate it to $100.80 before tax AND got stuff they eat.

I haven't been on this thread for a few years, but I need advice on credit cards moving forward. I've had lots of changes, including a divorce, a new job, and a new house.

I've been a loyal Starwood person for years and switched to Marriott, like many here. Lifetime gold and 2 years to lifetime platinum. I have a slew of Bonvoy business cards that will be closed with the new job. I have a Bonvoy Brilliant card and a Chase Sapphire reserve I alternate for general spending (not everyone takes AmEx).

My wife did some traveling for work, so we had an AAdvantage Executive Platinun for lounge access and some perks. Not on that anymore :charac2:.

I would like to have a collection of cards that would give me perks when traveling more than anything else. I can get status on American with spending on any of the cards, but I can get several perks with just opting for another Execuative card. I use Marriott points all the time and occasionally use Sapphire points. I have never been able to use AA points for anything!

Thoughts on how to manage my cards moving forward?

First so sorry for the divorce -even if it was something you wanted, it's still a big change!

Second, it might help the hive mind if you could give us some information such as:

1) Home airport(s)

2) Favorite airline/loyalty program (sounds like AA but don't want to assume)

3) goals for travel (places/time line)

4) 5/24 status

in short...things that are outlined in the first page of this thread (I believe)

I will say I'd keep the Brilliant if for not other reason so you can hit LT Platinum...then consider the Citi Executive World Elite MC if Lounge Access while flying with AA is important to you.

If not...then I'd firm up my future travel goals, let this nice group know what THOSE are and go from there!

Planning a trip to Bilbao and Oviedo, Spain in August 2026. I'd like to use points for as much as possible. Where do I start?

We prefer to travel on our own, but are open to tours.

Question about driving from the US to Canada (and back).

I am going to a work conference in Niagara, Canada, and I am flying into Buffalo NY and then driving over the border (and driving back over the border and flying home out of Buffalo).

I do have Global Entry but I understand that's only for flights.

I anticipate this will be the only time I drive across the US/Canada border.

Is there anything to do to make the border crossing quicker just for this trip?

(I think the answer is no, but I just wanted to make sure I'm missing anything).

Doctor of Credit is showing the promotional 'get a $30 credit after 30 days once you spend $100' again.

I did this in February and it was nice as a month later when I ordered over $30 it automatically added the credit for me.

With my dog and cats it's basically 5 cases at 20ish each but today I managed to manipulate it to $100.80 before tax AND got stuff they eat.

My dogs food isn't part of it this time, I'm in the window when I can start looking for deals too.

I am going to a work conference in Niagara, Canada, and I am flying into Buffalo NY and then driving over the border (and driving back over the border and flying home out of Buffalo).

(I think the answer is no, but I just wanted to make sure I'm missing anything).

Nothing you can do. Go early or late if you can. Weekends, esp holidays can be worse. There's websites that show the border waits.

You can look around when you'd be crossing to get an idea of what a Tues or whatever day looks like.

Only thing would be if there's another crossing you can use that's not as big and not as busy.

I’m pretty sure global entry is for driving as well. I thought the card was used when you did a land crossing. But it wasn’t needed when you fly.

Looked it up. Global entry will speed you up coming back to the US but can’t be used going to Canada in the “fast” lanes.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-...use this card,accepted at Global Entry kiosks.

i did a transfer from buffalo airport to hotel in niagara thru chase points. let someone else handle the details and we just handed over our id's when requested. can not remember if we use global entry or just passports.

Are there any Citi guidelines for frequency of applications? I want DH to grab the increased AA business bonus but he got the personal in March. Is 30 days between Citi apps ok?

I’m pretty sure global entry is for driving as well. I thought the card was used when you did a land crossing. But it wasn’t needed when you fly.

Looked it up. Global entry will speed you up coming back to the US but can’t be used going to Canada in the “fast” lanes.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/card#:~:text=Using Your Global Entry Card&text=You may use this card,accepted at Global Entry kiosks.
Oh! That's great. I am not as concerned about getting INTO Canada quickly, but I'll sure be stressed leaving it since I will have a plane to catch.

Now, to go find my actual card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter