I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I finally called Virgin Atlantic yesterday about the miles not getting refunded when my flught was cancelled back in 2022 and said it was partly my fault for not checking sooner but when I got the fees back I thought it was ok.

She sent an email off and said to watch my account. The 90k miles are back!

Now to figure May 2025 out. I think I'm going to use these to fly their non stop from seat to London ans then transfer points and fly air France non stop home. I know there will be higher fees esp for biz but I'm ok with that.

Don't forgot you can also use Virgin miles to book Air France/KLM and sometimes for less miles than FlyingBlue. You can search availability on the Virgin site but you have to call to make the booking.

Working on 2025 plans. First trip will be Switzerland and Italy (1 week each). Is beginning of April ok or beginning of May better. Looking for ok weather - doesn't need to to perfect. Value lower crowds. Easter is April 20th so I want to avoid that time frame. Is the week before and after bad?

I'm a total newbie to international travel. What time is preferred to fly - arrive in Europe first thing in AM or later in the day?

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions, please bear with me!

Don't forgot you can also use Virgin miles to book Air France/KLM and sometimes for less miles than FlyingBlue. You can search availability on the Virgin site but you have to call to make the booking.

Is it generally less to book AF via Virgin? When I'd looked online I didn't see them as an option. I can get an AF/DL CDG to SEA via LHR but not the non stop.

How far out did you look at AA fares? From what I've found when using AA on points, you have to book very early or else the points cost is crazy, or the connections are ridiculous.
I waited until SW opened their schedule as SW with CP was the plan but SW flights were very high. I have to say even when booking when the schedule opens, AA is pretty high for me, maybe because we fly out of ORD. 🤷🏼‍♀️

thank you
they have a transfer bonus to virgin, of course cap1 is p2 and the virgin account is in my name but I can open one in his. then use it for flights or cruise next year.
Ugh, yes, I think I would have gone for that Virgin bonus too, but I missed out by a week! That cruise offer for 80k that sometimes comes around is definitely in my sights!

Is it generally less to book AF via Virgin? When I'd looked online I didn't see them as an option. I can get an AF/DL CDG to SEA via LHR but not the non stop.

It depends as virgin miles are fixed whereas AF is dynamic. I have booked AF Singapore to LHR and LHR to Lima, both via CDG which were substantially fewer miles through Virgin.

Coming back to the US (BOS in my case), I agree that Virgin tends to want to route through LHR although I have seen the direct CDG-BOS on DL show up a few times - though rarely with BIZ availability.

It depends as virgin miles are fixed whereas AF is dynamic. I have booked AF Singapore to LHR and LHR to Lima, both via CDG which were substantially fewer miles through Virgin.

Coming back to the US (BOS in my case), I agree that Virgin tends to want to route through LHR although I have seen the direct CDG-BOS on DL show up a few times - though rarely with BIZ availability.

That's what I was seeing and I'd prefer the non stop with more room than a connection. But AF isn't daily here so I'll have to see if that even makes sense. If I connect I'd rather do it in the schengen or US so I don't have to go through customs twice.

Ugh, yes, I think I would have gone for that Virgin bonus too, but I missed out by a week! That cruise offer for 80k that sometimes comes around is definitely in my sights!
we've cruised Virgin twice and our son and his fiancee 3x going to be touch to go back to mainstream! love the no photogs, cruise director announcements, no kids. food is great. just wish they sailed more places. but yes, that's the goal for the points

Working on 2025 plans. First trip will be Switzerland and Italy (1 week each). Is beginning of April ok or beginning of May better. Looking for ok weather - doesn't need to to perfect. Value lower crowds. Easter is April 20th so I want to avoid that time frame. Is the week before and after bad?

I'm a total newbie to international travel. What time is preferred to fly - arrive in Europe first thing in AM or later in the day?

Thanks. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions, please bear with me!
I would probably say the beginning of May is probably best for crowds, most schools will be in session.

Another question about canceling cards. Do I pay the balance before canceling? I received my statement credit for the Hilton gift card on my Surpass account so I'm ready to cancel, but my autopay isn't scheduled for another week.

I guess it's a more general question...when canceling or downgrading a card after a year, do you pay off the balance before chatting?

Another question about canceling cards. Do I pay the balance before canceling? I received my statement credit for the Hilton gift card on my Surpass account so I'm ready to cancel, but my autopay isn't scheduled for another week.

I guess it's a more general question...when canceling or downgrading a card after a year, do you pay off the balance before chatting?
I always pay the balance. I would first cancel the auto pay, then pay it manually and as soon as the balance is zero, I would cancel. Others may proceed differently but this is how I do it. Mind you, I don't cancel many cards.

Went ahead and order Hilton Q2 gift cards, just in case they close that loophole.
Another question, we check-in to the WA Cairo on July 1 around 7AM which is 6 hours ahead of the US, do you think the room rate will post at Q3? Trying to decide if we should use points or cash booking? The room $400 or 70K points.

When cancelling a card I always make sure the balance is 0 and I don’t have any recurring payments on the card.
For a downgrade or pc I don’t pay the card off first

Went ahead and order Hilton Q2 gift cards, just in case they close that loophole.
Another question, we check-in to the WA Cairo on July 1 around 7AM which is 6 hours ahead of the US, do you think the room rate will post at Q3? Trying to decide if we should use points or cash booking? The room $400 or 70K points.
If the room rate includes taxes/fees, I value Hilton points at .007 each, so that's worth about 57k points. So 70k would be overpaying, imo. I think there's a good chance it'll post in Q3, but that's honestly just a guess. I wonder if you could request that they authorize the card but not finalize the bill until checkout?

Has anyone with a support link seen the 175k offer for the IHG business card? Mine is 140k and I wanted to get P2 a card. The offer ends 05/15/24 so I have some time I was just curious if it had started hitting support links.

So I just had major surgery; this eviction was long overdue and I am at home recovering well. As a gift to ourselves, we'd like to buy a new king mattress. I'd love to hear any suggestions.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

We bought a split king setup about 10 years ago, with separate platforms that can flex to provide head elevation/zero gravity positions. And we got Casper original mattresses which have been really comfortable. DH no longer has back pain! The downside is that it’s not aesthetically appealing with the visible seam down the middle of the bed, but there’s probably workarounds that I haven’t explored.

If you are having difficulty using your Sak's credit, consider using it on your makeup or facial/body products. I use a foundation that is not available on their website. but I was in Chicago recently so I stopped in. I intended to buy a GC, but saw my brand's makeup counter. The salesperson was able to order what I needed and have it shipped to me free! So, I got my $58 makeup for $8.

I explained I had the cc credit, which she had heard of. She said I can call/email her in the future to order it. I asked if it would be billed as Sak's and she said yes. I can confirm it did, because the credit has already posted.

When cancelling a card I always make sure the balance is 0 and I don’t have any recurring payments on the card.
For a downgrade or pc I don’t pay the card off first
I recently downgraded a card. I did it by phone. They told me that I could keep using the old card until the new one arrived. (I assume they meant until the new one arrived and I activated it.)

When I cancelled a card, I made sure the balance was 0 before I called to cancel. I don't know if that was required, but I was so fed up with them, I wanted to know that I was done with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter