I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have been there! Know the pain, but what can you do? It's family... One time it was my mother, she suddenly wanted to drive up from So. FL, where she lives, to meet us at WDW even though she had been saying no, too busy, during the planning process. Luckily CMs can be accommodating for dining reservations. It was my mother--I couldn't say no, lol

Glad you had patience and were able to turn things around for your son-in-law at the last minute

Yes! I did say no, can't be done at first and then 10 seconds later said 'let me look it over'.

Next trip, I'm sneaking away all by myself!!!

interesting question..... I was wondering this myself. Also wonder if I could pull some CL from a branded card (IHG) to a Freedom or is that not allowed either?
We did that exact same with the Personal IHG to Freedom with no issue.

Unfortunately for @Crazed4DisneyinSC you can't move credit lines between personal and business lines.

I had plenty of personal credit but when I got my business card they gave such a tiny limit.

They wouldn't transfer anything and that irked me as I wanted to meet the minimum spend at just make the minimum payments while the ink card was at 0% before paying it off.

After I put a bunch of spend on the card and paid it off they upped the limit without asking.
That of course didn't help me keep my $$ working for me in an interest bearing account but at least I will have credit to transfer if they give another low limit on my next business card.

Good to know! All the TAs I checked when we booked our first Disney cruise gave nothing, so I have it in my head that only Costco gives perks. I must have not checked Dreams. Maybe it was before I found Disboards.
Oh, yeah, I think most do--but I haven't been cruising with Disney for as long, maybe it wasn't the case before. On the Dreams site they list how much OBC they give per amount spent on cruises. I know many competitor sites do as well.

Well, I feel like we have hit a sticky spot with our churning.

I just applied for the Chase Southwest Personal card for the CP. According to my records, that should have put me at 5/24. But I thought it was worth it. I did get an INK in early January (and 9/23) so was pushing my luck a bit. I had lowered CLs, and closed an old INK. Got the 7-10 day message, so assuming I did not get it. (Although, I have gotten that message in the past and the card surprisingly showed up in the mail a couple of weeks later, so who knows.)

DH is at 4/24. He just got a BA Altitude card. He hasn't had an INK since November, so that could still be an option.

We are both in pop-up jail with AMEX for business cards.

We've had the Venture cards too recently.

It just seems like we have been hitting cards hard (so many trips!) and we're at the point where it is harder to get approvals.

Have you all been in this spot? Are there some obscure cards I should try? Feeling like maybe we take a break from new MSR and just maximize our spending categories. That is just so much slower! Ha!

Suggestions? Thanks!

Well, I feel like we have hit a sticky spot with our churning.

I just applied for the Chase Southwest Personal card for the CP. According to my records, that should have put me at 5/24. But I thought it was worth it. I did get an INK in early January (and 9/23) so was pushing my luck a bit. I had lowered CLs, and closed an old INK. Got the 7-10 day message, so assuming I did not get it. (Although, I have gotten that message in the past and the card surprisingly showed up in the mail a couple of weeks later, so who knows.)

DH is at 4/24. He just got a BA Altitude card. He hasn't had an INK since November, so that could still be an option.

We are both in pop-up jail with AMEX for business cards.

We've had the Venture cards too recently.

It just seems like we have been hitting cards hard (so many trips!) and we're at the point where it is harder to get approvals.

Have you all been in this spot? Are there some obscure cards I should try? Feeling like maybe we take a break from new MSR and just maximize our spending categories. That is just so much slower! Ha!

Suggestions? Thanks!
Have you had Citi cards? There's an elevated 75K offer on their AA card

Just chatted with AMEX to cancel my Plat Biz Card. They offered my 20,000 MR's for $20,000 in purchases in 183 days. UMMMM - NO!!! That is a terrible deal. I don't use the benefits enough to warrant the fee and I can do 4 SUB for this...
That's the same thing they offered me a few months back for a biz plat. I had a similar reaction 🤣

Question - do we do flight reviews here or is there a separate thread like hotel reviews?

Thinking of writing one for the 18 hour flights I just took between Singapore and New York! (They were good flights and I'd happily fly this route again...)
Yes please! Which airline? I'm doing Taipei to Toronto on AVA in September, another super long flight, but ANA biz class is supposed to be amazing. Regardless the long flight time scares me a little bit.

@FreeDiningFanatic

The Sacred valley hotel is amazing according to DD. Will have more to report as time goes on as I asked her to send an email detailing what she likes. Not sure how soon that will happen.

She did a video walk through of the room with me and it looked very nice. Plate of what looked like chocolate as a welcome. Nice coffee set up and other snacks but not sure if they were items to buy.
Ground floor room walking onto a patio, all gorgeous.

Yes please! Which airline? I'm doing Taipei to Toronto on AVA in September, another super long flight, but ANA biz class is supposed to be amazing. Regardless the long flight time scares me a little bit.

I'm guessing Singapore Airlines. I did that flight in December from Newark - Premium Economy but had the 2 seats at the front left of the cabin with about 10 feet of legroom - it was awesome. It was the plane that does not have an economy cabin, only Premium and Biz. I was dreading the 18 hour flight, but it passed much quicker than I expected. Cabin crew were excellent as well.

Will AA let you change to any flight if they change the flight times? I have a flight to CA from OH that was a total of 8 hours including layover that is now 11.5 hours with an extended layover (5 hours instead of 2). Looks like I could leave OH later and still take the second flight but have a short layover of 50 mins. Is 50 mins ok for DFW?

Sucks as all the other flights on AA are either very early in the AM or have 2 stops. I hate when you find the perfect flight times and they get adjusted later.

Will AA let you change to any flight if they change the flight times? I have a flight to CA from OH that was a total of 8 hours including layover that is now 11.5 hours with an extended layover (5 hours instead of 2). Looks like I could leave OH later and still take the second flight but have a short layover of 50 mins. Is 50 mins ok for DFW?

Sucks as all the other flights on AA are either very early in the AM or have 2 stops. I hate when you find the perfect flight times and they get adjusted later.
yes... they changed our July flights from 7:20AM to 6AM and I was able to pick any flight. I just used the chat feature and them the new time didn't work for our schedule.

And yes, 50 minutes is plenty of time.

Have you had Citi cards? There's an elevated 75K offer on their AA card

I have had this one twice but cancelled my last one about 6 months ago. I remember people churning this card like crazy a few years ago but I think they have cracked down a bit on that.

I guess I have to decide if I want to try and stay on Chase's good side and get back to under 5/24 soon and not have too many inquiries, etc. or just go for it and try to get any cards I can now. Blow that 5/24 out of the water! I just really like Chase cards, so it is a hard call!

I have had this one twice but cancelled my last one about 6 months ago. I remember people churning this card like crazy a few years ago but I think they have cracked down a bit on that.

I guess I have to decide if I want to try and stay on Chase's good side and get back to under 5/24 soon and not have too many inquiries, etc. or just go for it and try to get any cards I can now. Blow that 5/24 out of the water! I just really like Chase cards, so it is a hard call!
DH had applied for a personal SW in December, go the 7-10 day message, so he went for an Ink (instant approval). Then the SW card showed up 3 weeks later. In Jan he was on the Marriott website using a FNC from a canceled Bonvoy card, and they invited him to apply for a new Bonvoy. Another 7-10 day message. This one also randomly showed up in the mail 3 weeks later. So don't count out that SW card!

Do you have a lot of plans you need to get points for soon? If not, maybe slow it down?

I like to stay perpetually at 4/24. Occasionally, I'll go to 5/24 if one is dropping off soon, especially if I'll be waiting for the Chase 3 months anyways. Inks are too valuable to me to blow past 5/24.

Almost all our spend goes towards a SUB, upgrade offer, retention offer, spend offer, AU offer, or Hyatt status. Have also done the Hilton Surpass/biz 15k spend for FNC. We get Amex pop-up too, but sometimes links come up that will bypass it. I feel opportunities often present themselves eventually, though I'm feeling a lull right now.

DH had applied for a personal SW in December, go the 7-10 day message, so he went for an Ink (instant approval). Then the SW card showed up 3 weeks later. In Jan he was on the Marriott website using a FNC from a canceled Bonvoy card, and they invited him to apply for a new Bonvoy. Another 7-10 day message. This one also randomly showed up in the mail 3 weeks later. So don't count out that SW card!

I hope this means he won't go for another Chase card until September? That would be my risk tolerance.

Last edited:
I booked our Hawaii flights on SW and have been checking and rebooking when the prices have dropped. Currently one of our flights has decreased by 572 points each (3 people) but when I try to change it I am not seeing the amount decreasing. The website is showing 0 for the difference in points. There are two other flights the same day at the new lower point amount. If I change to one of those flights today to save the points how soon can I switch the flight back to the one we really want? Do I have to wait a day or could I change it again later today? I realize that doing this there is a risk that when I switch it back it could be more than what I originally paid. Thanks for any info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter