I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

FM is reporting some Amex 40th anniversary offers showing up on personal Plat cards. Delta, Hilton, Hertz, JetBlue, and more. For both me and DH, those offers only showed up on our CS Plats, not on our vanilla Plats which is kind of strange. Usually I see better offers on the vanilla Plats.

We have several on these offers on our vanilla plats - can probably use a few of them - JetBlue, Hilton, Telecharge, Delta.

I just recently opened the US Bank Altitude Reserve card. I activated the Priority Pass, so that step is done.

The only Priority Pass I've ever had is from DH's CSR. Typically it's just DH and me and we are able to use the restaurant feature at the airport we fly from. For that, I just give them the Priority pass card and if we go over (only once when DS was with us), it just gets charged to his CSR.

I know the restaurant feature is leaving CSR soon (part of the reason I got the USBAR card), and can be used 8 times (any combination of self and/or guests), but how to you use two "swipes" with that card when you eat at a restaurant - or go into a lounge for that matter?

TST? We went last year (I'm local) and it was such a fun environment. We only went to 1 evening session (Thursday I think? We were headed to BOS and then Ireland on that Saturday, so I know it wasn't Friday). It's such a great facility and it was fun to stroll from field to field watching games as they concluded (they did a great job staggering the starts so you could watch a number of games finish).

If you aren't talking about TST...then nevermind, lol!
Yes! It sounds fun. Saturday night has both men's and women's games. We could fly down Saturday morning, watch the games that night, airport hotel, fly back Sunday morning. DS has his own soccer game Sunday afternoon. DH is not on board. DS of course would go in a heartbeat.

I just recently opened the US Bank Altitude Reserve card. I activated the Priority Pass, so that step is done.

The only Priority Pass I've ever had is from DH's CSR. Typically it's just DH and me and we are able to use the restaurant feature at the airport we fly from. For that, I just give them the Priority pass card and if we go over (only once when DS was with us), it just gets charged to his CSR.

I know the restaurant feature is leaving CSR soon (part of the reason I got the USBAR card), and can be used 8 times (any combination of self and/or guests), but how to you use two "swipes" with that card when you eat at a restaurant - or go into a lounge for that matter?
The participating lounge enters in how many 'visits' you're consuming. It was transparent on our part so I don't know specifics, but when we used the PP from the AmEx Hilton (10 visits) they admitted both of us on one pass and no issue with any extra charges. They put in how ever many you have (up to any lounge max guest limits) and then PP subtracts visits. If you're out of included visits, PP will charge the card that is attached to the membership for the listed per visit fee. I'm having trouble remembering where the fee is listed at the moment. I recall it was increased to $35 within the last couple years. Just can't find my source!
(But that's why they have cautionary language on the restaurants as the visit fee may be more than the credit available, which I think is still $28. With AmEx, didn't have to worry about that! With others, keep track of your visits. )

I have the priority pass through my Capital One Venture X and DH has it on his CSR.

I am flying out of LGA (Delta) and back from FLL (Jet Blue) this summer... Looks like neither have any good options to utilize the PP lounge feature.

I prefer not to pay OOP or go out of my way. It's looking like the PP is not much of a benefit for me! :sad1:

I have the priority pass through my Capital One Venture X and DH has it on his CSR.

I am flying out of LGA (Delta) and back from FLL (Jet Blue) this summer... Looks like neither have any good options to utilize the PP lounge feature.

I prefer not to pay OOP or go out of my way. It's looking like the PP is not much of a benefit for me! :sad1:
Isn’t there a Chase Sapphire lounge at LGA??

Isn’t there a Chase Sapphire lounge at LGA??

There is one there now - I think it opened earlier this year. DH and I used it in February. It is probably one of the nicest lounges we've been in (but we don't travel internationally too much). They have QR codes that you can order from your phone and whatever you choose will be delivered to you. They also have a buffet and a bar to get something to eat or drink.

National Park peeps, give me your recommendations on Yellowstone please. I decided to limit travel and just save $ but seeing pics of Yellowstone has me rethinking. Is it too late to plan for summer 2025? We can really only travel Spring Break or summer break and ideally the beginning of June. Is this doable at all or totally unrealistic.

How rigid is AMEX these days with purchasing GCs as a means to complete spend for a SUB? Particularly the Business Plat.

National Park peeps, give me your recommendations on Yellowstone please. I decided to limit travel and just save $ but seeing pics of Yellowstone has me rethinking. Is it too late to plan for summer 2025? We can really only travel Spring Break or summer break and ideally the beginning of June. Is this doable at all or totally unrealistic.
We'll be there in 2 weeks, and I can report back on anything you want to know. As I've read, end of May/beginning of June is still really unpredictable weather wise. It's been snowing a lot lately, and it looks like the extended forecast for our visit will be lows of around high 30s, highs around the low 60s. I won't be surprised if it snows while we're there, and we're packing a ton of layers to be prepared for anything, lol. However, its one of the best times for seeing wildlife, all the babies are out, and less crowds of course. All the roads will be open during our visit, but keep in mind those usually open mid-late May. We booked our in-park lodging around July-August of last year, so approx 10 mos. in advance. So I'd say it's definitely not too late to start planning for June 2025, but you'll want to start looking at lodging soon :)

Last edited:
We'll be there in 2 weeks, and I can report back on anything you want to know. As I've read, end of May/beginning of June is still really unpredictable weather wise. It's been snowing a lot lately, and it looks like the extended forecast for our visit will be around low around high 30s, high of low 60s. I won't be surprised if it snows while we're there, and we're packing a ton of layers to be prepared for anything, lol. However, its one of the best times for seeing wildlife, all the babies are out, and less crowds of course. All the roads will be open during our visit, but keep in mind those usually open mid-late May. We booked our in-park lodging around July-August of last year, so approx 10 mos in advance. So I'd say it's definitely not too late to start planning for June 2025, but you'll want to start looking at lodging soon :)
Yes, babies!! This was taken in mid-June.

Attachments

• IMG_6452.JPG
    IMG_6452.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 42
How rigid is AMEX these days with purchasing GCs as a means to complete spend for a SUB? Particularly the Business Plat.
You definitely don't want to do "cash equivalent" GCs like prepaid Visa cards and that sort of thing. But I'm tens of thousands of dollars into Disney gift cards (purchased mainly at BJ's, in person and online) over several years and I've never had any issue.

Posted on the Points Guy:
Now through May 31st you can get a 30% transfer bonus when transferrring American Express Membership Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.

Great opportunity to book those Delta flights!!
Weird that they just posted it, that offer has been up for several weeks.

Aeromexico is also running a bonus right now, +20%.

We'll be there in 2 weeks, and I can report back on anything you want to know. As I've read, end of May/beginning of June is still really unpredictable weather wise. It's been snowing a lot lately, and it looks like the extended forecast for our visit will be lows of around high 30s, highs around the low 60s. I won't be surprised if it snows while we're there, and we're packing a ton of layers to be prepared for anything, lol. However, its one of the best times for seeing wildlife, all the babies are out, and less crowds of course. All the roads will be open during our visit, but keep in mind those usually open mid-late May. We booked our in-park lodging around July-August of last year, so approx 10 mos. in advance. So I'd say it's definitely not too late to start planning for June 2025, but you'll want to start looking at lodging soon :)
School is out by June 6 even if emergency days are used so I’d be looking at that time. DS will be 16 and may have a job so mid summer won’t really work although if he does summer school June doesn’t work either. This year summer school is 4 weeks in June so the whole month basically. So hard to work around school schedules. Anything I book will be totally refundable obviously.

Part of the 40 yr plat anniversary is a Hilton transfer bonus. I know we don't normally advise speculative transfers but I think I'll move some now that I'll end up using next year at some point.

Platinum Card 40% Point Transfer Offer: Platinum Card Members get 40% more Hilton Honors™ Points when you transfer Membership Rewards® points through from May 9 to May 31. Offer is only available to current Platinum Card Members on a Platinum Account opened on or before April 20, 2024. Terms apply

I always go back and forth on starting to accumulate MR's. We don't fly internationally and probably won't be for a few years anyways, and that seems to be the best use of MR's. I know there used to be a Schwab cashout option but not sure if that's still an option. I remember giftcards being an option at one point too, although not at a great redemption value. I probably should look into it more but been staying busy with other currencies for now.

I like MRs for Hilton as well. Points ordinarily transfer at a 1:2 ratio, but they often run a 30% transfer bonus, meaning that during this promotion, points transfer at a 1:2.6 ratio. In other words, you get 2,600 Hilton Honors points for every 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards points transferred.

Part of the 40 yr plat anniversary is a Hilton transfer bonus. I know we don't normally advise speculative transfers but I think I'll move some now that I'll end up using next year at some point.

Platinum Card 40% Point Transfer Offer: Platinum Card Members get 40% more Hilton Honors™ Points when you transfer Membership Rewards® points through from May 9 to May 31. Offer is only available to current Platinum Card Members on a Platinum Account opened on or before April 20, 2024. Terms apply
40% is great; I will do the same. I just moved a smallish amount the other day, so that's sort of junky.

You definitely don't want to do "cash equivalent" GCs like prepaid Visa cards and that sort of thing. But I'm tens of thousands of dollars into Disney gift cards (purchased mainly at BJ's, in person and online) over several years and I've never had any issue.
Mostly non cash-equivalent GCs but I was kind of hoping that I could do some Visa GCs as a workaround to using my AMEX at Costco. I really need to concentrate all spend on this card for the next few months and I'm such a huge spender at Costco. I think I'm just going to have to back off and go to the supermarket/amazon/target to fill the Costco void.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter