I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Also just got approved for a CIU for P2 using my support link. His chase Biz cards have all been closed out for several years now. He used to have a couple CIP’s in there and also a United Biz card. When I went to log in to his biz account it was locked and there was a number to call to unlock it. MUST I have him call to unlock or will having a new card to add to the account unlock it automatically?
put the phone on speaker and with both of you there you can direct and he can authorize.

Another data point that they checked in my companion before me for my flight tomorrow.

I was expecting my granddaughter (3) who is my companion to get pre check since I have it. Not horrible to have to use the regular line but anything I can do to have her join my in the pre check line? WI’ll they just let her come with me? Or can I call SW and see if they will add her?

Another data point that they checked in my companion before me for my flight tomorrow.

I was expecting my granddaughter (3) who is my companion to get pre check since I have it. Not horrible to have to use the regular line but anything I can do to have her join my in the pre check line? WI’ll they just let her come with me? Or can I call SW and see if they will add her?
Anyone under 12 is allowed to use Precheck if an adult on the same reservation has it.

So, it's been forever since I've shopped anywhere but Amazon...

I'm thinking of making a purchase at Macys.com - besides Ratuken (8% right now), are any of the Chase or CapOne shopping portals any better? I think Chase will give 3x the points right now.

Trying to figure out % versus 3x points is getting me confused...

So I got my snow day today....but just 4 days before we leave for Ireland I discover my basement has water. I can't catch a break....2 trees down in my backyard to deal w/ at some point too....It appears that my walls have new holes in them leaking w/ all this snow apparently that means water for me. Spring is going to be TERRIBLE if I'm already getting lots of water in the basement. I went to wash a blanket that was in the water and it disintegrated in my washing machine. So I have a washing machine full of king size blanket "fluff".

Oh and there's apparently a flipping Nor'easter heading to Boston on Tuesday when we will be flying! We need to get to Boston and then Bos to DUB. I swear if this doesn't happen! The stress I have now....UGH. I need a freaking break! My 17yo (who this trip is for) has been in an outpatient mental health program and will be switching to an eating disorder program after the trip. So we all kind of need this trip! Sigh......

Why?? Is it because they think you are doing too much? Or that your trip is too short?

I’ve found on TripAdvisor the destination experts are pretty tough on people who have an aggressive/busy plan.

I’m sure everyone would love to have more time to cover more ground at a slower pace but if it’s a matter of going or not, sometimes you just go!

We’re going for 2 weeks in June (first 2 week vacation for us…ever) and are staying 3 nights in 3 diff towns and then single nights here and there. We have 3 single nights at the end and the TA folks think I’m insane. Perhaps it’s not optimal but we are headed in 1 direction and would have multiple backtracks if we did it differently.

They are trying to tell me I'm doing too much and it's too short. We land in Dublin and are planning to head to Cork later that day. Day 2 we're doing the Blarney Castle, the Cliffs and then heading to Galway. SPD we'll be in Galway. Then last day back to Dublin. There isn't a lot my daughter wants to do. Her list was the Blarney Castle, the Cliffs and somewhere for SPD. It's going to be coldish and rainy. I don't feel like we're going to want to be out in the elements soaking up all that Ireland is, LOL. I see this as a "first" trip. And I'm sure at some point we'll go back and do more/different stuff.

Also I'm kinda used to doing super short fast trips now. W/ my flight benefits, the cost of airfare is out. And it makes it possible to travel more often.

I was able to snag March 27 - 31, 2023 at the Secrets Impressions Moxche, but I will be cancelling because I just can't get my head into a trip before I go to Amsterdam & Paris in early April (turns out I do have a limit on how much travel my aging body can tolerate). If anyone wants to try to grab the nights when I release them lmk and I will plan the cancellation to time with anyone looking to grab them.
OOOOOH, I might be interested, LOL. That's my spring break week. My BF and I were talking about maybe hitting Mexico fast. He wants to use our Marriott FNC but the prices are too high those dates. What was the points per night?

So I got my snow day today....but just 4 days before we leave for Ireland I discover my basement has water. I can't catch a break....2 trees down in my backyard to deal w/ at some point too....It appears that my walls have new holes in them leaking w/ all this snow apparently that means water for me. Spring is going to be TERRIBLE if I'm already getting lots of water in the basement. I went to wash a blanket that was in the water and it disintegrated in my washing machine. So I have a washing machine full of king size blanket "fluff".

Oh and there's apparently a flipping Nor'easter heading to Boston on Tuesday when we will be flying! We need to get to Boston and then Bos to DUB. I swear if this doesn't happen! The stress I have now....UGH. I need a freaking break! My 17yo (who this trip is for) has been in an outpatient mental health program and will be switching to an eating disorder program after the trip. So we all kind of need this trip! Sigh......

They are trying to tell me I'm doing too much and it's too short. We land in Dublin and are planning to head to Cork later that day. Day 2 we're doing the Blarney Castle, the Cliffs and then heading to Galway. SPD we'll be in Galway. Then last day back to Dublin. There isn't a lot my daughter wants to do. Her list was the Blarney Castle, the Cliffs and somewhere for SPD. It's going to be coldish and rainy. I don't feel like we're going to want to be out in the elements soaking up all that Ireland is, LOL. I see this as a "first" trip. And I'm sure at some point we'll go back and do more/different stuff.

Also I'm kinda used to doing super short fast trips now. W/ my flight benefits, the cost of airfare is out. And it makes it possible to travel more often.

OOOOOH, I might be interested, LOL. That's my spring break week. My BF and I were talking about maybe hitting Mexico fast. He wants to use our Marriott FNC but the prices are too high those dates. What was the points per night?
Hang in there. Mine are now 18 and 19 and with mine there were a lot of mental health issues from 15 to 17 and very few options for treatment:( Almost no adolescent psychiatrists, counselors weren't taking new patients, etc. But I was glad we did our best to deal with the issues while they were still under my roof.

And I'll send positive vibes for a smooth trip. The lead up to traveling is always so stressful for me. The mental load wears me out. Once I'm on the plane, I'm usually calm. I hope this is a very special trip for your

Hang in there. Mine are now 18 and 19 and with mine there were a lot of mental health issues from 15 to 17 and very few options for treatment:( Almost no adolescent psychiatrists, counselors weren't taking new patients, etc. But I was glad we did our best to deal with the issues while they were still under my roof.

And I'll send positive vibes for a smooth trip. The lead up to traveling is always so stressful for me. The mental load wears me out. Once I'm on the plane, I'm usually calm. I hope this is a very special trip for your
It's a struggle. After the pandemic, it's almost impossible to find a therapist.

With all the planning you have done for the Ireland trip I really hope that it goes. Ds’s flight to London was delayed just over 3 hours due to freezing rain, but he made it. Is there any way that you can get to BOS on Monday night to avoid any potential flight delay out of Detroit?

The cost per night was 25k pts, which I think is a great deal for a high end AI. I had to cancel the room a few hours ago to secure space at the Margutta 19 in Rome in late October. It’s still available if you want to grab it. Be aware that they have a $50.00 cancellation fee smh.

I envy your ability to travel so much without exhausting yourself. I am still getting up at 5:30am several days after coming back from London.

Does anyone know if a Hyatt pts booking can be changed if the nights aren’t available to book on pts (I only have the status that comes with the Chase Hyatt card).

I have 5 nights booked at the Cape Fahn in Koh Samui next January on pts; need to drop the last night to get back to Bangkok for an onward flight. Called Hyatt today and the CSR said that since the dates I booked aren’t available on pts currently she can’t drop the last night.

The cost per night was 25k pts, which I think is a great deal for a high end AI. I had to cancel the room a few hours ago to secure space at the Margutta 19 in Rome in late October. It’s still available if you want to grab it. Be aware that they have a $50.00 cancellation fee smh.

Just booked Secrets Impression Moxche for next year. In my excitement, I didn't realize we'd be gone for DD's birthday. :headache: Bad mom! Luckily found some other dates that worked and asked chat to change the dates. Had a moment of panic as I would hate to lose $50 for a dumb mistake!

Does anyone know if a Hyatt pts booking can be changed if the nights aren’t available to book on pts (I only have the status that comes with the Chase Hyatt card).

I have 5 nights booked at the Cape Fahn in Koh Samui next January on pts; need to drop the last night to get back to Bangkok for an onward flight. Called Hyatt today and the CSR said that since the dates I booked aren’t available on pts currently she can’t drop the last night.

Sounds like they're trying to do a cancel/rebook. Is this something that changed categories since you booked?

Leave for the airport in a bit for my flight to mco. Excited for warm weather, annoyed that a couple of days keep bouncing between 70s and 60s so I had to pack more than will be necessary. This trip is to thaw out, I don't want to be cold. Phoenix Thurs to sun is low 70s which isn't bad.

Realized when packing with the weather and two totally different attire needed (Disney and mariners) that this trip makes much more sense on paper than it does in the suitcase. Thankfully I have a bigger suitcase and it's under 50lb. Helped understand how best to pack for Japan too. But at least I won't need jeans or sneakers theremin Sept so it'll be easier.

Is anyone here familiar with Vegas?
U2 is supposed to be playing at the new MSG sphere this fall. I have been a massive U2 fan since I was 13. I missed the last few tours since I was either pregnant or had a new baby each time. I swore last time I missed it nothing would stop me from seeing them next time they played.

Now, reality is setting in. I’m from CT. I need to get flights. Hotel. It looks like the Sphere is near the Venetian. Is there anywhere else to look for lodging around there that we will be able to walk to the concert? Does Vegas have any childcare options? We are going to Mohegan Sun in CT and they have a kids club for the kids. Not sure otherwise what to do with the kids.

As much as I love Bono and want to go, Im thinking a quick weekend is going to cost me like $3000. Not sure that’s going to be worth it. I saw them in 2000 and 2004 so it’s not like I’ve never seen them….
DW is all about this Vegas residency for U2. She was hoping for more of an announcement during the Super Bowl but all we got was confirmation. Tickets will be through the roof. We went to Nashville to see the Bono Surrender tour last Nov and it was incredible.

We go to Vegas several times a year but usually stay further south on the Strip. Usually at Caesars but have been staying at Paris the last few times and like that more. Everything in Vegas is a long walk and usually quicker to walk it than catch a cab or Uber with all the traffic. Just wear your tennis shoes.

Don’t know about childcare options. We don’t take our kids and have told them they aren’t going until they are 21. Oldest turns 21 on Oct this year so starting to think about a trip but it’s just in your face everywhere. I don’t get offended and enjoy adult humor but not as much with my daughter right next to me. Still have a few months to figure it out.

Hi! New here and wondering if you can help. 18 year old needs first credit card. College freshman and major expenses paid by parents. Makes ~$1500/month and spends about $50-$100/ month at Target, restaurants. Just wants to start earning credit, possibly earn some money/points. May shop a little on Amazon after getting a card. Very responsible kid, will pay off card each month. Currently has US Bank account and debit card.

In branch 90k CSP offer coming 3/19 per DoC
🤔 I was planning on opening a CSR this month. Maybe I should go this route instead. I’d like to have a CSR for the extra redemption though. Maybe I could PC Dh’s freedom to a CSR for a year and open myself a CSP…

Thanks everyone for the Vegas/u2 info. Since we don’t have family to watch our little kids it’s either leave them home with DD18, which doesn’t sound great or DD18 has said she wants to go and she’ll watch the kids the night of the concert. No idea exactly when the concert is and if I could even get tickets but getting the whole family there, room, tickets, plane, etc Im probably look at $4,000. Im leaving the option open and will certainly try to make it work, but it’s not looking good. Especially if it gets delayed. We are going to Hawaii in Nov. so it needs to be more early fall like Oct. Unless they want to delay just enough so we could stop in Vegas and then go to Hawaii.

Hi! New here and wondering if you can help. 18 year old needs first credit card. College freshman and major expenses paid by parents. Makes ~$1500/month and spends about $50-$100/ month at Target, restaurants. Just wants to start earning credit, possibly earn some money/points. May shop a little on Amazon after getting a card. Very responsible kid, will pay off card each month. Currently has US Bank account and debit card.
I think Discover Student is recommended. My 19-year old started with a Chase Freedom Student once she turned 18. I've heard that can be harder to get as a first card.

With all the planning you have done for the Ireland trip I really hope that it goes. Ds’s flight to London was delayed just over 3 hours due to freezing rain, but he made it. Is there any way that you can get to BOS on Monday night to avoid any potential flight delay out of Detroit?

I envy your ability to travel so much without exhausting yourself. I am still getting up at 5:30am several days after coming back from London.
I LOVED Margutta 19! We stayed there in August. Great location and the staff was very nice and helpful. We had a classic suite room on the top floor and back side of the hotel. It had a lovely large balcony. They left us a welcome platter of fruit and the peaches were the best I have had since childhood, so juicy and full of flavor.

As someone else mentioned, it appears that the only option is to cancel and rebook. I am not aware of any hotels that do it differently than that because I have been in this position a few times. I have a Hilton reservation in London for 4 nts but needed to drop the last night. I couldn't even do that because the room was no longer available on pts for the first 3 nights. I didn't want to risk cancelling and rebooking because I was afraid the first 3 nts might get snapped up while they were rebooking. They said there is no way to just "change" an existing reservation. However, in my case they called the hotel directly and they said that they would refund the pts if I let them know upon arrival that I would be checking out 1 day early. I'm hoping they honor that; otherwise, I'm out 80K pts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter