I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone have any creative ways for me to combine AA points between DH and I without having to pay a gazillion dollars?
I’m trying to use up all of my AA points on a trip. DH has about 81,000; I have 19,000 and change. The trip I’m looking to book is 22.5k points times the four of us. So I’m left short.
I have some Chase UR points and Bonvoy points that I’d rather not spend but could.

Any suggestions on what to do here? I’m trying to be as frugal as possible :)

Anyone have any creative ways for me to combine AA points between DH and I without having to pay a gazillion dollars?
I’m trying to use up all of my AA points on a trip. DH has about 81,000; I have 19,000 and change. The trip I’m looking to book is 22.5k points times the four of us. So I’m left short.
I have some Chase UR points and Bonvoy points that I’d rather not spend but could.

I would go ahead and book 3 on your husband's account. Then book the 4th ticket on your account and put it on hold.
You are short 3,500 miles short, using AA shopping portal is going to be the cheapest way to get those miles.
They aren't free but you'll get something.
You could sign up for Hello Fresh and Green Chef, earn 2,000 miles for which will usually post after your first order ships. Not free but at least you'll get food too.

Other options if you don't want to go the shopping portal route is to transfer 4000 miles from your DH (needs to be increments of 1000) for $60. Or transfer from Bonvoy at 3:1, but you can do exact amounts.

I was really hoping for a transfer bonus to BA. I need to book Hiroshima to Haneda but I've been holding off in case of a transfer bonus. I think I can hold off until next month, just looking there is plenty of availability.

Is there anyway to change the payment due date on a card? I applied for chase SW biz card last week and received it today. The due date isn’t until 4/18. I was hoping for earlier as we have travel next month that I’d like to use the CP I’ll get from meeting the spend.

Is there anyway to change the payment due date on a card? I applied for chase SW biz card last week and received it today. The due date isn’t until 4/18. I was hoping for earlier as we have travel next month that I’d like to use the CP I’ll get from meeting the spend.

Due date of 4/18 means your statement will close 3/21. The points and CP will post a couple days later.

In the app click that card scroll down to account services and there should be a request a new due date listed

Here's another Chase tip: you may already know about this but I'll post anyway. I have 8 cards total so every so often I fill out the form and check to see if there is anything useful there. Sometimes it is UR's. These are called 'spend offers' and are in addition to other offers or regular rewards on your chase cards. It's also a reason for keeping certain no fee cards.

Your offer is activated.

From January 15 to March 31, 2023 you’ll earn 5X total Bonus Points on:

• Gas station purchases
  • Grocery store purchases
  • Internet, cable and phone services
This offer is valid for every $1 you spend on up to $1,500 in combined purchases made with your World of Hyatt Credit Card.*
http://www.chase.com/mybonus

I get 5% on gas Jan til end of March using my Hyatt card.
If you don’t mind answering ,what form do you fill out and where is it on Chase site? Is this different from the offers?

If you don’t mind answering ,what form do you fill out and where is it on Chase site? Is this different from the offers?

It's separate and sometimes these offers come in email. But if you learn someone has received an offer on here, checking your own cards may turn up an offer.

Click here for the form:
http://www.chase.com/mybonus

Last edited:
🤔 How do I ask for Advice?

Well... find your flameproof suit, your courage, and perhaps a stiff drink, then use your words...

Naw, we're a friendly bunch! 🥰 Just dive right in, no worries! But there are numerous things that the experts here would need to know to provide qualified and helpful advice.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months. This would include all personal credit cards, store credit cards, business credit cards (but not things such as auto loans, mortgages or debit cards). If you have a spouse (aka Player 2) please also list their cards separately if they are participating in this as well.

The format you should use to do that is as follows:
MM/YY - ISSUER Card Name
  • MM = Month (suggest to add a 0 before single digit months to make it look even more uniform)
  • YY = Year
  • ISSUER = CHASE, AMEX, CITI, BOFA, WELLS FARGO, etc.
  • Card Name = The Full Card Name (including business or personal if applicable)
Example:
11/21 - AMEX Business Gold Rewards
01/22 - CHASE Marriott Personal
04/22 - CHASE Ink Preferred
09/22 - CITI AAdvantage Business
11/22 - CHASE Southwest Business
01/23 - CHASE Southwest Plus

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport?
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel)
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
You DO NOT need to list all of this (or really any of this) info above to ask for advice...just know that the MORE you share, the BETTER the advice we'll be able to provide. If we feel that you have not provided us enough info, you'll often be directed back here or met with lots of questions before getting any answers.

Hiya Dis-ies!!!

I have been taking a break from credit cards the last year or three, but after lurking here and getting emboldened by your cleverness, last month I got me a Capital one card... and now, $216 richer between the SUB and all the groceries I would have bought anyway for my teens, I am thinking I like this game... so I come to y'all for advice, oh advise-y ones...

My stats...
I am at 1/24 (to the very best of my knowledge) and it's:
02/23- Capital One Quicksilver (personal)

P2 has a bank-issued MC, but he's had it forever.

My personal "natural spend" is about $1.5k per month (gas and groceries... I repeat, TEENAGERS!!!) But if I combine forces with P2 (currently doesn't play at all...) we could meet the $6k/3mo minimum spend I am seeing on the Chase Ink Business Cash card I am looking at, which has a $900 SUB and a big banner that says "ending soon!" I like that one for the 5% on our $300/month phone and internet bill...

I am interested in doing this just because I like free stuff, especially free money (so, cash back)... no immediate travel on the horizon. My next big trip plan is Europe in summer of 2025 after DD graduates from high school (and I hit a certain landmark birthday that shall not be named...) So maybe that's what I should say my goal is... Cash back to cash out and save up for the trip for now, free/cheaper travel as the time actually gets close enough. But I think I'm too far out right now to make any of the points-cards-with-annual-fees worth it just yet.

So, my questions, and your advice...

First, I am looking at Chase Ink, but I am a bit twitchy about calling myself a "business," though people do pay me from time to time for everything from babysitting, tutoring, and my phenomenal creative services to occasional junk I sell at flea markets or (long ago) on eBay. But, I mean, the worst they could say is "no," right?

Second, I signed up for my Capitol One card on February 4th... do I have to wait until after 30 days before applying for Chase? I think I read that somewhere (probably here...)

Third, I am in the process of getting (created, but have not yet funded) a TD bank personal checking account that has a $200 SUB. I am thinking that shouldn't affect anything Chase-wise, but I thought I'd run it by y'all, just to be sure.

Fourth, my two closest gas stations are 7-eleven and Wawa... which could also be considered convenience stores... anybody already with Chase know how those code for CB purposes?

Fourth (and this is sooooo low-end, but I'm just curious and thinking ahead...) does fast-food count in the 2% restaurants category? I'm talking McD's, Taco Bell, Domino's, Pizza Hut... (and I repeat repeating... TEENAGERS!!! No real restaurants for us until their metabolisms slow down!!!) Again, if those code as restaurants (2%), great... if not, I'll stick with the Cap1 for those purchases...

Alright, bright ones, enlighten me...:worship:

Hiya Dis-ies!!!

I have been taking a break from credit cards the last year or three, but after lurking here and getting emboldened by your cleverness, last month I got me a Capital one card... and now, $216 richer between the SUB and all the groceries I would have bought anyway for my teens, I am thinking I like this game... so I come to y'all for advice, oh advise-y ones...

My stats...
I am at 1/24 (to the very best of my knowledge) and it's:
02/23- Capital One Quicksilver (personal)

P2 has a bank-issued MC, but he's had it forever.

My personal "natural spend" is about $1.5k per month (gas and groceries... I repeat, TEENAGERS!!!) But if I combine forces with P2 (currently doesn't play at all...) we could meet the $6k/3mo minimum spend I am seeing on the Chase Ink Business Cash card I am looking at, which has a $900 SUB and a big banner that says "ending soon!" I like that one for the 5% on our $300/month phone and internet bill...

I am interested in doing this just because I like free stuff, especially free money (so, cash back)... no immediate travel on the horizon. My next big trip plan is Europe in summer of 2025 after DD graduates from high school (and I hit a certain landmark birthday that shall not be named...) So maybe that's what I should say my goal is... Cash back to cash out and save up for the trip for now, free/cheaper travel as the time actually gets close enough. But I think I'm too far out right now to make any of the points-cards-with-annual-fees worth it just yet.

So, my questions, and your advice...

First, I am looking at Chase Ink, but I am a bit twitchy about calling myself a "business," though people do pay me from time to time for everything from babysitting, tutoring, and my phenomenal creative services to occasional junk I sell at flea markets or (long ago) on eBay. But, I mean, the worst they could say is "no," right?

Second, I signed up for my Capitol One card on February 4th... do I have to wait until after 30 days before applying for Chase? I think I read that somewhere (probably here...)

Third, I am in the process of getting (created, but have not yet funded) a TD bank personal checking account that has a $200 SUB. I am thinking that shouldn't affect anything Chase-wise, but I thought I'd run it by y'all, just to be sure.

Fourth, my two closest gas stations are 7-eleven and Wawa... which could also be considered convenience stores... anybody already with Chase know how those code for CB purposes?

Fourth (and this is sooooo low-end, but I'm just curious and thinking ahead...) does fast-food count in the 2% restaurants category? I'm talking McD's, Taco Bell, Domino's, Pizza Hut... (and I repeat repeating... TEENAGERS!!! No real restaurants for us until their metabolisms slow down!!!) Again, if those code as restaurants (2%), great... if not, I'll stick with the Cap1 for those purchases...

Alright, bright ones, enlighten me...:worship:
:welcome:
I’ll help with what I can….
Since you sell things definitely apply for the CIC or CIU as a sole proprietor using just your first and last name as the business name. Once approved if your P2 will apply for a business card generated a support link from your card so you get the extra 20k URs.

You don’t have to wait 30 days from the Capital 1 card…the 30 is for Chase applications, but the recommended time between Chase cards is 90 days
Bank bonus will not affect the Chase application
For me on LI 7-11 codes as gas,
Fast food will code as restaurants

OMG! FOMO set in seriously!

All talk about offer ending soon made me app for a CIU.

It took me longer to fill out the application than to get an approval.

Now I'm working on how to spend $6k in 3 months. Due to car insurance, utilities and aother insurance premium, I have $1400 sitting ready to be paid. Would have paid yesterday except I was busy. That leaves $4600 to find. I guess I can pick up some visa gc's at staples, and then pay ahead on electric a couple of times.

Meeting 6K is a stretch but I'll make it somehow.

Now I'm working on how to spend $6k in 3 months. Due to car insurance, utilities and aother insurance premium, I have $1400 sitting ready to be paid. Would have paid yesterday except I was busy. That leaves $4600 to find. I guess I can pick up some visa gc's at staples, and then pay ahead on electric a couple of times.

There's always fee-free visas at Staples to pad your spending...

If you're willing to take a little less profit, you can always send $2,000/week via Venmo to a trusted party who returns it to you for some easy manufactured spending. You'll pay $120 for the $4,000 in spend, but the bonuses should more than cover that if you're facing a crunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter