I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I feel like there is no way to know when/if Amex might pull the rug out from under us, whether by using the pop-up, denying a SUB, or deciding to shutdown an account because someone went through an agent that they suddenly decide is corrupt (even if the applicant did nothing wrong) so I tend to try to tread lightly and stay far away from the line with them. Of course that has to do with my not wanting a shutdown. The downside is that we don't have multiple personal and biz platinums and we don't have the many, many points that would come with those.
I'm probably over the line and will start closing my Platinums and won't keep my Biz Golds, so what's one more I guess? That said I won't throw a fit if I apply, make the MSR, and then don't get a bonus. Low expectations is the key to happiness:)

I had two charges on my Amex from Walmart.com for almost $500 each. I got the fraud alert and immediately checked my Walmart. Sure enough I had two orders for two electronics for $498 each. But they have my email and address on them. I was able to cancel the charges, changed my Walmart password and called Amex fraud.
But why would someone buy something from Walmart.com and have it delivered to me? Is it just a test to see if they can get away with using the card or something?

I had two charges on my Amex from Walmart.com for almost $500 each. I got the fraud alert and immediately checked my Walmart. Sure enough I had two orders for two electronics for $498 each. But they have my email and address on them. I was able to cancel the charges, changed my Walmart password and called Amex fraud.
But why would someone buy something from Walmart.com and have it delivered to me? Is it just a test to see if they can get away with using the card or something?
You may want to change your email password too just in case, and watch any other cards that might be stored in your WM account. It's possible the culprit was counting on you not paying attention and planning a porch pirate attempt for the delivery.

Just approved for a new CIU (decided not to push my luck with Amex right now). I need it in hand by 6/15. Can I call and expedite or should I be good? I thought you could only expedite CIP but then I thought people were getting CIU/CICs expedited.

Last edited:
Just approved for a new CIU (decided not to push my luck with Amex right now). I need it in hand by 6/15. Can I call and expedite or should I be good? I thought you could only expedite CIP but then I thought people were getting CIU/CICs expedited.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing how many Chase biz cards you have? I need another card and find URs easier to use than MRs (or whatever AmEx points are called).

This would be a very risky move and would also likely put additional eyes on the account that the account holder may not want. What would be the factual basis for a CFPB complaint? @smallsy is looking for an exception to policy, I don't think getting lawyers involved is the way to get an exception. I would be calling in, sending a SM and/or email, maybe even an actual mailed letter. But no way am I going to risk a complete shutdown over something that was my screw up.
Yeah, I agree. I think I'm done trying to fix it. I was nervous enough for DH to call.

So I'm getting the run around from everyone on getting my points refunded for the London tour I booked through Chase that was canceled (without me being notified) due to Ride London 2022. Chase actually told me that activities were non refundable. The tour company says the refunded Viator/Trip Advisor. I emailed cxloyalty again but they don't respond.

Just an FYI that may already be common knowledge, but it was a first for me. I booked a 2 night stay with HH, had enough points for one night plus some additional points. The point redemption was the same for both nights, but the cash price was different. They applied the "free" night to the cheaper rate and used the cash + points on the more expensive night. I canceled and did 2 separate bookings using the points only for the pricier night, saving me $37. Not huge, but definitely worth it to me!

I would use CSR Travel Credit - then Downgrade to Freedom. Then either Downgrade or cancel CSP (depending on how much credit is already extended).
Since you are coming up on your 48 month mark. I would try for the Modified Double Dip on the CSR and CSP so you can get a SUB again on both.
Yes, that's the plan! I will likely downgrade 1 and cancel the other. We have to call to PC, right?

I may also want to move some of the credit from the CSP (14K) to the CSR (9K) before I PC. Should I go ahead and do that now?

Just found out that Raise is not currently accepting AA GCs for resale. Anyone have another recommendation for where to sell a 100 card? I've always used Raise and didn't even think to check their site before purchasing it. I would have done something else with my BoA airline credit. Ugh.

So I'm getting the run around from everyone on getting my points refunded for the London tour I booked through Chase that was canceled (without me being notified) due to Ride London 2022. Chase actually told me that activities were non refundable. The tour company says the refunded Viator/Trip Advisor. I emailed cxloyalty again but they don't respond.
I'd call Chase URs and ask for a supervisor, then explain the situation. It may take a few calls and a fairly long time on the phone, but there is no reason why you shouldn't get a full refund for a tour that you booked and paid for with URs that was cancelled without your knowledge.

Yes, that's the plan! I will likely downgrade 1 and cancel the other. We have to call to PC, right?

I may also want to move some of the credit from the CSP (14K) to the CSR (9K) before I PC. Should I go ahead and do that now?

Since you have to call to pc rather than wait for them to do it via sm I would just do all of it on one call. It'll be easier.

I was wondering this..... if it gets canceled doesn't the TC get taken back?
I haven't gotten the TC taken back, but then again I had legitimate cancelations and made other travel purchases soon after. They do however clawback UR, even though the original purchase didn't earn any UR. I only lost 50 UR from the fees on canceled SW points flights, but it's kind of lame they do that.

Daiso has me so trained that I have to use visa because they don't take amex that I forgot I could actually use my MC that I'm working on spend on. What I get for all the new amex cards the last year. 😂

So Chase can't find my activity reservation to refund me. The guy I'm talking to has a rooster crowing non-stop in the background (for real) and there is so much static. This is the third time I've been transferred. I've asked to speak with a supervisor.

I strongly recommend booking tours elsewhere--it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter