I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to tell myself this every day. I stay home with him so idk what I’ll do when he’s in school all day 😢
It’s called PTA and school volunteer :) I had the pleasure of working from home most of DS’s time in elementary school and it was wonderful to be involved.

Last edited:
Recently applied for and received the Capital One Venture X card. Went to their travel portal to utilize the $300 travel credit. Found a car rental for $300. However, the site would only allow me to pay $217 - the remaining $83 (taxes & fees) had to be paid at pickup. When picking up the vehicle, they didn't have my car category available and gave me an upgrade without asking. Upon leaving the car rental location, checked the receipt and saw that they had charged me $153. Returned to the rental counter and they explained that the taxes and fees were higher due to the upgrade. Told them I only wanted to pay the price agreed to on the confirmation. They said I could wait an hour while they prepped another vehicle. Told them I could not wait and asked for manager. After a lengthy wait, manager fixed it and charged me the $83.

Obviously not happy with this. First off, couldn't pay for and use the entire credit for the booking upfront, and secondly, allowed the rental company to tack on fees at pickup. Is this typical for all car rentals on their travel portal? Always paid for the entire booking when using the Chase UR portal. Since the booking only used $217 of the travel credit, now need to figure out how to use the remaining $83 credit. Overall, just a very frustrating experience!

Anyone familiar with DFW? Our AA flight was changed and we have a 55 min. layover. Will that be enough to get us from one flight to the next? There are other direct flights to SLC in case we miss the first one but there is also a flight that leaves an hour earlier from Miami but we would have to be at the airport at 5:45am.
In the before times I would have booked that connection without an issue. Now I'm very hesitant to book anything with less than a 2 hour layover. I had a work trip to Vegas a couple weeks ago and had nice 100-110 minute layovers in both directions. Enough time to stop, sit down and eat between flights. Both directions had over an hour delays so my 110 minute layover became 45 real quick. I was walking very fast, very long distances in both ORD and MSP to make my connections. I did have enough time at ORD to grab a sandwich along the way.

Incredibly frustrated. I’m booking a last minute flight on Southwest and transferred some URs over to top off my RR points. Well I requested the transfer 24hrs ago, and the points STILL HAVEN’T SHOWN UP in my RR account. This morning the flight is 2000pts more, which means I won’t have enough points to book the flight. I’m so irritated. I thought transfers from UR to Southwest were instant. Big sigh..

I’m planning to be pretty involved in his classroom if they’ll let me. My mom did that when I was a kid and I loved it. I might sub some too

I know this is not exactly the same, but DD's school has the Watch D.O.G.S. program. Allows fathers/father-figures to get involved in the school by spending a day at the school. It's really fun and the kids really look forward to it. This year I was able to do it three times. Past years the year would be completely booked at back to school night. They are not really yet allowing parents in for parties and such so this is a nice way to get involved for now.

Once COVID started I moved DD from a school halfway between my work and hose to the neighborhood school, but her past school I was on first name with most the staff. My job is really flexible about making up time or taking time off so it was nice to be at all the school parties, field days, and just helping out for various random things. Now with COVID and her moving schools I have not been able to be as involved as DD would like, so being able to get in for Watch DOGS is really nice.

Incredibly frustrated. I’m booking a last minute flight on Southwest and transferred some URs over to top off my RR points. Well I requested the transfer 24hrs ago, and the points STILL HAVEN’T SHOWN UP in my RR account. This morning the flight is 2000pts more, which means I won’t have enough points to book the flight. I’m so irritated. I thought transfers from UR to Southwest were instant. Big sigh..

Log out completely and log back in. I am not sure if this is the case but pre-COVID I ran into this, kept refreshing and nothing, logged out and back in and the page finally updated.

I’m planning to be pretty involved in his classroom if they’ll let me. My mom did that when I was a kid and I loved it. I might sub some too
DS’s school did that until 3rd grade then no more in class volunteers. Not sure if that was teacher driven or admin driven. The number of volunteers was high so not many opportunities to volunteer.

DS’s school did that until 3rd grade then no more in class volunteers. Not sure if that was teacher driven or admin driven. The number of volunteers was high so not many opportunities to volunteer.
That’s what I’ve heard from the school we live by. They get so many volunteers for in the class and field trips that I don’t think everyone can

Oh, wow. That sucks. I spent so much time at school between 1st and 5th grade most of the kids thought I was a teacher. DS’s school appreciated the parent volunteers whether for photocopying and stapling papers together, math and ELA review, etc.

Log out completely and log back in. I am not sure if this is the case but pre-COVID I ran into this, kept refreshing and nothing, logged out and back in and the page finally updated.
Thanks I appreciate your response. I have logged in and out multiple times. I finally checked my UR account, and it still says the transfer is pending. I transferred some Hyatt points at the same time, and that was instant. Not sure what’s causing the delay.

Thanks I appreciate your response. I have logged in and out multiple times. I finally checked my UR account, and it still says the transfer is pending. I transferred some Hyatt points at the same time, and that was instant. Not sure what’s causing the delay.
This is very unusual. It has always been instant in my experience. Not sure if a call to Chase would help?

Here is a question I figure someone will know!

There's currently an Amex offer for Sam's Club membership but for new memberships only. I've had one for years so I obviously don't qualify, but would my husband, opening one in his own name, qualify? He is currently an "additional cardholder" on my account (the one that is free to other household members).

We need to renew soon so I thought this might be a good time.

Also, does anyone know (if we were to do this because I've seen "special offers" on Sam's in all sorts of places)... after my own membership has been expired for a year, can I do the offer again after HIS membership expires? Would they consider me "new" again or no?

speaking of groupon...
Groupon is offering select 12-Month Sam's Club Membership Package w/ Complimentary Items for prices listed below, valid for New Sam's Club Members only.

Note, offer valid for new Sam's Club Members only; not valid for membership renewals, for those with a current membership or those who were Sam's Club members less than 6 months prior to September 1, 2021.

Available Options:
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership + Member's Mark Pie + $10 eGift Card After Using Scan & Go Feature $15
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership + Member's Mark Pie + $35 eGift Card After Using Scan & Go Feature $25
Includes:
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership
  • Complimentary Household Card
  • Free Member's Mark Pie
  • $10/$35 eGift Card after using Scan & Go Feature
    • Must spend $10/35+ (pre-tax; depending on your package deal)
    • Must use Scan & Go within 60 days of membership
    • Allow up to 6 weeks for delivery of your eGift card after using Scan & Go

Sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, it’s very disappointing.

Have made about six transfers of UR points to Hyatt in the last three months. They’ve all taken at least a couple of days. Don’t know why this is happening. Heard that it’s supposed to be instantaneous. And have logged out and back in multiple times to see if it updated and it did not.

speaking of groupon...
Groupon is offering select 12-Month Sam's Club Membership Package w/ Complimentary Items for prices listed below, valid for New Sam's Club Members only.

Note, offer valid for new Sam's Club Members only; not valid for membership renewals, for those with a current membership or those who were Sam's Club members less than 6 months prior to September 1, 2021.

Available Options:
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership + Member's Mark Pie + $10 eGift Card After Using Scan & Go Feature $15
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership + Member's Mark Pie + $35 eGift Card After Using Scan & Go Feature $25
Includes:
  • 12-Month Sam's Club Membership
  • Complimentary Household Card
  • Free Member's Mark Pie
  • $10/$35 eGift Card after using Scan & Go Feature
    • Must spend $10/35+ (pre-tax; depending on your package deal)
    • Must use Scan & Go within 60 days of membership
    • Allow up to 6 weeks for delivery of your eGift card after using Scan & Go
Thanks for sharing this offer. Wish there was a Sam’s Club nearby. Do they have enough online offerings to make the membership worthwhile?

We've used eMed almost exclusively for COVID testing, in Iceland, Mexico, France and Cayman Islands and it's worked well every time. Now we get about $12 reimbursement per test through our insurance company, so that's nice too. Never had any connectivity issues, wait times or supply issues. Once had an issue with their ability to scan one of the box's QR codes, but they got it to work. Shipping is fast.

Pro tip: Kids get registered under an adult. Have each adult register a kid so you can cycle through the tests faster.
The only issue we had with the kits was they got crushed in our suitcases and the proctor noticed the seal popped open. When I said they got crushed she let it go.
Enjoy while he is still little! Before you know it, he‘ll be 15 and the tallest member of the family like my DS.
Right? My 13 yo is taller than I am although he has a ways to before he beats DH who is 6'2". In some ways I miss 4 yo DS.
Oh, wow. That sucks. I spent so much time at school between 1st and 5th grade most of the kids thought I was a teacher. DS’s school appreciated the parent volunteers whether for photocopying and stapling papers together, math and ELA review, etc.
In K & 1st, I was there once a week. By 2nd it was 1-2x per month. There was some volunteers in office but you wouldn't have contact with kids. I still know some of the kids from 1st grade but not so much on the kids that were in later classes. And forget middle school BC very little parent opportunities plus pandemic means I'm never in the school.

Logged in/out of Chase or SW? I would do both (I'm sure you probably did)
Fingers crossed they come through today and it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter