I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I'm looking at 50,000 NON DIRECT when last year I had booked a 28k for a direct flight. At least it's not real money.
Seems to be working a little better, but I need to move UR over. While I can see the transaction in my ledger on SW the points aren't showing in my total and are not usable.

Not quite that high for me. I've been flying anywhere from 4977 to 7323 one way with plane change and now I'm paying 11018 for one way. And, there are about twice as many flights as there should be.

Booked 3 trips with Southwest's schedule release this morning. I didn't book anything for Spring Break, but did for Easter. We did that SW promo for 2 CP in Jan/Feb. I've never had 2. Can you book the 2 CP holders together on one flight? I assume the other 2 CP recipients would be booked separately, then, so a total of 3 confirmation numbers?

Each companion will have a separate confirmation number. We book one way flights, so 8 different confirmation for a family of 4. The good news is last year they started automatically assigning a boarding spot to the companion when I check-in for my own flight. I still have to check her in separately, but she has already been assigned the boarding position just before mine.

I have a refund/credit question. Back in May, we put a $5k deposit down via CC for a travel trailer. For various reasons we are rethinking this purchase (we still don't have the trailer and it looks like it could be the end of the year). Anyway, the deposit is refundable. Obviously, I've returned things before on a CC and there's a positive balance. Typically it's an amount I use w/in the next billing cycle. I'm not so sure on this one though. It's also on my SW Card, so I do know I'll lose 5k in points, but I was wondering if I can get a refund for that amount as opposed to carrying a large positive balance for a few months? Would I need to request a payment or would it happen automatically if it's still there after 1 billing cycle.

Finally finished my SW bookings. That was exhausting. Definitely will be watching for those prices to drop. Now I need to pick up a hotel night somewhere because I booked us flying in a day early. It's all good, I still have 2 nights mid-trip with no hotel lol There's still a slight possibility this trip will be canceled so I don't want to borrow DVC points until I know for sure. My military son can't seem to get a leave request put in and this trip is for him.

I asked this over on the RunDisney forum but I’ll ask here too with a bit more detail:

Question: I have a Caribbean Beach Resort room booked right now for 1/4-1/11, but I have the ability to buy some points through Marriott, transfer some AmEx points and end up saving $900 to stay at the Swan Reserve. Any thoughts on if this is worth it? I’m leaning towards yes at the moment given the lack of EMH and fast passes being paid now as there’s not a lot or reason to stay on site anymore.

Ends up being a Marriott 1.4cpp redemption

I have a refund/credit question. Back in May, we put a $5k deposit down via CC for a travel trailer. For various reasons we are rethinking this purchase (we still don't have the trailer and it looks like it could be the end of the year). Anyway, the deposit is refundable. Obviously, I've returned things before on a CC and there's a positive balance. Typically it's an amount I use w/in the next billing cycle. I'm not so sure on this one though. It's also on my SW Card, so I do know I'll lose 5k in points, but I was wondering if I can get a refund for that amount as opposed to carrying a large positive balance for a few months? Would I need to request a payment or would it happen automatically if it's still there after 1 billing cycle.

Send a secure message to Chase, which issues your SW card - follow the prompts to select your account and topic for a credit balance refund. They’ll issue you a refund via email (which may require some additional steps on your part to set up) that’ll electronically transfer the refund to your bank account. You might be able to get the refund sent to you as a paper check if you call the number on the back of your card.

What happens if I PYB more than I owe? My current balance is only about $200, but I have about $800 in transactions I could do PYB on. Could I get a check? Or will it just be a negative balance until I spend it?
I'm using my credit on regular spend that I'd otherwise spend anyway....in effect saving that money to put elsewhere in budget

I got one to pricing (no further) and wow. I'm looking at January flights at 2x what I've been paying for the past year.
really? I booked some (speculative) flights in Jan/Feb and the prices are great IMHO from where I am

What are your thoughts on that Bilt card? DD's building keeps pelting her with ads for it.

Lots of thoughts, but on a very high level, it’s a great card if you can’t get the actual Hyatt card because you’re at/over 5/24 or shutdown by Chase; have the ability to MS for Hyatt points which have a lot of upside for 2 cpp+ redemptions; and even better if you rent and can get a category bonus boost on that payment (but note the rent category bonus is capped per month, so there’s a point where high COL doesn’t confer any further benefit). Note too the actual Hyatt card is still better because spend on it counts towards elite nights, which earns milestone awards and counts towards elite status. The Bilt card allows you to transfer to Hyatt, but doesn’t have the ability to earn elite nights, milestones, and status.

I asked this over on the RunDisney forum but I’ll ask here too with a bit more detail:

Question: I have a Caribbean Beach Resort room booked right now for 1/4-1/11, but I have the ability to buy some points through Marriott, transfer some AmEx points and end up saving $900 to stay at the Swan Reserve. Any thoughts on if this is worth it? I’m leaning towards yes at the moment given the lack of EMH and fast passes being paid now as there’s not a lot or reason to stay on site anymore.

Ends up being a Marriott 1.4cpp redemption
I'd do it in a heartbeat- staying in that general area is such an upgrade from CBR anyway- but saving money too? yesssss (and I like CBR too)

Hi all!

I'm new to this thread. I have read (skimmed) about the first 20 pages and last 20 of so pages, but just not enough hours of the day to try to read all the pages in between! :hyper:

I had to keep a tab open to the first page to refer back to in order to keep track of all the abbreviations, which helped a LOT. :scratchin There are still some that I had to guess. Is FNC = free night credit?

I took advantage of the 100K bonus for opening the CSP at the end of July 2021. I signed up in person at a Chase bank because they waived the first year's AF if you do so. I did not get instantly approved because I forgot I had placed a credit alert on my credit reports. I had to call and speak with someone for them to verify my identity. I had 2 existing personal Chase cards - Disney and Amazon. They shifted some of my CL from those older cards to my CSP for me.

Completed my MSR in August and got my SUB when my statement hit on 9/10/21.

So, now I'm researching the best way to use my URs and how to potentially get more.

Here's my question:

I have 2 Chase Business INK Unlimited for 2 different companies. I am a partner in one company (partnership) and the VP in the other (C-Corp). I believe they were both opened under my name (I applied & opened them) but with the entities' Tax ID numbers and not my SS number. They were both opened in 2019 or early 2020 (can't remember off the top of my head). I keep all my businesses and personal banking stuff separate. So, each business has it's own log in different from my personal log in.

I redeemed the SUB and accumulated UR on one of the cards (partnership one) for cash already. But I still have 60k+ UR in the C-Corp card. Is it possible to transfer the 60+ UR from my business (C-Corp) CIU to my personal CSP? Googling does not help me because they are not linked online like how all the tutorials are assuming they are and instructing how to do in that case. :rolleyes1

I read some posts here about sending a SM through the Chase portal but not sure if it is applicable in my case

Would combining points work if the business card uses a different tax ID than my SS #, even though I am the owner of the company? Just wanted to see if I should bother trying. And if it IS possible, I assume I should send an SM from my Chase Business Account portal that I want to transfer the URs from? What do I write in my SM? I want to transfer x UR points from my Company XYZ Chase card # to my personal SleeyatDVC Chase card #? I think the SM is sent from the Chase banking side and not the UR website?

Is SM better than calling on the phone?

Thanks for any help in the matter.

Chase will automatically refund it if the negative balance is there for 6 months. Before then you can request the refund at anytime.

If you close a Chase card with a negative balance they will refund the balance in 1 month.

And not that you care now, but for posterity, Discover sends the check in about 5 months.

Rethinking my reluctance for another big MSR. Spent another $600 today with no MSR. :sad: I did use AMEX BCP to buy a $300 Amazon gift card and put the other $300 on Citi Premier offering 5x at home improvement, but obviously a SUB is better. With house stuff & Christmas approaching...

Remind me, if I SM to reduce CL on Chase Biz card, can I apply for a new one as soon as it's complete? Or should I wait?

Rethinking my reluctance for another big MSR. Spent another $600 today with no MSR. :sad: I did use AMEX BCP to buy a $300 Amazon gift card and put the other $300 on Citi Premier offering 5x at home improvement, but obviously a SUB is better. With house stuff & Christmas approaching...

Remind me, if I SM to reduce CL on Chase Biz card, can I apply for a new one as soon as it's complete? Or should I wait?

I'm not sure how long you need to wait, but just wanted to mention that you might want to leave enough CL on the biz card(s) in case you get a low CL on the new card and need to move some over.

I lowered my credit limits the day before applying.

Chase will automatically refund it if the negative balance is there for 6 months. Before then you can request the refund at anytime.

If you close a Chase card with a negative balance they will refund the balance in 1 month.

And not that you care now, but for posterity, Discover sends the check in about 5 months.

And Amex is at the end of the third statement after the negative balance statement. :) Been getting lots of small checks from them lately lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter