I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cash out every UR I can as quickly as I can. Since they are easy to replenish, I'll just earn more tomorrow (or within the next 90 days)! LOL!
Well replenishment is the same as it's ever been... if you're under 5/24, the INK is barely dry before new cards are in my mailbox... 🤣

Cash Out is more complex... but a ton of things. Every restaurant and grocery purchase on CSR. Buy Gift cards at grocery stores - Disney GCs when that trip comes up. Some Gift Card arbitrage when opportunities present themselves.
bridgerton-rege-jean-page.gif

Hello. Newish here. I've looked around some. But many of the acronyms confuse me. Is there a credit cards for dummies list? lol We usually fly with SW, so would the SW chase be my best bet for airline points? From what I can tell I think it is, but maybe I'm missing something. Hubs has the Hilton Amex so we are covered for hotel stuff for prob the next 5 years lol. I think we have 1.5 mil points there. I already have a disney chase and the freedom unlimited, both of which I've had more than 2 years. What are some of the other good cards I should be looking at? We don't have a gas station near by to make the Krogers offers for 4x fuel points and stuff worth it as far as buying DGC there.
I've been watching this Gif an embarrassingly long time now...

Well replenishment is the same as it's ever been... if you're under 5/24, the INK is barely dry before new cards are in my mailbox... 🤣

Cash Out is more complex... but a ton of things. Every restaurant and grocery purchase on CSR. Buy Gift cards at grocery stores - Disney GCs when that trip comes up. Some Gift Card arbitrage when opportunities present themselves.
What is your strategy for getting rid of the previous INK in your portfolio? Also, what CL do you leave on them? I don't know if I should leave any extra CL on a old biz card before applying for the next one. When DH got his last card, he was only given a 3K CL which would have made it difficult to meet the MSR.

I'm looking at a Hyatt property - The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe VT - and trying to figure out how to get the best bang for my buck (or point).
We are a family of 5 (kids 13, 12, 10) so we'd technically need a 2-bedroom suite or two rooms. Unless we want to sneak one of them into a regular room - which we might. Still undecided on when to go (either December or February) But if we go with the 2-bedroom suite for three nights in February the cash price is $1,149/night or 60,000 points/night.
I don't have a Hyatt card, but I just got a CIC this week and I'm hoping to go for a SW CP at the end of the year, so probably can't get a new card for this potential trip. I do have about 500,000 URs, that I'm kind of hoarding. If I transfer from my CSR to Hyatt, it'd be 180,000 URs right? Then will I have to pay the taxes and fees on top of that?

My home equity/refi loan was approved! Yay, now I can apply for a new Chase Ink card. Do y'all think I should wait till after the loan closes? I don't think the bank will be checking our credit again before closing. I am thinking there will be less "new stuff" on my credit report if I go ahead and apply now.

Chase doesn't report business cards to your personal credit. So, the only thing that will show up is the new hard pull. I don't think an underwriter would be that concerned about a new hard pull, but you could always explain it if necessary. I started applying for new business credit cards after my mortgage was approved, but before closing and never had a problem.

My home equity/refi loan was approved! Yay, now I can apply for a new Chase Ink card. Do y'all think I should wait till after the loan closes? I don't think the bank will be checking our credit again before closing. I am thinking there will be less "new stuff" on my credit report if I go ahead and apply now.
I'm not sure about HELOC's but we do keep getting credit updates, up until the day of closing, so if a client applies for a new card, we know about it and have to get the information.

Hello. Newish here. I've looked around some. But many of the acronyms confuse me. Is there a credit cards for dummies list? lol We usually fly with SW, so would the SW chase be my best bet for airline points? From what I can tell I think it is, but maybe I'm missing something. Hubs has the Hilton Amex so we are covered for hotel stuff for prob the next 5 years lol. I think we have 1.5 mil points there. I already have a disney chase and the freedom unlimited, both of which I've had more than 2 years. What are some of the other good cards I should be looking at? We don't have a gas station near by to make the Krogers offers for 4x fuel points and stuff worth it as far as buying DGC there.

Just a drive by, but the first several posts on the first page here have basic info including a glossary of acronyms -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3821593/post-62563668
Perhaps that might help a bit to start.

I'm looking at a Hyatt property - The Lodge at Spruce Peak in Stowe VT - and trying to figure out how to get the best bang for my buck (or point).
We are a family of 5 (kids 13, 12, 10) so we'd technically need a 2-bedroom suite or two rooms. Unless we want to sneak one of them into a regular room - which we might. Still undecided on when to go (either December or February) But if we go with the 2-bedroom suite for three nights in February the cash price is $1,149/night or 60,000 points/night.
I don't have a Hyatt card, but I just got a CIC this week and I'm hoping to go for a SW CP at the end of the year, so probably can't get a new card for this potential trip. I do have about 500,000 URs, that I'm kind of hoarding. If I transfer from my CSR to Hyatt, it'd be 180,000 URs right? Then will I have to pay the taxes and fees on top of that?
Yes, you'll need to transfer 180,000 URs and Hyatt doesn't charge any taxes or fees on point reservations.

When you book Hyatt using points, you do not pay taxes or resort fees. So booking using points is definitely your best option. You can transfer directly from the CSP to Hyatt. Easy peasy!

What is your strategy for getting rid of the previous INK in your portfolio? Also, what CL do you leave on them? I don't know if I should leave any extra CL on a old biz card before applying for the next one. When DH got his last card, he was only given a 3K CL which would have made it difficult to meet the MSR.
Not SFF but I would leave enough on other cards so that you can meet the MSR (so $3-4k) and then you reduce all others to $500 or $1k. But it really depends on how you playing. If you are buying no fee VGCs at Staples on the CIC that might a factor. SFF might be ok just spreading the spend out over 3 months and not holding Extra funds to move around.

Last edited:
Chase Sapphire Preferred would be a very good place to start. With that card you can transfer points from it and your Freedom Unlimited directly to SW if you wanted to. I feel the only reason to have the Chase SW cards is if you are going to go for a companion pass, if not a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve and the Freedom cards is a much better choice.

I keep them for a year, then cancel if they are no longer needed. Move CL around as necessary between cards... can be done via SM or by calling.

FYI - Freedom Categories for Q4 if this hasn't been discussed yet: Walmart and Paypal

I was hoping for something I'd actually use!

No offense to those who do Walmart, but I can't stand the local store. It's been open near me for just under 20 years and my son worked there for a short bit in high school.

I can count on two hands the number of times I've gone in there.

Online has worked for a couple of items. Overall, very small amount of spend for them.

Also don't do Paypal. I guess I'm just old and not into some things. I don't trust Paypal. Never have. Started to sign up when they first appeared and they wanted access to my bank account, so hard no. Probably changed but I got turned off.

Me too!! I have no idea what connection @Lain was making and didn't get it other than savoring every last bite (of UR) but whatever.

Check out the Chase Sapphire Preferred. It's got a sign up bonus of 100,000 points right now - Ultimate Rewards from Chase. They have lots of good uses but one is they can be transferred to airlines including Southwest. The SW cards have low bonuses right now, so best to wait until they go higher.

This is just one option. You can join the reddit private group and read about another strategy over there that gets you a double dip. Just ask and a couple of the moderators are on here. It has some good info, and is just us not the wild ones.

Gotta go give my cat a bath, so good luck!

Also don't do Paypal. I guess I'm just old and not into some things. I don't trust Paypal. Never have. Started to sign up when they first appeared and they wanted access to my bank account, so hard no. Probably changed but I got turned off.
I don't have Paypal either except I think I am going to start using it. I understand there is such thing as a paypal key where you designate a certain card and then everywhere you use that card, it codes as Paypal. Is that still a thing?

Me too!! I have no idea what connection @Lain was making and didn't get it other than savoring every last bite (of UR) but whatever.

Check out the Chase Sapphire Preferred. It's got a sign up bonus of 100,000 points right now - Ultimate Rewards from Chase. They have lots of good uses but one is they can be transferred to airlines including Southwest. The SW cards have low bonuses right now, so best to wait until they go higher.

This is just one option. You can join the reddit private group and read about another strategy over there that gets you a double dip. Just ask and a couple of the moderators are on here. It has some good info, and is just us not the wild ones.

Gotta go give my cat a bath, so good luck!
Oh, I totally didn't get the connection. But a connection was unnecessary for me lol. Bridgerton... The Duke... The things I'd let... Nvm. These are FB thoughts. Not good, clean Disboards thoughts.

I'll check out reddit. thanks.

I don't have Paypal either except I think I am going to start using it. I understand there is such thing as a paypal key where you designate a certain card and then everywhere you use that card, it codes as Paypal. Is that still a thing?
It is. I use Paypal mostly when buying things online from unknown sellers bc then my cc info isn't out there. Also there have been some good deals lately when using Paypal.

Yep, I've been using PPK after learning about it here to use my CIC (5%) for my Verizon Wireless bill and KEEP the autopay discount. So far so good!
It is. I use Paypal mostly when buying things online from unknown sellers bc then my cc info isn't out there. Also there have been some good deals lately when using Paypal.
I use Paypal SO much these days, especially since Discover has that as their 5% category this quarter. Almost every store I shop at online has the option to use Paypal instead. Then of course, I tend to use it for everything because I can place an order for something on my phone just using my Paypal login instead of going to run and get my credit card out of my purse, lol. Convenience.

Speaking of PayPal Key, has anyone used it for their car insurance? Specifically, I have Allstate. They also require a debit/checking account to keep the autopay discount. Wondering if I can change to PPK in this instance... anyone with experience, love to know your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter