I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was because we were able to get so much done, and there’s not a lot of “fluff” (shows, characters, parades, etc.) to suck up time like normally.

We would get to the parks ~50 minutes before they officially opened, and we were able to fly through everything we wanted to do in a few hours. Once it hit mid-day, crowds (and heat) were too much, so we’d take a short hotel break and wait until park hopping was allowed at 2.

I honestly just think you’ll run out of things to do, especially at a park like Epcot? We love Epcot, but I would have found it frustrating to be there for a full day (vs being able to pop in and out at their convenience via the Skyliner and enjoy a ride or snack or two).
Food and Wine Festival starts at EPCOT July 15, so that will be part of time at EPCOT. Otherwise, I'm not sure what's open/closed at all the parks. We will be there in August, so I'm anticipating crowds AND heat 🥵. I will miss starting and ending at Epcot since we would often walk through France and grab some breakfast on the way to another park, then grab dessert at the end of the night too. The midday break has never been part of our plans but we've not gone in August before so it might become part.

Any chance a $300 AA charge will trigger AmexAspire airline credit? It only works for charges under $100?

Does anyone have a recommendation on which card is best to use that extends the manufacturer warranty? I am going to be buying a laptop for my son at Best Buy. I have a Best Buy card I was going to use for the 5% back until I realized it doesn’t have extended warranty with the card. Wasn’t sure if Amex was better to use. For some reason I felt they were good to deal with if there was an issue that came up.

We use the Costco Citibank for 2 extra years of extended warranty. Luckily, haven't had to use it, so I don't know how easy they are to deal with. I have heard that Amex is easy, but it would only be 1 year.

Okay, one other question--Swan vs. Pop? I know Pop has Skyliner and Swan is walkable to Epcot/MGM (is that what it's called?) But no magical express for swan and you have to pay for magic bands?

Okay, one other question--Swan vs. Pop? I know Pop has Skyliner and Swan is walkable to Epcot/MGM (is that what it's called?) But no magical express for swan and you have to pay for magic bands?
I believe everyone has to pay for magic bands now. We were just there in June and even the plain color ones cost extra. If you plan to be at Epcot/HS and want to be there early I’d do swan. The skyliner from pop will take you through CBR first and you’ll have to get off and into another line behind anyone already waiting there.

We’re booked at AoA for September and we don’t plan to use the skyliner for rope drop. We’ll be doing Epcot but driving our own car

I believe everyone has to pay for magic bands now. We were just there in June and even the plain color ones cost extra. If you plan to be at Epcot/HS and want to be there early I’d do swan. The skyliner from pop will take you through CBR first and you’ll have to get off and into another line behind anyone already waiting there.

We’re booked at AoA for September and we don’t plan to use the skyliner for rope drop. We’ll be doing Epcot but driving our own car
So Magical Express would be the main drawback to staying at Swan vs. Pop.

Having dd try to organize this is scary (because she's 17). And the three friends are not very organized (they're very smart kids--just procrastinators).

Quick question for people more knowledgeable about United’s mileage program than me. My boss wants to fly her and another person to Seattle RT in First in early August. If I’m not seeing any First Saver award availability around that time, she’ll have to pay the extra miles for an Everyday award, right? The Saver fares were probably all booked up a while ago? She’s shocked that anyone plans travel that far in advance.

Quick question, not so quick answer.

The short of it is, yes, if your boss wants to fly First on miles with UA and there are no Saver awards available, then she’ll need to pay the higher Everyday award fare.

The upside is, it’s possible UA may release more First Saver award availability closer to departure but it’s not a certainty. If your boss booked her flights on UA metal using UA miles, and Saver awards later become available, she can cancel her original booking and have the miles redeposited (and taxes/fees refunded) with no redeposit fee if she cancels more than 30 days prior to departure. The miles are redeposited immediately and become available to use to book the Saver awards. For awards canceled within 30 days, there is a $125 redeposit fee.

It used to be that UA would release Saver awards when they opened their schedule, some 330 days out. That’s no longer the case. There may be some Saver awards released at schedule open or a few weeks later, but UA could also wait to see how the flight is selling. So it’s not necessarily the case that First Saver awards were booked up a while ago. They may not have ever been released. If sales are lagging, UA may release some more award seats, especially as they get closer to departure. If sales are good and they think they can sell the seats, the chances of releasing more award inventory is lower. Unfortunately, there’s no telling if/when UA will release more award inventory. You can check frequently, or sign up for alerts through services like ExpertFlyer or SeatSpy.

Good luck!

We use the Costco Citibank for 2 extra years of extended warranty. Luckily, haven't had to use it, so I don't know how easy they are to deal with. I have heard that Amex is easy, but it would only be 1 year.
Thanks, I don't have that one. I do have another citibank card which is actually my oldest credit card. I was thinking about using my new CIC just to help meet the SUB. But I have no idea how chase is to deal with for warranties if I ever needed to.

So Magical Express would be the main drawback to staying at Swan vs. Pop.

Having dd try to organize this is scary (because she's 17). And the three friends are not very organized (they're very smart kids--just procrastinators).
I’m not a huge help because we drive but that would definitely be a downside. I’m not sure how easy it is right now to get an Uber or Lyft from the airport. I’m guessing it’s pretty expensive too.

CSR lyft pink membership. I got an email that it expires in 10 days amd that if I want to keep it I need to join. But the * says you get 1 complimentary but need to enroll by March 2022.

Was this a one time thing? I can't remember. Also if given thr option to enroll later don't know why I'd have done it during a pandemic. If it expires in june that means it had to of started june last year right?
I'm with you, so confused.

Here's the original from 1/16/20

Then this was 10/23/20

So I guess it was only ever intended to be 12 months, then the added 5. I guess the Door Dash promo is the same and will be ending as well? I did use the Lyft promo in Jan 20 when we went to WDW so I did get something from it.

ETA: Do we need to click to cancel somewhere, will this auto-renew?

I'm with you, so confused.

Here's the original from 1/16/20
View attachment 579319

Then this was 10/23/20
View attachment 579320

So I guess it was only ever intended to be 12 months, then the added 5. I guess the Door Dash promo is the same and will be ending as well? I did use the Lyft promo in Jan 20 when we went to WDW so I did get something from it.

ETA: Do we need to click to cancel somewhere, will this auto-renew?

Ok that makes more sense. I used it at dlr in March. Today's email didn't make it seem like there's anything to do unless you want to join.

And doordash, the $60 credit is good til the end of the year right? I haven't used any yet.

Question on transferring MR to Hilton and / or Marriott. I'm looking at two hotels. The Hilton requires 160,000 points total for our nights and the Marriott is 80,000 points. With the transfer bonus going on right now, I'm thinking they are about the same cost in MR points, correct?

160,000 Hilton divided by 2.8 = 57,143 MR points
80,000 Marriott points divided by 1.4 = 57,143 MR points

I already have some Marriott points, so I would have to transfer fewer points for our stay, but to me, it looks like they are basically the same "MR" cost. I've never transferred from AmEx before though, so I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

Your math looks correct to me. Transferring from Amex is really straight-forward, so you should be all set.

One thing to keep in mind is that if there are any resort fees, Hilton waives them on points only bookings. Marriott does not.

I just Google "amex airline credit aa flyertalk" (or whichever airline you want). Read the first pinned post, then start from the last post and work my way up.
Thanks. Seems like really 'nothing' is the answer. Or at least nothing I can use. Have already used for taxes and EBCI for SW. No other flight this year, although booking AA flight for next year will incur fees which it seems are not covered. I'll be downgrading my Aspire next month since I'm getting little use from it.

Thanks, I don't have that one. I do have another citibank card which is actually my oldest credit card. I was thinking about using my new CIC just to help meet the SUB. But I have no idea how chase is to deal with for warranties if I ever needed to.

We had to use the Visa warranty on a range about 6 months ago. It died 14 months after purchase on our CSR. DH handled it all but seemed pretty straightforward. We bought and installed a different one (very limited availability during pandemic) then they sent us a check for the full cost of the original one. We were worried bc we had pc'ed CSR to CSP a few months earlier, but it wasn't an issue at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter