I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drop under 5/24 1/13/2022. I am considering the Venture X. But I also may want to get in a Chase biz app first before the Venture X, as I won't get back under 5/24 until 10/2022.

Has anyone seen anything concrete about when the 100k bonus is going away? It's a 10k MSR/6 mos, correct?
I also thought I saw some DPs that if I drop under 5/24 on 1/13/2022 that it may be as early as Jan 1?

I really need to do an end of year check of all my cc perks to make sure I get them all. Trying to find an hour to sit with DH and do it.

I just got an e-mail from Chase that I have been approved for a new cc (Aeroplan). The e-mail says it will arrive in 3-5 days. Thankfully dh is in Florida next week and can bring home with him, which will be just in time for me to pay dd's tuition. What a fiasco -- lesson learned -- never input the wrong SSN on a cc application :scared: .

I'm sometimes a terrible points junkie - I haven't used the $200 travel credit on P1 or P2's AmEx Plat cards. For people who have been using two credits, do you just book them separately and then call to link the reservations?

I'm hoping to just take a weekend trip somewhere. Are there any good suggestions. I was looking at Vegas and found a couple places that have rooms around $260-$270 a night which didn't seem bad considering the $200 credit, for a nice hotel with breakfast included. I wasn't even sure where else to look that the hotels wouldn't be super high. I'd imagine it also somewhat depends on time of year which we'd be very flexible on. I need to hunt around a bit more today and then get something booked!
We used it at Amara Cay in the Middle Keys in September (off season) and the cost was $279 minus $200. Grounds were beautiful and it was really relaxing on the water. The rooms were ok but we love the keys and it was a perfect getaway.

Another dp for United credit: purchased $250 travel bank credit on Monday with my AmEx plat and the $200 airline credit posted yesterday. I will use credit on biz and personal plats on Jan 1st before this method goes away. Great option since I haven't been able to use the credits any other way.

Same here. Can't find another good way to use it. My dilemma is this - do we do it all in one day? Or spread it out to check if it works and then find out they nixed the deal halfway before we are all done? It's hard when you have multiple credits to find a use for.

Same here. Can't find another good way to use it. My dilemma is this - do we do it all in one day? Or spread it out to check if it works and then find out they nixed the deal halfway before we are all done? It's hard when you have multiple credits to find a use for.

I prefer to do them one at a time. Wait for it to credit before I move on to the next one. Yes, it sucks when it stops working halfway through (been there, done that). But it would be worse if I did all of them at once and then found out it stopped working.

I prefer to do them one at a time. Wait for it to credit before I move on to the next one. Yes, it sucks when it stops working halfway through (been there, done that). But it would be worse if I did all of them at once and then found out it stopped working.

Thanks. I was thinking the same. It's also to lose if it doesn't work out. We were lucky in 2021 and they did credit.

Catching up on several weeks of posts. All this talk of the Bosch dishwashers peaked my interest since we have a dishwasher that randomly doesn't wash the dishes. I was checking on Best Buy last week and they had some of the Bosch 800 series in stock. Ordered one and it is being installed tomorrow! So excited, but wish it could have been here last week.

On the car front, we know several people that have had accidents in the last six months or so and they received more from the insurance company than they paid for the cars. Luckily no injuries, but it is indeed crazy times.

Anyone have Delta vacation credits still lingering? We have credits that expire 12/31/2021 and I wonder if they have been extended. We haven't gotten an email but I will call tomorrow. We are hoping to travel overseas next year, but who knows with these variants.

Supposedly headed to Orlando on Saturday. We have 3 nights booked, but I have been hesitant to book park reservations. Since MK and DHS are at capacity, we may just hang out at the resorts and try to avoid crowds. We have thought about going to Epcot on Monday since they have the after hours for DVC resorts, but haven't decided yet.

There’s no where like home! While we had a terrific time in PR and the cruise, we all agreed 11 days was too much. My poor mom and sister, I Facetimed them multiple times so I could see Puggles. Hopefully he is ready to come home tomorrow.

We were talking to our taxi driver on the way to the airport and had mentioned our cruise and he said things are about to get very slow again and PR is halting cruises from their ports beginning on Sun. When will this nightmare end.

Here are a couple of tools from r/churning people have created to help find some of the lower cost hotels. I think you're referring to the FHR credit, right? I think there are two links in this one thread you might find useful.

Thanks - that's a neat spreadsheet on reddit, very useful!

We used it at Amara Cay in the Middle Keys in September (off season) and the cost was $279 minus $200. Grounds were beautiful and it was really relaxing on the water. The rooms were ok but we love the keys and it was a perfect getaway.

We love the Keys too - I will definitely check that one out!

I really need to do an end of year check of all my cc perks to make sure I get them all. Trying to find an hour to sit with DH and do it.
Don't forget the Chase $10 GoPuff credits for each card. Buy a gift card for each and you can get something of value after a few months. I keep forgetting to do it... should probably set a calendar reminder...

Don't forget the Chase $10 GoPuff credits for each card. Buy a gift card for each and you can get something of value after a few months. I keep forgetting to do it... should probably set a calendar reminder...

Can you buy the digital gift cards online with the credit?

I drop under 5/24 1/13/2022. I am considering the Venture X. But I also may want to get in a Chase biz app first before the Venture X, as I won't get back under 5/24 until 10/2022.

Has anyone seen anything concrete about when the 100k bonus is going away? It's a 10k MSR/6 mos, correct?
I also thought I saw some DPs that if I drop under 5/24 on 1/13/2022 that it may be as early as Jan 1?
So far I have seen 2 dates of when this limited offer ends. The first one was 12/7/2021, so I applied on 12/6 and got instant approval with a $30,000 credit limit which is obscene to me. Now the link from my Cap One app as of this morning is showing 1/11/2022. I attached a photo. I’ve been in Europe these last 2 months and was able to activate and use my card (DH sent me the info) and I’ve already used my $200 Airbnb credit), and booked lots of train travel using the card. And yes, it’s a $10,000 MSR over 6 months.

Attachments

• 817BBAEB-9688-490F-B3D3-8E42548B55FE.png
    817BBAEB-9688-490F-B3D3-8E42548B55FE.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter