I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sapphire Preferred has PYB categories for grocery stores, home improvement stores and dining establishments, including take-out and delivery services. Your Freedom cards have charities.
Thanks! I went back and looked again and realize where I went wrong. I downgraded my reserve to a freedom card not a preferred, my 3rd card is a slate 😭 Maybe i have too may CC's if I cant keep them straight. Thanks again for your help.

Hi everyone. I haven’t posted in a while, but have been following along. I have decided right now I am going to be very slow at this game. I’m still working on my Hyatt card sign up bonus.

I would also love to hear of some great Hyatt properties to stay at in the US. I can’t offer too many suggestions. We have been to the Hyatt Grand Cypress and also Clearwater recently. We really enjoyed both properties. We also stayed at the Grand Hyatt in San Diego a few years ago and really liked that. Other than that we have just stayed at a Hyatt Place in Columbia, SC many times when we go to see my MIL. I don’t think anyone would be too interested in that location. It has been great for us for the 5000 points. 😊

not a hyatt snob but i have friends who are.

Hyatt Ziva/Zilara Cap Cana - rather new resort, have a couple friends who went and really love it. for food wise, its the best of all ziva/zilara. most of the other properties ive heard are great!
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach - have a lot of friends stay here for the water slides and the close access to the beach. they are all globalist though so free parking is big there.
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells - WATER SLIDE...
Hyatt Regency Hill Country - WATER SLIDE and LAZY RIVER!
Ventana Big Sur - this is Alila property that is partnered with Hyatt. great place for couples.
Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa - its a nice place!

there are some others u can consider... ie Park City, UT... Scottsdale, AZ...

Ventana Big Sur - this is Alila property that is partnered with Hyatt. great place for couples.

I'd be careful with this one due to Highway 1 nearby being out. I don't know where that falls in the area, but you want to make sure you know how you need to get there before buying flights etc. Plus if you wanted to do it with other stuff along the coast that would play into it. This says they hope it'll be open by early summer, which is much sooner than I expected when I saw the pictures after it happened.

Made it to Maui and it’s so gorgeous today it was definitely worth the testing hassle. Southwest was doing preclearance in OAK so that really helped when we landed compared to our last trip in November. Rental cars have been pretty much cleared out for weeks so we are hoofing it this trip. Thanks to the Southwest change window and companion pass the three of us are here for $400 all paid for with Amex travel credits. Crazy! I was worried about Spring Break crowds but it’s blissfully deserted at the Ho’olei. I’ll head down to the Grand Wailea tomorrow to check out the madness :) Aloha!
7042F4AD-FAD7-475A-9B3F-5086BA3B4956.jpeg

I’m starting to hear several reports of this. Do you have a SW credit card? Google tells me it may be limited to SW credit card holders. Debating if it’s worth a DM to SW to plead for it....
I got the offer and do not currently have any SW cards.
I have my flight home on SW on Monday, so can’t wait to see if it works.
I also, literally 4 days ago, paid $250 for early bird check-in for me and my family for to and from MCO in mid-April. Would have been nice if this offer had come before I did that.

I got the offer and do not currently have any SW cards.
I have my flight home on SW on Monday, so can’t wait to see if it works.
I also, literally 4 days ago, paid $250 for early bird check-in for me and my family for to and from MCO in mid-April. Would have been nice if this offer had come before I did that.

Please let us know how it goes. I got it too and DH and I are flying the weekend of April 9th.

I’m starting to hear several reports of this. Do you have a SW credit card? Google tells me it may be limited to SW credit card holders. Debating if it’s worth a DM to SW to plead for it....
Yes we have SW credit cards...the offer is unfortunately only to select RR accounts my DH and I received it while our son, daughter and SIL did not....they all have SW credit cards too

Last edited:
This is way off topic but do any of you know if Publix will make and decorate dairy free cakes?

To be on topic, my CSR and CSP hit one year. Planning to keep the CSR and pc the CSP to either a CFU or CF. Haven’t decided which yet

This is way off topic but do any of you know if Publix will make and decorate dairy free cakes?

To be on topic, my CSR and CSP hit one year. Planning to keep the CSR and pc the CSP to either a CFU or CF. Haven’t decided which yet

I'm not sure but my friend whose kids have egg, dairy, and peanut allergies uses Whole Foods for bakery needs.

It seems like Green Wise locations have vegan cakes but most Publixes don't.

Guys, I have a confession to make. Please don’t laugh but I have not been on a plane for > 20 years. DD flew a few times in college but the college made her travel arrangements. Now I am considering flying somewhere this summer with the fam but I am clueless about getting started making reservations. I have routinely glossed over flight related messages on this board thinking it didn’t apply to me, lol. Also, unless I can earn airline points in a hurry, looks like I will have to pay cash. I am used to booking cancellable, fully refundable hotels and car rentals but it seems like refundable is not a thing for flights? Will I have to fully commit to a flight at the time I book it? Or, at least, fully commit to spending that same amount of money (i.e., possibly get an airline credit)? I feel so dumb on this subject. So far, I have done searches on google flights and SW and gotten overwhelmed. It makes me want to give up and drive, or just not go at all. I will greatly appreciate any advice I can get!!

I'm not sure but my friend whose kids have egg, dairy, and peanut allergies uses Whole Foods for bakery needs.

It seems like Green Wise locations have vegan cakes but most Publixes don't.
Thanks. We don’t have a Whole Foods or green wise near us. I might have to just call our Publix and ask them. I might call target too

Guys, I have a confession to make. Please don’t laugh but I have not been on a plane for > 20 years. DD flew a few times in college but the college made her travel arrangements. Now I am considering flying somewhere this summer with the fam but I am clueless about getting started making reservations. I have routinely glossed over flight related messages on this board thinking it didn’t apply to me, lol. Also, unless I can earn airline points in a hurry, looks like I will have to pay cash. I am used to booking cancellable, fully refundable hotels and car rentals but it seems like refundable is not a thing for flights? Will I have to fully commit to a flight at the time I book it? Or, at least, fully commit to spending that same amount of money (i.e., possibly get an airline credit)? I feel so dumb on this subject. So far, I have done searches on google flights and SW and gotten overwhelmed. It makes me want to give up and drive, or just not go at all. I will greatly appreciate any advice I can get!!
Take a deep breath, you'll be fine! :) Let's start with this - do you know what airports you'd be flying in and out of? That would help you narrow down the choice of airlines.

Right now , most of the major airlines are waiving any change or cancellation fees for tickets that are purchased by the end of the month (so through Wednesday). If you had to change or cancel you wouldn't get a refund, but you would be able to use the value of the fares at another time. (FYI, this is Southwest's policy all the time, not just during the pandemic, which is why so many people like flying with them. That and the fact that Southwest does not charge for checked baggage.)

Here is a link to all of the current change/cancellation policies currently in effect:
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/airline-coronavirus-change-and-cancellation-policies-a-complete-list/
Hope this helps a bit!

First you can check to see which airlines have flights from your locale to your destination. Google can help with that or you can check the individual airlines. Southwest seems the easiest, to me, for cancellations and rebooking but that does you no good if they don't fly where you want. Check out your available airlines and then post here, someone will help. No worries.

Yes, you need to commit the cash up front, no you won’t see it again. C’est la vie. Airlines are very generous compared to the past in that many are allowing free changes where you pay the price difference or get a voucher good for 1 year or something like that. Check the airline’s website for current policies as they are each different.

Watch out for basic economy. The change benefits are getting stripped from those as normal life resumes. Depending on the airline BE will be no changes, can’t pick seat, no carry-on- basically lots of restrictions. As a non experienced traveler, avoid unless really need to save money.

If Google flights tries to get you to book 2 seperate tickets somewhere to save money DO NOT DO THAT. When you see a flight go straight to the airline’s website, search it up and book from there. That way you are assured it’s all under one ticket. Multiple segments even on partner airlines are fine on one ticket from the airline, the airline will protect you if you miss your connection and get you on the next available flight and transfer your bags. If not flying SW bags cost $30-$35/bag one-way (gotta pay it on your way there and again on your way home).

Make a frequent flier account when you book, it will make managing your flight easier. They are free.

If you have q’s about specific airlines, airports, whatever ask away! As you said lots of flying knowledge here to help.

Oh! Points, etc. you sound too late for that, points generally take time to plan out. Airline points lock you into having to use one airline and by the time you have the points prices could have skyrocketed on you if looking close in. The Amex airline credit is for checked bag fees, seat upgrades, pet fees, etc. not booking airline flights.

Does Chase PYB go through the end of April for purchases through Apr 30th? I've been using PYB for a June UOR stay we booked using the PH rate and I still have some UR's left and wanted to make sure I shouldn't go ahead and buy a giftcard at the grocery store before the end of March to finish up my UR's. Thanks!

Does Chase PYB go through the end of April for purchases through Apr 30th? I've been using PYB for a June UOR stay we booked using the PH rate and I still have some UR's left and wanted to make sure I shouldn't go ahead and buy a giftcard at the grocery store before the end of March to finish up my UR's. Thanks!
Yup, you have until 4/30 to use PYB for the current promotion. Rumor that it will continue but with different categories

It’s unclear whether you can PYB charges made before 4/30, after 4/30. I’m planning to make sure my last PYB purchase is done on 4/27 so it will show up on 4/29 and I can erase it before the deadline.

I didn't know there were places without Whole Foods!

I highly reommend you find a good local vegan bakery.

I'm 15ish miles from dt seattle and would have to drive 30 min to bellevue to go to a whole foods. They aren't all over. More trader joes around here. Though we do also have PCC which is similar but for that I'd have to go into the city. I don't think any of them find those south of seattle would want to shop for healthy expensive food. But like I've said before, we are so grocery store deprived out here it's ridic. One of the things I do miss about NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter