I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-...hases-permanent-change-0-authorized-user-fee/
I would love this to be true!

I know the US Bank Altitude Reserve doesn’t get much love at it’s a bit niche to acquire- need a low x/24 + relationship with US Bank (if you live within their branch footprint and want a relationship start one up under their next checking account bonus, that’s how I got it. 6 months after my account opened I got an AR). This is one card I’m eternally grateful I used a 5/24 slot on years ago. I abide by the no giftcard purchases suggestion (US Bank has shut people down for that and 0% get reinstated once shutdown, even people with over $100k on deposit with them don’t get reinstated 😬). 3% back on mobile wallet purchases + real time rewards + fairly generous retention offers (5k-15k points no spend offers) + my safety premier travel card if the worst happens and Amex and chase shut me down someday = keeper!

(There are no support links, I just like the card 😆)
Still thinking of getting this card for P2. We’ve been churning for almost 3 years now, but his velocity has been fairly slow. He’s at 2/24 currently and has had 4 biz cards in the last two years. I’m wondering if that is low enough activity for USBank. We’ve had a cash account there for a year and a half now and they have sent him offers for cc’s in the mail before. Not me though (I feel left out :jester: ).

Trying to make sure I understand PYB, transactions need to both post and be redeemed by April 30th, correct? If so, that's going to significantly change how I think about the CSP/CSR. Right now the SUBs have the most value to us with the 1.5x cash out, and it looks like both statements will close by April 1, so we'll only have one billing cycle to hit MSR.
Yes - that is our current understanding of how this will work. If you read my comment from a couple weeks ago (and the DoC article I subsequently linked here on Sunday), it seems that when these categories change on May 1st, your ability to redeem against any previously eligible charges will go away. The “days left to redeem” on the Chase website are what is giving us that indication. New charges are not showing 90 days but rather showing the number of days between now and 4/30.

Those comments are highlighted in the DISchurners news thread if you’d like to see them/need help finding them. Of course, I hope it doesn’t work that way, but for now I’m planning for the worse case scenario and that all of my current PYB work needs to be done by 4/30.

Trying to make sure I understand PYB, transactions need to both post and be redeemed by April 30th, correct? If so, that's going to significantly change how I think about the CSP/CSR. Right now the SUBs have the most value to us with the 1.5x cash out, and it looks like both statements will close by April 1, so we'll only have one billing cycle to hit MSR.
Yes, I think you're right. I logged into my CSR account, and all my grocery PYB purchases have no more than 59 days left for redemption, even the ones from Feb. Good luck with the MSR!

Last edited:
Yes - that is our current understanding of how this will work. If you read my comment from a couple weeks ago (and the DoC article I subsequently linked here on Sunday), it seems that when these categories change on May 1st, your ability to redeem against any previously eligible charges will go away. The “days left to redeem” on the Chase website are what is giving us that indication. New charges are not showing 90 days but rather showing the number of days between now and 4/30.

Those comments are highlighted in the DISchurners news thread if you’d like to see them/need help finding them. Of course, I hope it doesn’t work that way, but for now I’m planning for the worse case scenario and that all of my current PYB work needs to be done by 4/30.

This is good to know, and thank you for pointing the way - I found the relevant discussions. Most concerning is the redemption need to be completed by 4/30. It's entirely possible the new categories, if they even make new categories at all, will not be something as easily usable as groceries and dining.

I can definitely make one MSR this month. Maybe both, but I'll sit down and plan it out. We can pay rent by CC which is super easy, but carries a hefty 3% fee. But the extra 50% from PYB against the SUB more than covers that fee. I'll save that for the end though.

We got this, except I think our offer expired 2/28.

I received a letter or email just this week extending it to March 31. I'd used tap to pay once in Feb and never got out to do it again until yesterday when I did another small transaction at Aldi's. I have to go out to pick up something later so I may stop by Aldi's again as I know their terminal actually works for tap to pay. The 1k points is worth about $6 in general or slightly more if you have a high dollar redemption.

In other news I got an email stating that I had completed the transactions for the HYATT 5000 points and that sooner or later they would get deposited. Yay! @hsmamato2

Yes, I think you're right. I logged into my CSR account, and all my grocery PYB purchases have no more than 59 days left for redemption, even the ones from Feb. Good luck with the MSR!
Tagging @Alexle2007 - saw your earlier response on this, make sure you're watching this issue as you might not get the 90 days on more recent charges. If PYB is something you're looking to do, you might want to cautiously plan to have it all covered by 4/30.

In my continuing computer repair saga, I had to order another part for $16.99. Delivery today sometime before 10pm.

But I'm getting less clumsy with the 17 inch computer. At least I'm not hitting the right side number keys as often instead of 'enter' or 'shift'.

Tagging @Alexle2007 - saw your earlier response on this, make sure you're watching this issue as you might not get the 90 days on more recent charges. If PYB is something you're looking to do, you might want to cautiously plan to have it all covered by 4/30.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw. That really sucks. I have been cashing out some but holding onto a bunch for Hyatt and the still the dream of Australia...

Both my Annual Fees are Due for my Chase Marriott and Chase Marriott Biz..... Not sure if I should keep them open or close them... (I also have the AMEX Marriott Card). All of them get a free night up to 35,000 points.

Only thing I basically use them for is for a room the night before a cruise. (And normally use one for my brother's family too).

Decisions Decisions....

Anyone else get this?

We'll reward you with 1,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points when you use your new contactless card to tap to pay 3 times (minimum $3.50 per transaction) between Dec. 15, 2020 and Mar. 31, 2021.*
Dh and I got it on both our cards. His bonus points posted. I need to check to mine as I finished my card later (new card arrived later). I just used the self check out at Meijer and Target, doing 3 separate check outs. No line so I didn't feel bad about taking longer to check out than normally. Very easy.

Both my Annual Fees are Due for my Chase Marriott and Chase Marriott Biz..... Not sure if I should keep them open or close them... (I also have the AMEX Marriott Card). All of them get a free night up to 35,000 points.

Only thing I basically use them for is for a room the night before a cruise. (And normally use one for my brother's family too).

Decisions Decisions....

As far as I know you can no longer apply for the Chase Marriott Biz card. The personal one can still be churned, or maybe downgraded if you prefer to the free card, although I don't have a reason why anyone would do that.

Good churning Tuesday
- I see support links pending for DH's recent CIC card. He was approved 2/12.
- DH anniversary SW points posted. SMed to close that card.
- Have 1,100 left on DH CIC after taxes and getting the $1000 at staples VGCs yesterday
- Have 1,200 left on my Hyatt but have until June (second tier of MSR left)

I am contemplating the BOA Biz card. It is a mastercard so I could use to pay mortgage. Any concerns using plastiq to meet MSR for that card?

As far as I know you can no longer apply for the Chase Marriott Biz card. The personal one can still be churned, or maybe downgraded if you prefer to the free card, although I don't have a reason why anyone would do that.

I may keep them for another year and see what happens. The room we are using for the cruise is about $150 so getting value out of that and nice to be able to use for my brothers family too - to save them on some costs (as they don't have points....)

Just logged into my AMEX account and my remaining $17 PayPal credit for February FINALLY posted. Let the fun begin for March 🙃

ETA: Guess I should clarify the $17 charges were from the first week of February.
My Paypal is still missing but I did manage to get Wine Insiders to credit the offer without any chat intervention so that's a win. I've used it 3x, the first 2 didn't post but I chatted with Wine Insiders and they gave me a $30 refund which doesn't count against my 3x Amex Offers. I think I'm going to give everyone wine for their birthdays.

In other news I got an email stating that I had completed the transactions for the HYATT 5000 points and that sooner or later they would get deposited.

I've got my last 3 still pending and no email ... wondering if I'll get the credit for them.🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter