I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I accidentally made a personal purchase on my business card. (I booked flights). I own the business so it's not like it would be a big deal with the company. But is that going to be an issue with Chase or anything? I'm going to pay the company back from my personal account. But I've heard some people have run into issues with this before. Help!
No, you should be fine with Chase. Most of us are putting personal expenses on biz cards with no issues.

What strategy did you use to get out of pop up jail?

I made sure to spend across all 4 of my Amex cards. I've always had some spending on them, but I went over the top and did things like charge the kids glasses, buy the VGC at staples, etc. I did that for about 2 mos and the amex gods are happy it would seem.

So I accidentally made a personal purchase on my business card. (I booked flights). I own the business so it's not like it would be a big deal with the company. But is that going to be an issue with Chase or anything? I'm going to pay the company back from my personal account. But I've heard some people have run into issues with this before. Help!

Ummmmm, 99% of my purchases are this ;)

I made sure to spend across all 4 of my Amex cards. I've always had some spending on them, but I went over the top and did things like charge the kids glasses, buy the VGC at staples, etc. I did that for about 2 mos and the amex gods are happy it would seem.
Thanks for this DP. I am trying this tactic and will see if it works for me! I just have to remember to put the last Amex card in my wallet so I can use it a bit more.

Dh earned over 11000 Hyatt points on his last work stay! If anyone is paying to stay at a Hyatt anytime soon, make sure you register for their promotion. Earn double or triple points. I think you have to stay once, then it earns on 2nd stay. This will work out nicely for us, he has 3 big Hyatt stays during this promotion. And he had a 1 night stay to begin with.

His breakdown was - $537 qualified spend -
2,685 base points
537 20% bonus as Explorist
5370 - bonus points - Earn triple points at a Hyatt Place
Total Bill after tax was - $628.29 Because his work visa was declined he put it on our Hyatt Card
2513 points from that

Total Hyatt points - 11,105.
We have a hockey tournament at a Hyatt coming up later this month. It is the one and only Hyatt stay though. Maybe I can find a good cheap rate at one to count for the first stay so the 2nd gets the extra points on the longer hockey stay. Thanks!

So, to recap...I applied for my dh the barclay aviator biz for the third time about 8 biz days ago. He's been denied twice now. First time they sent snail mail asking for verifification docs. Sent those back very next day, never heard from them again. Next time, he was auto-denied. So, today they CALLED him! And he answered.... :scared1: They grilled him about his "business" that he doesn't even know much about. He's not happy with me right now....Like REALLY not happy with me....

BUT he got approved! With a whopping $650 CL :rotfl::laughing::rotfl2:
omgosh! That is worse than the $1k amex gave me on the spg last year.:rotfl2:

Hilton question. How does a free weekend night work with the 5th night free? Can you essentially pay for 4 nights with points and get 6?
I don't know if it works all in one reservation or if you need to do it 5 + 1 and call to combine. But effectively, yes. You will pay for 4, get one free from that and another free from your certificate.

soooo ds and I went to check his credit karma score...page pops up that says- 'transunion can't show you anything' then I go to acct page- shows nothing- when I click on show accounts (he has two cc's) it says account can't be accessed. yet I can see his score from last year when he got his first cc. (2018) it's 791 from back then- yet ck is only showing transunion and no info...no other score sites...what should we do now? I put in a help request thru ck..... should we go to each site and look?
quoting myself b/c I recall this was a problem last year too..... so last time we struggled to get his report viewable, and he got turned down for one cc, but got two others. I went to experian own site,and saw his accounts as the 4 that should be there nothing else (two are AU's from previous) But I can't get into equifax at all.... their site throws a bunch of 'security question' at him that are all N/A - then end result is they cant show anything..... same on the phone call. I wrote down the lists of supposed info he got to choose from, do you think any of those are red flags,like someone has gotten his info and opened an acct somewhere? a mortgage keeps popping up.....
HOw else do we try to fix this? who do we call? Like I said, the one site showed only the proper 4 accts. I'm realy hoping creditkarma has some info to help at some point,I don't dare have him app for anything yet with all this.

So, to recap...I applied for my dh the barclay aviator biz for the third time about 8 biz days ago. He's been denied twice now. First time they sent snail mail asking for verifification docs. Sent those back very next day, never heard from them again. Next time, he was auto-denied. So, today they CALLED him! And he answered.... :scared1: They grilled him about his "business" that he doesn't even know much about. He's not happy with me right now....Like REALLY not happy with me....

He might forgive you when you are at the Swan visiting DD

I felt like DLR made their 60th last for like 18mos. I’m sure I’m remembering wrong

I don't think you're remembering wrong at all. We went in the summer of the 60th, and then went again the next summer, and they were still celebrating the 60th and I think it still had a few months to go. So 18 months is about right. I imagine WDW will do something very similar.

If you have an offer on your Amex biz card, like the $100 off of $500 at luxury Marriott properties, will you get that offer on both the main card and an employee card? Or just one or the other?

Congrats!!! So glad the phone call was worth it! Hope DH isn't mad too long! $650 CL, really?? How do you meet MSR with that?!

@amalone1013 and @PolyRob - I went ahead and closed my BoA checking account. I moved the money I had left in there out (about $1600 which was keeping it fee free) using zelle, so no fee there either. Then I called. I waited 30 minutes on hold, and then someone answered and hung up on me. I called back and it said wait time would be 50 -75 minutes. I hung up and tried again a few hours later. This time it was a 15 minute wait. I was prepared to tell them the reason for closing was the ridiculous wait times on the phone, but they never asked. I just said I'd like to close my account. She said she could help me with that - asked for the account number, but me on hold AGAIN, for a few minutes. Came back and said it was closed. Easy Peasy.

quoting myself b/c I recall this was a problem last year too..... so last time we struggled to get his report viewable, and he got turned down for one cc, but got two others. I went to experian own site,and saw his accounts as the 4 that should be there nothing else (two are AU's from previous) But I can't get into equifax at all.... their site throws a bunch of 'security question' at him that are all N/A - then end result is they cant show anything..... same on the phone call. I wrote down the lists of supposed info he got to choose from, do you think any of those are red flags,like someone has gotten his info and opened an acct somewhere? a mortgage keeps popping up.....
HOw else do we try to fix this? who do we call? Like I said, the one site showed only the proper 4 accts. I'm realy hoping creditkarma has some info to help at some point,I don't dare have him app for anything yet with all this.
....annnddddd.... to update I went into TU site, to file a dispute (just to get in) and set up the account no problem- it showed the same 4 accts..now why could't he just go in and view his report without all of this???? So I see a regular report on two sites.... I do see one oddity- the Amex card # is not the same as on the acct or card....but the history on it is the same- why is the number different? Thanks for any advice.

@amalone1013 and @PolyRob - I went ahead and closed my BoA checking account. I moved the money I had left in there out (about $1600 which was keeping it fee free) using zelle, so no fee there either. Then I called. I waited 30 minutes on hold, and then someone answered and hung up on me. I called back and it said wait time would be 50 -75 minutes. I hung up and tried again a few hours later. This time it was a 15 minute wait. I was prepared to tell them the reason for closing was the ridiculous wait times on the phone, but they never asked. I just said I'd like to close my account. She said she could help me with that - asked for the account number, but me on hold AGAIN, for a few minutes. Came back and said it was closed. Easy Peasy.
So not too bad. Just need to do it :) Though I wish you could have used your line about the phone waits :rotfl:

So this is the 5th year I've done a health screen at work. The first year I did off site and had bloodwork sent in, but every other year I've done the setup at work, with the finger prick and the little tabletop machine that reads everything in a few minutes.

There's history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol on my dad's side. So I've been happy that every year those have been good numbers... except last year because I went an hour after eating pizza for lunch, and my cholesterol was high :upsidedow but my good cholesterol was still in the good range.

So this morning my good cholesterol reading was so low it didn't even register. And the nurse told me about how you can't really do anything to raise your good cholesterol level, you're just born with it.

So if I've been in the good range for 4 years straight, where did it go??? 🤷‍♀️
Could be an error. I had one once on my cholesterol tests, except my bad cholesterol was really high. Doctor was all set to prescribe statin, I said how about a retest?

I’m looking at buying mickeys Christmas party tickets for a Friday night in December. We would be flying down same day.

If there was a travel delay or cancellation do you think those might be covered by the car insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter