I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little survey: how many folks are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021?
Definitely during the celebration for the 50th and maybe for the actual day. By then my DD will be in school so my planning will be a bit different. We will probably just go later in the year. It would be cool to be there for a big event but I also know myself and crazy crowds!

if this helps anyone:

For a limited time, receive 10% off + bonus miles when you buy or gift 20,000 or more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles.

This discount offer ends October 8.

My super scientific survey tells me everyone here is going to WDW for the 50th. This means I must go too, lol.
DH suggested a cruise out of Port Canaveral and then adding on WDW for a few days. This would be instead of the West Coast cruise I have on hold. Would be early Feb. probably.

Thinking of going this might change the calculus on things. Maybe it *would* be more cost effective to do a Disney cruise if I figure in ME + free transport to the cruise from a bubble hotel. And how much can I save using discounted gift cards + signup bonuses?

I think I'm losing my mind. This will give me something to think about at work today. :)
I need to build a spreadsheet.

did you ever find out what this charge was for?

I have a similar charge [from DISNEY RESORTS-FRON from 7/31] (that I'm just noticing) from 6 days after the end of my last stay at AoA.

I've emailed what I believe is the right department at Disney World.
Replied to your pm

DANG IT! Well apparently I don't want to load my serve on the first of the month. I loaded it yesterday. Logged into today to move the money and I was hit w/ the fee! What the heck! Well there's a $6.95 loss! Grrrrrr.

Does anyone know, can 14yos have a serve? I don't have a P2 so I was thinking of getting myself another card (or 2) for myself and then her a card if I can. And you can have 2 in play under your name? Since GrAAvy is drying up, and Barclay hates me and won't give me a Biz card, I've got to generate my AA miles somehow until I can do the Citi Personal, LOL.

So this is the 5th year I've done a health screen at work. The first year I did off site and had bloodwork sent in, but every other year I've done the setup at work, with the finger prick and the little tabletop machine that reads everything in a few minutes.

There's history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol on my dad's side. So I've been happy that every year those have been good numbers... except last year because I went an hour after eating pizza for lunch, and my cholesterol was high :upsidedow but my good cholesterol was still in the good range.

So this morning my good cholesterol reading was so low it didn't even register. And the nurse told me about how you can't really do anything to raise your good cholesterol level, you're just born with it.

So if I've been in the good range for 4 years straight, where did it go??? 🤷‍♀️

Okay color me stupid....when you are getting extra serve cards, are you doing them as sub account cards under your existing account? Or are you creating different accounts completely for each card?

The refillable popcorn bucket is our go to snack too! I’ve never taken buckets back but that’s cause we typically only go once a year and it’s a new bucket each time.
one of our fave family memories from our spring break trip last year was that one popcorn bucket and 93 million refills for the 16 of us to snack on during the trip.... yeah our cheapskate family enjoyed that a lot.... popcorn:: :rotfl2:

This. We go to our local Six Flags. Prices are pretty close to Disney, although popcorn refills still $1. However, no food allowed in the park. You can bring a water bottle but that’s it. Sometimes we pack a lunch but have to sweat out in the parking lot to eat it. A slurpee is $7, nachos are over 15.
yes but....(I know I'm late here as usual) you can't compare a three hour sport event or quick trip to six flags with a week at Disney in terms of pricing...we all know this! Most people are visiting with the whole family,for multiple days,and that's the killer for pricing.

Friendly reminder for those of you chasing quarterly rewards that today is October 1st (although it feels more like Jul here w temps still in the 90s 🥵.)
Q4 for Discover 5% = Amazon.com, Walmart.com & Target.
...aaaaannnnnnddddd I screwed that up nicely!!!! I just ordered a HUGE amazon order yesterday :headache: I need to pay more attention

Friendly reminder for those of you chasing quarterly rewards that today is October 1st (although it feels more like Jul here w temps still in the 90s 🥵.)
Q4 for Discover 5% = Amazon.com, Walmart.com & Target.
...aaaaannnnnnddddd I screwed that up nicely!!!! I just ordered a HUGE amazon order yesterday :headache: I need to pay more attention
Okay so a few things:

I clearly didn’t pay attention because Dh was actually able to apply for the CIC on September 28. That was his 90 days. We are gonna try to still finish my CIP MSR first but are doing more MS to do it.

We went to staples since we both had the $25 back offer. We did a $200 gc and split the payment with no issue. Both emails were received about the $25 credits.

We then went to OD and did things correctly this time lol. Dh got two variable gcs for the $15 off. We went to Walmart after for serve. The cashier said she couldn’t do it because she thought I was loading gift cards. I told her I did it yesterday and it worked so she tried again. I had to tell her the amount on each card before I swiped and that worked. That’s the first time I’ve had an issue and I was a little nervous. It was also dh’s first time doing serve
you get offers on your CIP???? I get 0 offers on that

lol I bought a VGC at Kroger and a grocery item yesterday. It wasn’t until after I walked away that I realized I still somehow managed to hit a whole number for my total.

It can be hard here with 10% sales tax. Bought some of the cute holiday birds target has for mom and they are all $5 so with the tax and the even number of birds I ended up with .00 for my total. Used cip so didn't care but it's something to keep in mind here anyway.

Yesterday as in oct 1 or yesterday monday? Today's the 2nd. I waited to order last night.

Also for whoever mentioned cf and jcp, some stores sell 3rd party gc not sure if amazon is there but that may help.

A little survey: how many folks are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021?
We'll be there in October 2021 for our 30th anniversary (the 26th), but not for Oct 1. We honeymooned at WDW :love:
Check your Southwest flights if you have any in November-February! They are running one of their 3 day sales and my redeye to NOLA on President's Day weekend dropped 2k points. Not much but it's worth it!
DD's flight home for Thanksgiving (Saturday before) dropped 3500 points! I checked on a whim yesterday afternoon and was so surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter