I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Jen, I hate to hear that Skip had to have yet another surgery. I'll keep him and you in my prayers! It sounds like he has a tough row to hoe. Hopefully, he'll realize that he needs to take it easy and stop smoking. I've never been addicted to anything so I don't really know how hard it is to stop something like smoking but I can imagine that it'll be tough.

I'm sorry you didn't love Palo for dinner. I have heard the Brunch is really wonderful, so that settles it for me. I am going to try for Palo Brunch!

No biggie. I have a pretty strong stomach. You just hold to your end of the deal and don't send pictures... and we'll be good! :lmao:

Or maybe you could just start a hospital trip report. Skip would LOVE that, don't you think? :rotfl:

I so want to take a picture of it and send it to you! :rotfl: it's pretty gross and when we lifted up the gown to look at it after I went in the room he about flipped out. And he is mad he is hooked up to a hose and machine.

Bless your heart! I was wondering why you had been so "quiet" this week. I'll be praying for you! Hoping Skip starts to feel better quickly!!!

It's been a long day. I think I might veg out and go to bed soon.

Now you're channeling my hero Dory! She gets me through some trying times to be sure.

Yeah. I was totally thinking about you when I wrote that!

Hang in there! :grouphug:

Jill in CO

Thanks. If he behaves, he should get better. I think we have scared him a bit now. He realizes he could lose his leg if he doesn't obey.

My thoughts and prayers are with John and you. :hug:

Thanks, but his name is Skip. I have to laugh that you said John though. My ex husband and father to my son (who is in his 20's) name was John. My second child is 20 and I wasn't married to her dad, but his name is John too. I have swore off anyone named John for the rest of my life! :lmao:

Jen, I hate to hear that Skip had to have yet another surgery. I'll keep him and you in my prayers! It sounds like he has a tough row to hoe. Hopefully, he'll realize that he needs to take it easy and stop smoking. I've never been addicted to anything so I don't really know how hard it is to stop something like smoking but I can imagine that it'll be tough.

I tell you, if we didn;t have bad luck, we wouldn't have any. Skip thinks his knees are going bad too. He asked if he should say something to the Dr today and say something like "I think I need both my knees done, so should we plan on 4 more surgeries then?" :rotfl:
I am a smoker too, but I don't smoke nearly as much as he does. And I can go for long periods when I have to without it. I have quit SEVERAL times and for long periods too. And stupidly go back. If he does make it, I am going to try and do this as well. It's so much better for all of us.

I'm sorry you didn't love Palo for dinner. I have heard the Brunch is really wonderful, so that settles it for me. I am going to try for Palo Brunch!

Yes, brunch is MUCH better. My Dad is pretty picky and he was a little afraid of brunch but I think he even enjoyed it. I think he also liked the fact that I took just him and Mom to it and it was my treat. ;)

Sorry to hear Skip is down for the count right now. Maybe he won't be so anxious this time to get back to the barn!

Sorry to hear Skip is down for the count right now. Maybe he won't be so anxious this time to get back to the barn!

I hope you are right, but I think I am going to be fighting him. At least he wil lhave a machine attached to him for a bit to slow him down.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your Palo dinner as much as you hoped.

Sorry to hear Skip had to have more surgery, I will say I have worked a lot with that Wound Vac as a home care nurse and it really does a good job in healing wounds like that most of the time. I will say that if he goes home with it, the one they send home is much more portable than the one in the hospital, although in Skip's case that could be both good and bad ;)

:grouphug: I'm praying for you! I hope he does finally heal quickly and you don't have to hide any bodies around the farm.

:bday: I also hope is a a good day!

I so want to take a picture of it and send it to you! :rotfl: it's pretty gross and when we lifted up the gown to look at it after I went in the room he about flipped out. And he is mad he is hooked up to a hose and machine.

OK, my imagination is probably even worse than the reality. But no need to find out! :rotfl: Maybe you could corner the doctor and explain that Skip needs to be attached to the machine as long as possible just to keep him from going back to work? ;)

I tell you, if we didn;t have bad luck, we wouldn't have any. Skip thinks his knees are going bad too. He asked if he should say something to the Dr today and say something like "I think I need both my knees done, so should we plan on 4 more surgeries then?" :rotfl:

Don't even KID! :scared1:

You may need Dory's counsel more down the road too. Or maybe go back to those deep breathing exercises they teach you in childbirth class?

I am a smoker too, but I don't smoke nearly as much as he does. And I can go for long periods when I have to without it. I have quit SEVERAL times and for long periods too. And stupidly go back. If he does make it, I am going to try and do this as well. It's so much better for all of us.

Good luck to both of you with this piece of it!!

And....... HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY BIRTHDAY JEN! :love: party: :bday:

Jen, i have been following both of your TR and am not one that post that much, more of a reader. Anyway wanted to tell you I will keep both of you in my prayers.

As for the smoking, has he tried the vapor cigarettes? I know three people personally who were able to stop by using them and they still used them. They seem to think it is more of a habit for the "act" of smoking. Just a suggestion. I know it is hard, my father only stopped after a massive heart attack and then my mom couldn't stop until she had a massive aneurysm.

As for the hip replacement...I do wonder if his hip was on the recall list. I don't know much about it but my mother fell during her recovery and broke her him. It was replaced about two years ago and they got a recall on her him about 4 months ago. Not that you are looking for money but you might ask some question because i think they have to pay for the surgery for the repair on the recalled hips.

Sorry I am full of information today. :cool1: Keeping you in my prayers.

Aw, Jen. How crappy! And I know just what your going through. My mom had both of her hips replaced, one of them twice for the same exact reason as Skip. The first surgery didn't "take", she ended up dislocating that hip TWICE before they admitted defeat and re-did the surgery.

I spent an awful lot of time in the hospital waiting room that year. Allison was an infant then and it was not at all fun.

I will be thinking of you.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your Palo dinner as much as you hoped.

Sorry to hear Skip had to have more surgery, I will say I have worked a lot with that Wound Vac as a home care nurse and it really does a good job in healing wounds like that most of the time. I will say that if he goes home with it, the one they send home is much more portable than the one in the hospital, although in Skip's case that could be both good and bad ;)

I think if he behaves he should do good. It sounds like he will be there til lat least Sat. which is good.

:grouphug: I'm praying for you! I hope he does finally heal quickly and you don't have to hide any bodies around the farm.

:bday: I also hope is a a good day!

Thanks! We will be heading to the hospital soon.

And....... HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY BIRTHDAY JEN! :love: party: :bday:

Thanks! :goodvibes

Jen, i have been following both of your TR and am not one that post that much, more of a reader. Anyway wanted to tell you I will keep both of you in my prayers.

As for the smoking, has he tried the vapor cigarettes? I know three people personally who were able to stop by using them and they still used them. They seem to think it is more of a habit for the "act" of smoking. Just a suggestion. I know it is hard, my father only stopped after a massive heart attack and then my mom couldn't stop until she had a massive aneurysm.

As for the hip replacement...I do wonder if his hip was on the recall list. I don't know much about it but my mother fell during her recovery and broke her him. It was replaced about two years ago and they got a recall on her him about 4 months ago. Not that you are looking for money but you might ask some question because i think they have to pay for the surgery for the repair on the recalled hips.

Sorry I am full of information today. :cool1: Keeping you in my prayers.

We do have the vapor ones, and he has used them off and on.
His first hip on the other side wasn't recalled, but it was a metal on metal one. He did talk to a lawyer but I doubt he'll do anything on it. It's not his way.

Aw, Jen. How crappy! And I know just what your going through. My mom had both of her hips replaced, one of them twice for the same exact reason as Skip. The first surgery didn't "take", she ended up dislocating that hip TWICE before they admitted defeat and re-did the surgery.

I spent an awful lot of time in the hospital waiting room that year. Allison was an infant then and it was not at all fun.

I will be thinking of you.

This is so frustrating, nothing goes right with him and surgeries. I am just kind of in a daze now. I'll just keep going, what else is there to do. I am sick of waiting rooms. LOL

Best wishes to Skip for a speedy recovery. I have been told I will eventually need a hip replacement. B/c of your post I sooo hope It is a long time in the future before u actually have to go through it.

Chain Skip down to his chair until he is healed. LOL.

Best wishes to Skip for a speedy recovery. I have been told I will eventually need a hip replacement. B/c of your post I sooo hope It is a long time in the future before u actually have to go through it.

Chain Skip down to his chair until he is healed. LOL.

I would like to chain him down! I think we are just bad to compare to. So many people have hip replacements and do fine. Of course they are not out milking cows with in a week either. ;)

Checking in to see how the patient is doing.

He is bored out of his mind. He said the Dr said it looked like there was a little bit of Staph in his infection. I don't know if you can have a "little bit" or not, but thats how Skip tells it. I guess they are now going to give him new meds. They are going to change the dressing for the wound vac today too. His excitement is ordering food. He has a menu and keeps trying different things.
It doesn't sound like he will be home today and we'll see about tomorrow.
I think he may come home with an IV too for meds.
I am not sure if we'll go see him today. He said we are boring. LOL. he never talks so we usually bring our kindles or phones and play games. I guess if we go, we have to be more chatty about nothing.
He said his mom was coming and bringing farm books. exciting.!

He is bored out of his mind. He said the Dr said it looked like there was a little bit of Staph in his infection. I don't know if you can have a "little bit" or not, but thats how Skip tells it. I guess they are now going to give him new meds. They are going to change the dressing for the wound vac today too. His excitement is ordering food. He has a menu and keeps trying different things.
It doesn't sound like he will be home today and we'll see about tomorrow.
I think he may come home with an IV too for meds.
I am not sure if we'll go see him today. He said we are boring. LOL. he never talks so we usually bring our kindles or phones and play games. I guess if we go, we have to be more chatty about nothing.
He said his mom was coming and bringing farm books. exciting.!

I sure hope that the hospital food there is better than it is here in Louisiana. Maybe he's trying different foods because nothing tastes good. :laughing:

It sounds like the best bet would be to have the IV meds while at home. At least that way, he may stay still.

Hum, maybe you need to gather up a bunch of farm books before you go visit him. Do they have farm books that can be downloaded on the Kindle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter