I have yet another question

dcgrumpy

<font color=blue>Doesn't give a ... darn<br><font
Say I book a room at rack rate on the passholder site today. Tomorrow they release more internet passholder rates on the website. Do I automatically get that or am I stuck with a nonrefundable rack rate room until a better "general public code" comes out? In other words I'd be penalized for booking early on the best rate site.

When this came out I was under the impression that you would book it at rack rate and then if a code came out they would go an adjust. But now they are letting people book a room at a discount rate. Which seems to defeat the whole purpose. So instead of people flooding the phone lines when an AP rate comes out they are flocking to the website and the rooms are gone in a few minutes.

I just don't get it.

If you book now 120 out at a curtain rate, if any discount comes out (AP, general code, a discount that Disney gives out just for the heck of it, but not including e-mail rates that need a PIN or for that matter any rate that needs a special PIN, AAA rates, postcard, etc) it will automatically be added to your rate.

really? because yet to hear one person say they booked at rack rate and they were automatically changed. All I see are people that were able to book at a lower rate.

dcgrumpy said:
really? because yet to hear one person say they booked at rack rate and they were automatically changed. All I see are people that were able to book at a lower rate.
..I think most are hesitant to book at rack...I sure am - at least booking with AAA, I know I am getting some sort of discount.......:)

lillygator,

True. Those who seem to be booking are the ones who are getting the discounted rooms off the bat.

since I don't have AAA and already have it booked at rack rate it doesn't make a diiference to me. I want to be sure it will change though, CRO can't give a traight answer. It's so frustrating.

dcgrumpy....I applaud you for booking rack and hoping for the discount!! I sure hope you end up with a great rate!! :)

I have called several times and each CM I spoke with acted like I made the whole thing up!!

oops

sorry, I meant I already had it booked before this program. I booked it 2 weeks ago. So I could just rebook with the new program and it woudl be the same difference

lillygator,

Doesn't that kind of sound like what we were all hearing in December 04, when the first wispers of the MYW stuff came out. I remember calling and calling and being told that they had no idea what I was talking about and whatever place or whomever told me this was wrong.

lillygator,

I'm sure just like with the MYW stuff, the CM's will have to be trained on how to navigate the callers through the site. There probably will be a website only team once this promotion gets moving that people who are having issues making a reservation online will beable to call for assistance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter