I have a question about booking, please help

Sonya

Kaki Gori veteran
I booked my rooms (6 nights at ASMo and 2 at WL) through WDW Travel because I have a Disney Club membership. I recently went to mousesavers and found a code that would bring down the price to $74/night for ASMo and $139/night at WL. So I called (407)W-Disney and they told me I had to go through WDW Travel b/c they are the ones who booked me. OK, so I couldn't use the code now, or so he said, but he did get me a discount for ASMo at $66.36!!! He said he couldn't get me a discount for WL b/c the way my ressie was set up, they would have to cancel my WL ressie and then rebook and I'd have 2 accounts with 2 deposits, etc. I told him it didn't matter but I guess they couldn't. (or wouldn't)

Now my question, (I bet you thought I'd forgot?) Should I try to call back? Should I try W-DISNEY again or go directly to WDW Travel? And would it be worth it to make them cancel the WL ressie and themn rebook? It would save me $90/night. Or would this all just jinx me and they take back all the discounting that had been done? Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry Sonja, all changes will have to be done through WDW Travel - they are a travel agency and essentially your "agent" in your travel plans.
I would call them and tell them what the CRO CM told you. I would hope that they can get you the same rates that you are able to get yourself (by calling CRO.) If they are not willing to work with you, I would be tempted to make new ressies myself through CRO and THEN cancel your WDW Travel ressies (as long as you won't lose any money.) I do believe that if you book through CRO and move resorts during your stay that you must pay a deposit for each of the resorts. BUT you will not have to pay your bill in full until you arrive (not unless they have changed that rule.)

I hope that this has answered some of your questions...

:)

Hope you get everything worked out! Let us know what you end up doing, please.

I did just that...I had booked with Disney travel because of a code. Then I decided to change resorts and called CRO. I also wanted to use another code. Andrew, a great CM, checked about 3 codes I had and found one I could use. The price was $5 a night cheaper than my original ressie. He connected me with DT so I could cance my other ressie. Since I had put a $200 deposit on first, and now they take Visa over the phone, I had him charge my cc the $200. I'll be getting a refund so it will be an even match.

Call CRO first and see what you can do, then cancel the DT ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter