I didn't listen and you were right...

I have a question. The next time we go, we will be booking two rooms: one for me and my husband and on for our daughter and son-in-law. Could we book one room on DDP and one on the DxDP and share credits?

I have a question. The next time we go, we will be booking two rooms: one for me and my husband and on for our daughter and son-in-law. Could we book one room on DDP and one on the DxDP and share credits?
Currently, you could totally do that. One room could even have no plan at all! As long as someone with the dining plan is “paying” for the meals, they don’t care if the others at the table are part of the same reservation, or part of the dining plan at all. Sharing credits between more people than are paying for the dining plan is one of the biggest “loopholes” that can make the deluxe plan a great value.

It doesn’t sound relevant to your situation, but DxDP credits are different from the standard DDP’s TS credits in that they are also “pooled,” and not sorted out by age. So you can use a credit technically purchased for a child in the room on an adult’s meal. I most often see one room with DxDP and one with QSDP (where the credits are also pooled and don’t have to be used on kids meals) or nothing at all. But if you do like a lot of TS restaurants, having the second room on the DDP works as well.

We did the DxDP last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Like many posters here, we did either a late breakfast or early lunch each day with a signature dinner and it worked out great. Since we go during Food and Wine, it is much easier to use up the snack credits too. We are going to Disney in 2 weeks and have the DxDP booked again for this year.

I've always wanted to try the deluxe plan (signatures, here I come!) but have been worried about the volume. I always do regular for the prepaid aspect and by using snack credits for breakfast, break even or come out slightly ahead.

I've always wanted to try the deluxe plan (signatures, here I come!) but have been worried about the volume. I always do regular for the prepaid aspect and by using snack credits for breakfast, break even or come out slightly ahead.

That's exactly why we tried it last year. It was great and we are doing it again this year. Now that we will have tried all the signatures/dinner shows that we wanted too, next year we will probably go back to the regular plan for at least a couple years. I'm with you on liking the pre-paid aspect of it.

Currently, you could totally do that. One room could even have no plan at all! As long as someone with the dining plan is “paying” for the meals, they don’t care if the others at the table are part of the same reservation, or part of the dining plan at all. Sharing credits between more people than are paying for the dining plan is one of the biggest “loopholes” that can make the deluxe plan a great value.

It doesn’t sound relevant to your situation, but DxDP credits are different from the standard DDP’s TS credits in that they are also “pooled,” and not sorted out by age. So you can use a credit technically purchased for a child in the room on an adult’s meal. I most often see one room with DxDP and one with QSDP (where the credits are also pooled and don’t have to be used on kids meals) or nothing at all. But if you do like a lot of TS restaurants, having the second room on the DDP works as well.
Thank you so much for your response! Cara

We have done the deluxe dining plan each time we opted for a dining plan. Since we tend towards signature restaurants this has worked well for us.

I let the math do the choosing for us as it's so simple. When not staying CL, we use snack credits for breakfast thus leaving more dining credits for later meals. I frequently order shellfish or fish for dinner, and the man, tends toward heartier meats. This forthcoming December trip when it will only be 2 of us I'm still working on what if any dining plan makes sense for our finances.

As for the oftime stated "it's too much food" response, I think it really depends on how you order your dishes. We frequently order something made of vegetables as an appetizer and split a dessert or ask to have the extra boxed for midnight snacking.
Know how you prefer to eat and it'll be easy to make the monetary choices.

Last edited:

Different strokes for different folks. The regular dining plan just doesn't work for us, not enough TS and too many QS but DxDP does. I know we're not typical though.
I agree with you I chose to have the deluxe dining plan and with the meals I had it was financially worth it and will do it again next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter