I can't stop crying...I am going to be a mess! lol

Eddygirl

Mouseketeer
We leave in 2 weeks!!!! It doesn't seem real!! I keep getting a bit teary thinking about it....yes I am one of those Moms! This trip is for my 40th...I am honestly not sad about that at all! ;)

We have been to DL twice and both times I got teary when we first walk under the bridge to Main Street. I pretty much flat out cry during the fireworks.

We saved and can stay on site and do a split stay between POR and BC. I am afraid I am going to cry when we check in......Are the CM's going to laugh at me? :rotfl:

We leave in 2 weeks!!!! It doesn't seem real!! I keep getting a bit teary thinking about it....yes I am one of those Moms! This trip is for my 40th...I am honestly not sad about that at all! ;)

We have been to DL twice and both times I got teary when we first walk under the bridge to Main Street. I pretty much flat out cry during the fireworks.

We saved and can stay on site and do a split stay between POR and BC. I am afraid I am going to cry when we check in......Are the CM's going to laugh at me? :rotfl:

Love this post!!! I am totally not a Disney freak. I like things Disney but am not obsessed. Went to Disney World last June for the first time at age 38. I never got to go as a child but it was my dream to take my daughter one day. She was 6 when we went last year and I about lost it multiple times just watching the joy on her face and experiencing the magic. As a matter if fact I did lose it during the parade and fireworks. That night at the Magic Kingdom was one of the best nights of my life. Husband said the same. It was absolutely magical! Daughter and I are going back this June but with my mom this time. It will be her first time at age 60. Top thing to do is parade/fireworks. I am sure I will cry then too! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Oh and last year we stayed at POR. It is really pretty there! We really liked it.

I cry when our plane lands at MCO and they say welcome to where Mickey lives.... I cry when we are on that little monorail thingy at the airport.... I cry when I get hit with that first smell of FL air....I cry every single time we check in at our resort. I cry every time I see the Castle...and the Tree of Life....and....well..you get the picture.
As long as the CM knows your tears are happy tears...they will not laugh at you! ;) and even if they do, you will be crying, and you won't notice.

I bet it happens a lot more than you would think at check-in and the CM's are used to it.

You love WDW. I totally understand you. We all react in different ways to our arrival to WDW. Me? I feel exhilarated and excited like a kid on Christmas morning and just rattle off about everything I see and plan for us to do that week!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I *do* feel like crying on the Magical Express taking us back to the airport, though.:sad::sad::sad::sad:

I start crying on the bus to the MK, when the music changes from being themed to whatever resort you're coming from to the trumpets that start off the MK themed music (which I think is from the old Mickey Mouse Club???) doesn't matter if it's my 1st visit to the MK that trip or my 5th, that's what starts the tears rolling for me!!
Have a wonderful trip, Eddygirl! pixiedust:

Thank-you for reassuring me that I am not a total freak! lol

Maybe we can start "I cry at Disney" support group? We could have pins! :sad: ;):thumbsup2

Hi, My name is Melissa and I cry at Disney.

I have to agree with the poster who stated she cries at her kid's reaction. I am the same.. the look of awe and wonder... just get's me going.
The fireworks get me.. the trip back to the airport I cry.

My hubby didn't get it why I had tears in my eyes the first time the kids went (he had never been). The minute they saw the castle, it was done. They were SOOO happy and I just couldn't help it.

So cry those happy tears.. You are definitely NOT alone.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2::yes::::yes:::hug::hug:

You guys have me tearing up just reading this thread, I will definitely be a mess on our next trip. Youngest son (5) actually cried on the bus back to the airport. He says, "mom I want to stay at our new home". My reply was, "me too buddy me too". Love the Disney Bubble!!

I am exactly the same way :thumbsup2 I already warned (that i will ball my eyes out a few times) my DS 16 lol

HAVE AN AWESOME TIME :goodvibes

We are 10 days out from our trip and I find myself getting teary eyed listening to the Disney parks station on Pandora or watching videos of Wishes, etc. on Youtube. I think i'll probably cry when we get our resort too..so you're not alone! ;)

Hi. My name is Jill and I also cry at Disney.

Magical Express ride - check

Walking into whatever park is first in the lineup - check

Stepping onto Main St at MK - check

EVERY TIME at the MK parade - check; in fact I watched a few snippets of the new one online and was actually sobbing at home. *Note to self - bing lots of tissues!

Fireworks at both MK and Epcot - check

Random moments when any sort of "magic" happens to my group or others! - check

And no one as ever laughed at me (as far as I know) except my own family. I agree this must happen way too often to be a big deal.
:sad:

May I join the "I cry at Disney" club, too?

I get veklempt at just about everything while I'm there. And then sometimes at home, too, remembering the great memories! I can no longer hear "Feliz Navidad" without tearing up because it was played the first time we experienced the Osborne Lights! Such a powerful memory!

We always end our trips in MK, and walking down Main Street to leave the final night is a complete tear fest! Driving off property the next morning is tough too!

It's amazing what strong emotion Disney can evoke!

Regards,
C.

I love you all!! Lol

Well today is the day! I work just a half day and we drive 5 hours to Seattle where we fly out tomorrow. We are packed and as ready as we are going to be.

I have been too busy this week to have any serious melt downs. One of the kids ended up with an abscess tooth, I ended up at the dr (all good now), found out yesterday the youngest needs glasses, which will be ready to pick up at noon. No time for crying! Hahahaha

Now when I say goodbye to the girls at work today and I give them a little thank-you gift for looking after my files the tears are sure to flow............let the tear fest begin!!!!

We are 10 days out from our trip and I find myself getting teary eyed listening to the Disney parks station on Pandora or watching videos of Wishes, etc. on Youtube. I think i'll probably cry when we get our resort too..so you're not alone! ;)

Me too! We are going on our first trip to Disney World and we will also be there for New Year's eve (I know crazy). I looked up some videos on youtube of the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks... this was me at first :surfweb: and this was me afterwards :sad: at work!

I'm such a cry baby. :thumbsup2

I was watching videos of talking Mickey on YouTube with DD and I ugly cried :rotfl: cannot wait to be there !!

Awe, I always want to cry when the CMs. say "welcome home" when we walk into the Wilderness Lodge...Then again when we leave :-(

I cry everytime I see wishes!! That music really gets to me! Disney has given our family the most wonderful memories over the years, my kids first time going, all the fun times when they were growing up, my daughters' wedding which was amazing!!! Our DVC purchase, the list goes on. I soooo get it!

O my, I'm tearing up just reading this. I'm a man and ain't afraid to cry in public. We are 25 days away from our trip. DD 8 her first trip and DS 14 who hasn't been to WDW since he was 4. This is a surprise trip. I tear up when every time I think about what their reaction will be to different things. Can't wait. Hope it's our best trip ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter