"I can do more than I think"-My story to be fit for life, not just Disney.

I have to force myself to go running, why dodnt you eneter a race so you have someting to aim for, even if it is just a 5k, it helps inspire me.:confused3

I think I need to do that, actually. I'll have to pick one and just bit the bullet, haha. I think July 4th weekend there's one in the area...I'll have to see if there's any spots open!

So I've been doing really well in my efforts! I weighed myself this morning and I was down another couple pounds! (I have to update my ticker to show all my real progress, lol) I also decided to do something I've never done before: I joined the Biggest Loser Summer 2011 Challenge here on the WISH. I'm kinda nervous about taking on the challenge, but I'm really excited about all the added success and help it will provide for me. I'm so excited about this summer, I can't hardly stand it!

I think I need to do that, actually. I'll have to pick one and just bit the bullet, haha. I think July 4th weekend there's one in the area...I'll have to see if there's any spots open!

So I've been doing really well in my efforts! I weighed myself this morning and I was down another couple pounds! (I have to update my ticker to show all my real progress, lol) I also decided to do something I've never done before: I joined the Biggest Loser Summer 2011 Challenge here on the WISH. I'm kinda nervous about taking on the challenge, but I'm really excited about all the added success and help it will provide for me. I'm so excited about this summer, I can't hardly stand it!

:thumbsup2

I GOT THE JOB!!!!:banana::cool1::yay::dance3:

I AM SO EXCITED!!! Seriously, I have been trying for TWO YEARS to get on with the hospital and have a real job and not some rinky-dink little job like I have now, and it finally happened!!!!! I have orientation on the 27th of this month and then I really start getting into the job itself. I can't wait!!!

I even have good news to report on my weight loss! Sorta, lol. I've been eating a lot healthier the last few weeks and I can't wait to get to my goal. I should probably say my ticker went from 2% to 9% because I changed it to my short term goal (losing 25lbs before Disney). I was better able to manage seeing that number than I was seeing the long term picture. I still need to work out today and get my walking in. Nothing else to report really, just wanted to let those of you that read up on me that I'm still here! Thank you so much for all the encouragement and everything you've said to me. I really do appreciate it :flower3:

CONGRATS:cool1::yay::cheer2: So glad you got the job!

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother but it sounds like you are at peace with her passing.

It's crazy around here too, but today was DD's last day of kindy:woohoo: but our craziness isn't over here (yet) DD has a feeding tube/gtube, and the doc's have all agreed that yes she can have it removed now (she's had it since she was 6 months old) they scheduled the surgery for the 17th, so now I'm a nervous wreck:scared1: but she's happy/scared too, so we'll get thru it.

Morning runs are good for you, but they truly suck until you get used to doing them. It's getting out the door and moving that's the hardest part of any run, but you just HAVE to do it. Make a deal with yourself ---run 15 minutes or 20 minutes and if you still don't feel like running then just call it done, but chances are you'll want to keep going. It's been super hard on me with this freakin 90 plus heat, I've skipped a lot of outside evenings because between the humidity and the actual temp it's been unbearable, but I've got a treadmill, so I run on it when I can't bear the thought of the heat outside.

Congrats on the new job!!!:cool1:

Thanks!!

CONGRATS:cool1::yay::cheer2: So glad you got the job!

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother but it sounds like you are at peace with her passing.

As for morning funs, I so don't want to...but I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up and do it. From my front door to the front entrance of our neighborhood is about a mile there and back, and I know I can do that quickly. I'm just not looking forward to doing it in this heat!!

It's crazy around here too, but today was DD's last day of kindy:woohoo: but our craziness isn't over here (yet) DD has a feeding tube/gtube, and the doc's have all agreed that yes she can have it removed now (she's had it since she was 6 months old) they scheduled the surgery for the 17th, so now I'm a nervous wreck:scared1: but she's happy/scared too, so we'll get thru it.

Morning runs are good for you, but they truly suck until you get used to doing them. It's getting out the door and moving that's the hardest part of any run, but you just HAVE to do it. Make a deal with yourself ---run 15 minutes or 20 minutes and if you still don't feel like running then just call it done, but chances are you'll want to keep going. It's been super hard on me with this freakin 90 plus heat, I've skipped a lot of outside evenings because between the humidity and the actual temp it's been unbearable, but I've got a treadmill, so I run on it when I can't bear the thought of the heat outside.

Yay for your DD's kindy graduation!! You must be so proud of her :) Thank you for the kind words about my grandma. She had been sick for a while, and it was really time for her to go on to a place where she's not hurting. And if ever I needed a guardian angel, I know just where to look :littleangel:

I have been keeping up with my food tracking and drinking a ton of water the last two weeks because of the BLC I took on. I feel like a fish drinking so much water! I must say though, I haven't had a soda in almost two weeks....and I don't really miss it. I don't have anywhere to put it in my body after all the water! I've lost a couple pounds since I tracked my ticker last, but I want to wait until official weigh-in day (Friday) to post the latest results. But things are going great!!

Whoo-hooo!! Another 1.25 down! It seems to be my magic number, lol. I'll take it :) I am pretty proud of myself. I'm only 5lbs away from the lowest I ever was, and I can't WAIT til I dip below that even further :cutie:

One of the things I know I need a little bit (okay, a lot) of work is on my workouts. I just can't seem to pull it together some days :confused3 I don't plan it like I used to, and I don't like working out in front of people so I just come up with an excuse a couple more times a week than I should. But I also know that not working out got me to the weight I was before, and I never want to be that weight again. What's that saying? You have to do what you've never done to get what you've never had? Yeah, that's it. I'm just gonna have to stop with the stupid excuses and get down to brass tax: no playing around this time! So, this week's goal is:
(4) 20 minutes Pilates workouts,
(3) 25 minute walks with my friend Linda up the street,
and
(3) times around with my 10-minute ab dvd.

It's about to be ON like Donkey Kong, lol.

Wish me luck! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!!

PS: I feel like I should explain why my ticker keeps hopping around. I have to look at my short term goals on there, otherwise I get a little discouraged that the percent completed is so small. So it's been updated to reflect my starting weight (201) compared to my Before Disney goal weight (176). Hope this doesn't confuse anyone!

Whoo-hooo!! Another 1.25 down! It seems to be my magic number, lol. I'll take it :) I am pretty proud of myself. I'm only 5lbs away from the lowest I ever was, and I can't WAIT til I dip below that even further :cutie:

One of the things I know I need a little bit (okay, a lot) of work is on my workouts. I just can't seem to pull it together some days :confused3 I don't plan it like I used to, and I don't like working out in front of people so I just come up with an excuse a couple more times a week than I should. But I also know that not working out got me to the weight I was before, and I never want to be that weight again. What's that saying? You have to do what you've never done to get what you've never had? Yeah, that's it. I'm just gonna have to stop with the stupid excuses and get down to brass tax: no playing around this time! So, this week's goal is:
(4) 20 minutes Pilates workouts,
(3) 25 minute walks with my friend Linda up the street,
and
(3) times around with my 10-minute ab dvd.

It's about to be ON like Donkey Kong, lol.

Wish me luck! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!!

PS: I feel like I should explain why my ticker keeps hopping around. I have to look at my short term goals on there, otherwise I get a little discouraged that the percent completed is so small. So it's been updated to reflect my starting weight (201) compared to my Before Disney goal weight (176). Hope this doesn't confuse anyone!

Hey there, how has your week gone? Were you able to complete your goals mentioned above? Wait, wait, wait...let me back up...CONGRATS on another 1.25 lbs down!!! That's awesome...you are in the groove!!!

Now, how was your week...did you complete your goals? :) And, I know how hard it is to work out with others around. I used to let this be my excuse, but not now. I just remind myself that they probably don't care what I look like, and they should just be thrilled that I'm here working out versus sitting on the couch. The gym generally isn't a friendly place...people seem to want to get it, get done, and get out. A few love it, but most are having to make themselves be there...it's amazing how you can throw someone off by smiling at them at the gym. :rotfl: Just remind yourself that YOU are more important than what ANYONE else thinks. :) Keep it up!!!:hug:

Hey there, how has your week gone? Were you able to complete your goals mentioned above? Wait, wait, wait...let me back up...CONGRATS on another 1.25 lbs down!!! That's awesome...you are in the groove!!!

Now, how was your week...did you complete your goals? :) And, I know how hard it is to work out with others around. I used to let this be my excuse, but not now. I just remind myself that they probably don't care what I look like, and they should just be thrilled that I'm here working out versus sitting on the couch. The gym generally isn't a friendly place...people seem to want to get it, get done, and get out. A few love it, but most are having to make themselves be there...it's amazing how you can throw someone off by smiling at them at the gym. :rotfl: Just remind yourself that YOU are more important than what ANYONE else thinks. :) Keep it up!!!:hug:

*Sigh* I feel so bad, because I did NOT reach my goals :( I also didn't lose as much this week as I have in past weeks. But I do know why and I'm doing everything I can to combat that this week. One of the reasons I didn't make it last week was I didn't plan my workouts and I didn't track my food. It was an off-week, I got distracted on Monday :sad2: But so far this week I have been on plan and recording my food and planning my workouts! Also this week, I start a new job that will give me a little more of a normal schedule than I had before. The other reason is I have a little *visitor* coming soon...not fun, lol.

And it IS hysterical when someone looks at you in the gym and you smile at them- it's like they don't know what to do next, lmao!! I love doing it sometimes.

I love having a new reader!! It gives me one more person to be accountable for. And I like that :goodvibes

Thanks princesslvr!! I'm excited, people are really reading this, haha! I do emotionally eat a little too much. But I am trying to get better at it; it'll take some time, but I can do it. I haven't done very well on the soda part of the challenge, but the working out part has been easier than I thought! I worked out yesterday pretty hard. Today I just did 30 minutes of cardio.

And can I vent for a second? I'd like to educate people about elliptical etiquette. If there is a row of 6 empty machines with one person using the one on the very end, don't use the one right next to them!!! I mean, really?! I hate standing that close to people I don't know anyway, but to be gross and sweaty and you willingly come stand basically on top of me while I'm trying to sweat it out. Not a good idea first of all (I'm not a desirable sight when I work out) and then it's rude on top of that. I was so irritated I almost left...but then I realized I was NOT going to lose my workout and I only had 20 minutes left in my run. I've waited in line for IASW longer than that! So I did the last 20 minutes, and I used a great trick to get me through the last couple minutes: I closed my eyes and pictured myself running down Main Street, turning the corner into Tomorrowland, and running the last minute to Space Mountain, through the queue, and right up to the ride car :)

I decided I'm gonna have to get some more workout gear. I'm one of those people that has to match, otherwise I don't want to go work anything out, haha! I'm thinking another 10 lbs, and I'll treat myself to a new top :)

Okay, I'm still reading through this, but I had to say something. I feel the exact same way about the bathroom!! If I'm in a stall... don't get in the one next to me if there are others open. :)

OK whoever posted the last post that bumped this on back up on the New Posts - thank you! I am posting this before reading all but I am SO excited!

OP you weighed at the beginning the same weight I am now and your goal is similiar plus I am in pre-reqs for nursing now and planning to go to Disney next year and want to be at goal weight when I go. Only difference - I turned 40 this year!

I am very encouraged about your progress! I can't wait to read all the posts and see how you got there. Good luck on the rest of your journey!:thumbsup2

I will be watching and cheering you on as I get inspiration for my own journey!

OK whoever posted the last post that bumped this on back up on the New Posts - thank you! I am posting this before reading all but I am SO excited!

OP you weighed at the beginning the same weight I am now and your goal is similiar plus I am in pre-reqs for nursing now and planning to go to Disney next year and want to be at goal weight when I go. Only difference - I turned 40 this year!

I am very encouraged about your progress! I can't wait to read all the posts and see how you got there. Good luck on the rest of your journey!:thumbsup2

This might be the first time I was thanked for writing a post about bathrooms. Lol! :lmao:

Okay, I'm still reading through this, but I had to say something. I feel the exact same way about the bathroom!! If I'm in a stall... don't get in the one next to me if there are others open. :)

It irritates me so bad...like, really? You had to get on this machine? Were the other five broken or something? I don't think so, lol.

Whooooo!!!!! Thank you so much! Funny story- my grandmother went back to nursing school when SHE was 40- and had seven kids!! :scared1:

How are you doing on your loss? I have been a little stuck lately, but I can feel another one coming soon...I love that feeling!

Okay, I'm officially back in business, baby! I'm sorry I was gone for so long, but I have good reason. I started a new job that has me up, down, around, and moving all day long. I love it! I'm the new PRN anesthesia tech in the hospital here in town. It's so cool, and I'm learning so much stuff. The only downside? I have to be there at 7am, and I'm so not used to it. I usually work second shift, so it was rough on me to get up at 5:30 for a couple weeks. I think I got it now, though!

Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy to journal, and I backslid a bit. Not by much though, which is fortunate :) I am back on plan officially as of today though!

One thing I do want to share is this: When I was off plan the last couple weeks, I went to a fast-food place and got something I had been craving since I started the Biggest Loser Challenge. I was so ready to just eat it up and drink my big fat sweet tea....and as soon as I got done, I felt so gross. I thought about what I had just put into my body, and felt so bloated (already!) and nasty. It didn't taste the same as I remembered. It was pretty gross to tell you the truth. I wanted to tell you guys this because now I know what to associate with fast food, especially the kind I used to get. It's not a good feeling at all, and I was so glad to be rid of it. And be rid of fast food all together!

Hey girl! We haven't heard from you in a while...just thought I'd check on you. I hope your job is going well and the health stuff is going even better. :thumbsup2 I hope you'll check in soon!!!!

Hey girl! We haven't heard from you in a while...just thought I'd check on you. I hope your job is going well and the health stuff is going even better. :thumbsup2 I hope you'll check in soon!!!!

Girl, I have to admit- I have been so absent because of work this last month, but that's still a bad excuse. I will be on later to do a real entry for the first time in almost a month! I promise!!!

Okay, I must admit. I am a terrible journaler. I forget, I get tired, I make excuses. I am usually late.

But I also admit I have been keeping up with my program and have continued to lose weight, despite not checking in regularly. And I promise to check in at LEAST three times a week from now on!

Things have been crazy for the last few months, especially with my new job. I absolutely love it though! I am learning so much, my boss is awesome, my coworkers are so nice, I can't really complain about anything!

So one of the reasons I want to start journaling again is because of the Weekly Challenge on the Biggest Loser Challenge thread. The challenges this week is to take a couple minutes and write in your health journal what was good about what you did today to reach your goal. Today, what was good was grocery shopping for all my healthy foods to eat for the next couple weeks. I got all natural meats and cheeses, Greek yogurt (yum!), and a cool little protein shake mixer with the little wire ball inside- I can't wait to use it!

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you what was good about it!!

Good job on staying on track...even when your life gets hectic. That's the easiest time to fall off the wagon. So, WAY TO GO!!! I'm glad you like your job and co-workers. It makes such a difference when you enjoy going to work each day. Keep it up girl..and good to hear from you. :)

Good job on staying on track...even when your life gets hectic. That's the easiest time to fall off the wagon. So, WAY TO GO!!! I'm glad you like your job and co-workers. It makes such a difference when you enjoy going to work each day. Keep it up girl..and good to hear from you. :)

Thanks, Doll! It was not easy, but I made it a point and would not budge on healthy choices. That's not to say I didn't have my days where I didn't slip...but I always got right back on the wagon :)

So related to my healthy journey, what was good about today was I stayed on my feet for about three hours at work. I count that as exercise, lol! I work part time now at a store called Aerie. It's the sister store to American Eagle, and they sell all the cute undies and bras and sweats and gym pants and all that. Like Pink by Victorias Secret, but not slutty ;)

I'm off for tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow to check in!

Three days in a row, holy cow! I have to make this entry short, I'm so tired and have to be at work at 6am :scared1:

The positive thing I did for my healthy journey today was I had a super yummy and filling healthy lunch! I made some boiled shrimp with a little bit of Old Bay seasoning (I know, it's mostly salt, but I only used a little bit of it!) a thin slice of really delicious bread, and a salad with carrots, spring mix lettuce, broccoli, and sesame vinaigrette dressing. It was so good! I'll probably end up having that again tomorrow. Tomorrow might be a bit of a challenge- it's the last day to start one of the mini-challenges of eating two serving of dairy per day for three days. I'm thinking an extra glass of milk and some Greek yogurt will be in order.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Not sure if you'll remember me or not, but we were kind of keeping up with each other in our journals last year. I feel off the wagon. I was going through my journal and thought I would check up with you again. I hope you are doing well! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter