"I am so hungry I am going to eat your arm off" Ohh motherly love... A Nov 2013 TR!

High Tea Time!

Soo cute, I would love this on my floors!
2uzt34m.jpg

25tu4x2.jpg

We check in and are seated in this cute little corner.

I love the china they are using, some of the pics had them using the boring white ones. So glad they went back to these.
308y5fl.jpg

We put in our order we went with:
The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine and your choice of tea. Priced per guest.

We figure since this is how we are celebrating our end of our disney trip lets go all out and get the sparkling wine package!

qpjbsz.jpg

I picked out the Princess Breakfast tea — a rooibos with vanilla and strawberry flavors and for the life of me cannot remember what mom picked out but she loved it. I looved my, I like sweeter tea so it worked well for me.
35ndksh.jpg

For the sandwich there is a variety to choose from but I asked for the kids sandwiches since I do not cucumber or egg salad. The fig sandwich was to die for though! Mom loved all the sandwiches. SO no worries if you do not like one of their weird sandwiches they will happily replace it with one of the kids sandwiches like ham sandwich.
Kid sandwiches:
110lu6w.jpg

Adult sandwiches:
wk5mpw.jpg

I do wish they have slightly bigger tables for everything they serve you though.
2ewmu1j.jpg

Next my fav part of high tea patisseries:
Sooo yummy....
29nif4n.jpg

And then dessert....
Our waiter brought around the dessert tray, but I already knew we wanted the English trifle and the strawberries and cream. But our waiter was so kind and let us pick something off the tray too!

I went with the swan since it was soo cute and I found out tasty too!

2r2njp3.jpg

2ensx1u.jpg

4rom84.jpg

Do not get tempted but the yummy looking the pastry tray they show you, pick the strawberries and cream or English trifle you will love it. It was easily the best thing we ate there. :love:

I also mentioned to our wonderful waiter if you guys had Mrs Potts and Chip in the back for us to see. The waiter was not sure and went back to ask and look what he came out with!!!

2d9699f.jpg

I ended up starting a funny little passing game with the other waiters since other tables also wanted to get a pic of Potts too!

At the end of tea, we put down that we were celebrating my B-Day so he gave me a rose and crown, soo cute.

15wf7fb.jpg

Our waiter was very attentive and was good about refilling our tea and always making sure everything was to our liking. He did not rush us out like I have read some people talk about, we felt like we had all the time we wanted and looved he went the extra mile by seeing if he can get Potts out and letting us have an extra pastry!

I highly recommend high tea for people who want to relax that day and also a great place to do a mother/daughter outing.

Next leaving and final wrap up thoughts!

Just read through your entire trip report....really enjoying the details you're sharing! And, of course all the pics! You've shared all kinds of things I have never seen throughout two trips at each DW and US/IOA

Thanks!

Just read through your entire trip report....really enjoying the details you're sharing! And, of course all the pics! You've shared all kinds of things I have never seen throughout two trips at each DW and US/IOA

Thanks!

Yeah! I love hearing that you enjoyed it and that you were able to see some things you have not seen before :) :goodvibes

So sadly we had to leave, since we had an early morning flight we are staying at a hotel that is next to the airport.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites using mom's points again.

Man do we love the room we get in the Embassy suites with separate seating area.
w8rn93.jpg

We came just in time for the free drinks and free snacks. I ordered myself a margarita, mom ordered her diet coke and rum and we just relaxed and ate the free the snacks. This Embassy Suites next to the airport is a little more rundown than the Embassy Suites next to our airport in Denver but it works. Also you can tell it is Thanksgiving week now because it is crowded.

The next morning we woke up, sadly too early to eat their free breakfast :(

The hotel is super close to the airport so we make quickly to the airport and we dropped off the car and checked in. We found out that were again upgraded to first class!!!!:cheer2: Man I loove traveling with mom!

Here is me with my messy hair in first class :cool1:
2mmader.jpg

Final Thoughts:

What we looved:
I started to list off things I liked and it started getting really long, so I deleted it and I am summing it up with basically looving Everything!!

What we disliked:
Being treated like a second class citizen as an off site person. (They seem like they are fixing it with off site people getting fp+ 30 days before your trip)
Them canceling Fantastic because of weather
Gingerbread shingle does not taste good at all

Basically we prove you can have fun in Disney at any age! :cheer2:

One other thought I wanted to add, I really think Universal is putting a lot of money into their parks through HP and they are doing a great job and if Disney does not start putting money into updating their Parks, like updating Epcot and HS they will start losing more and more people to Universal.

Ending on one of my fav pics!
30a9guv.jpg

Wow how much fun you had! I love mother/daughter trips whether it's with my mom or one of my daughters, they are great.
My mom and I went to high tea at the Grand Floridian also, it's one of my favorite memories.
I hope you write a TR for your May trip, I would love to read it. :goodvibes

Wow how much fun you had! I love mother/daughter trips whether it's with my mom or one of my daughters, they are great.
My mom and I went to high tea at the Grand Floridian also, it's one of my favorite memories.
I hope you write a TR for your May trip, I would love to read it. :goodvibes

Thanks, I am soo glad you enjoyed the trip report! We loved the high tea and we are wishing we could have fit it in with our upcoming trip. But yes, I plan on writing another one for our next trip and is so close, yeah!!! :cheer2:

Fabulous job on your TR!!!

Beautiful GF photos! That kid play area at the pool is great --I can see my DD loving that!

Tea looks delish --- a nice, unique afternoon activity that gets you off your feet too!

And, at least if you HAVE to leave WDW, you can do so in first class! Fun surprise!

Fabulous job on your TR!!!

Beautiful GF photos! That kid play area at the pool is great --I can see my DD loving that!

Tea looks delish --- a nice, unique afternoon activity that gets you off your feet too!

And, at least if you HAVE to leave WDW, you can do so in first class! Fun surprise!

Thanks about like my pics :) GF is just gorgeous with all the x-mas decor so it makes it easy.

Hehe, I know, if you have to leave WDW, 1st class is the best way to do it. :cheer2:

Loved reading your trip report, good times : ) especially your tea. I have that Mrs. Potts teapot and love her/it. Bought her 15 plus years ago and chip the cup as well. We will be returning for tea in November. I admire how you both got up so early for the parks. We never seem to get out the hotel until 10 or 11 at the earliest, love to see a rope drop this next time. Fun read along so thank you!!

Just read your TR...you and your mom look like a lot of fun!! I especially loved the beverage pictures :drinking1. Thanks for sharing!

Loved reading your trip report, good times : ) especially your tea. I have that Mrs. Potts teapot and love her/it. Bought her 15 plus years ago and chip the cup as well. We will be returning for tea in November. I admire how you both got up so early for the parks. We never seem to get out the hotel until 10 or 11 at the earliest, love to see a rope drop this next time. Fun read along so thank you!!

That is very cool you have a Mrs Potts teapot and Chip as well, I would love to get one some day :)

Hehe, our the problem have the trip was us trying not to wake up early, we were both too excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter