Hurricane Matthew Closes WDW - Reopens Saturday, October 8th

Well this is making me rethink our 2017 9/30-10/8 trip. Be safe everyone!

I hope your right. I wont stop worrying until i safely landed in florida though.

I just saw this http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ I noticed storm "Nicole" on the map now.

:worried:
Nicole is way out to sea and not expected to effect anything (unless you are heading to Bermuda)

AL1516W5.gif

We are driving in Thursday, ETA 1pm. Should we aim for earlier? We also have mnsshp tix for Thursday night. :(

Heavy rains and wind may result in their giving refunds for MNSSHP when asked, whether it is officially cancelled or not.

I am really hoping SWA jumps on the change bandwagon :( I can't swing the $750 to change the flights (2 people) on my own. If it were more reasonable I would do it.

My son is TERRIFIED of storms and flying into tropical storm winds would not make for a pleasant flight..

Heavy rains and wind may result in their giving refunds for MNSSHP when asked, whether it is officially cancelled or not.

Do you think they'd offer tickets for Friday (if storm gone) or Sunday? We are just there for the weekend, solely for mnsshp!

I am really hoping SWA jumps on the change bandwagon :( I can't swing the $750 to change the flights (2 people) on my own. If it were more reasonable I would do it.

My son is TERRIFIED of storms and flying into tropical storm winds would not make for a pleasant flight..
And AA. I want to change too but until they open the window for a change I can't swing a cost either. The seats left right now are quite limited. We don't have that many flights out of here

And AA. I want to change too but until they open the window for a change I can't swing a cost either. The seats left right now are quite limited. We don't have that many flights out of here
I read on USA Today American was allowing changes!

Delta is now.

& I haven't personally checked the American site but the USA Today article I read listed them.

I called last night and even though they hadn't officially announced a flight change policy they let me change with limited airport fees. I'd give them a call and see what they can do!

Plus, I just can't figure out when to change to. So many things impacted by changing flights
Do I try for Thursday night? I worry that's cutting it too close. We could fly from here or Nashville, since we need to get DGD to her dad's for Fall break. If we leave Thursday morning we have to arrange something else for her to get there
Do I try for Thursday morning? That means another day off work, something neither DH nor I really need to do. So that probably means changing our return flight so we get back on Monday night instead of Tuesday night, shifting our day off
And if we do that, should I just go on and try for Wednesday night?
If I'm coming in on Thursday, or even Wednesday I need to find somewhere to stay, which is another hurdle
It's all giving me quite the headache today

I called last night and even though they hadn't officially announced a flight change policy they let me change with limited airport fees. I'd give them a call and see what they can do!

I've called twice. I am obsessively checking.

We are on the last flight out of CMH THURSDAY

(Edited cause I originally put tomorrow whoops)

I read on USA Today American was allowing changes!

Delta is now.

& I haven't personally checked the American site but the USA Today article I read listed them.
I have checked and they haven't issued alerts for FL. They have for the other locations so maybe that's what the paper was talking about

I've called twice. I am obsessively checking.

We are on the last flight out of CMH THURSDAY

(Edited cause I originally put tomorrow whoops)

Oh wow! I'm surprised they won't let you change it yet. My husband thought I might be jumping the gun to change things up last night, but I' glad I did it now!

Confirmed no updates with AA yet. Still not allowing changes (without a charge)

Sorry :( It said domestic locations in the paper and listed Delta, American, United and JetBlue.

My friend is a FA with AA and is on each in FLL said "what hurricane?"

Oh wow! I'm surprised they won't let you change it yet. My husband thought I might be jumping the gun to change things up last night, but I' glad I did it now!

I wish they would!! I might try again shortly, going to try to pack now and hope for the best!

Now I'm worried, DW and are supposed to fly out of Newark to Orlando on Sunday 10-09 at 6am and the latest shows the storm right over central Jersey at 8am. Not sure if its time to panic yet or not. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter