Hurricane Irma?

He is on the Weather Channel. Has been there over 20 years, it is well known that if Jim Cantore shows up in your town before a big storm of any kind, that your town is supposed to be Ground Zero for the storm.
Google him. He LOVES thundersnow!
Denise

Oh okay. I don't get weather channel. We cancelled cable this year and have PlayStation vue so I'm watching CNN.

He is on the Weather Channel. Has been there over 20 years, it is well known that if Jim Cantore shows up in your town before a big storm of any kind, that your town is supposed to be Ground Zero for the storm.
Denise

He's kinda sexy too. Or he used to be when I still had the Weather Channel. Fios dropped it from our line-up a couple years ago.

Back in the day, I crushed on Mr. Cantore. Now all I have is the Trivago guy.

Well. I think I've hit my Irma saturation point... I've turned off CNN, stored (uninstalled) my weather apps for another day. Going to try to find something on Netflix that is mindlessly entertaining and decompress.

This hurricane stuff is exhausting:sad2:

To those who are where the wind is blowing & rain falling, be safe.
To those who've kept this thread interesting - thanks!

;)

Disney changed their policy for the hurricane. People can bring their pets. And it's not just dogs! There's been lizards, cats, etc.

Disney has definitely allowed all dogs, because I saw a number of dogs over at the Contemporary which were most definitely NOT service dogs. One was practically pulling its owner over and a true service dog would be better behaved than that. I did see a golden doodle that was either a service dog or just as well trained as one because it was sitting very quietly at its handler's feet, completely ignoring all the fuss around it.

Denise
The funny part is Cantore originally went to Miami. Then when the storm changed its path he packed us and drove to Fort Myers. He wasn't gonna miss the scoop on this one.

While I'm not interested in shaming anyone for any choices they made or may make, I do have to agree that Orlando hasn't seen the worst of the storm yet. That said, I don't expect they'll get much but minor localized issues and maybe some tornados. (I lived in Orlando in 2004, when central FL got three hurricanes in one season. We lost power once and some trees were uprooted east of my apartment downtown.)
In North Fl we are predicted to have the same weather as Orlando. at Just 8 tonight the winds began to howl and tornado warnings started just south of us.

The funny part is Cantore originally went to Miami. Then when the storm changed its path he packed us and drove to Fort Myers. He wasn't gonna miss the scoop on this one.
Yeah, I think he has seniority. He goes to Fort Myers and bumps the guy who had been reporting from there all day!
Denise

We were supposed to arrive at WDW 9/10. I called last week and waited on hold for 90 minutes to have the person transfer me to guest services (with another 5 hour hold!) to modify our 3 reservations to arriving on 9/12...but now our flight has been cancelled so I'll need to call back Tuesday to reschedule again. does anyone know if there is a direct number to guest services to avoid the initial wait to be transferred over there? I know they will be the only ones who can adjust all 3 reservations. Thanks!

We are about 50 miles south of WDW - very gusty winds debris flying all over our yard- we still have power for now. Irma cat 2 right now. The scariest we've personally experienced since Charley in 04.

In North Fl we are predicted to have the same weather as Orlando. at Just 8 tonight the winds began to howl and tornado warnings started just south of us.

The wind is blowing pretty good right now(8:23pm)it should stay pretty bad for the next couple hours and start easing off after 12-1am.

Yeah, I think he has seniority. He goes to Fort Myers and bumps the guy who had been reporting from there all day!
Dnise

I live on Eastern Shore of Maryland and whenever there is a tropical storm or hurricane heading toward us people joke that we are good unless Cantore shows up! Then it's time to leave.

Ok this is too funny not to share....

Talking to Winnie (my daughter) about the hurricane. She asked if I'd seen pics of Miami. Told her I wasn't going to Miami, it's way south of Orlando, and the eye was breaking up. She said you mean it's just mra now. I was like what?!? Then she said that the "I" broke up so does that mean it's called Mra now.

She's 18...and she was serious--that's the scary part.

Ok this is too funny not to share....

Talking to Winnie (my daughter) about the hurricane. She asked if I'd seen pics of Miami. Told her I wasn't going to Miami, it's way south of Orlando, and the eye was breaking up. She said you mean it's just mra now. I was like what?!? Then she said that the "I" broke up so does that mean it's called Mra now.

She's 18...and she was serious--that's the scary part.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is no fun :(

The wind and rain has really picked up, it's so noisy outside. My front door keeps rattling, and I'm now down from five palm trees in my yard to two. Power keeps flickering, we've all had an early dinner while we still had a working oven! My 4-year old is refusing to go to bed because the wind and rain are so loud, but thankfully my baby is sleeping right through it all.

There's a frog clinging for dear life to my front door; I would let him in but a) there's no way I'm opening the door and b) I think my cat would eat him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter