Hubby 3 mo. post back surgery with ECV, how to view Fantasmic, ride lines?

imjen

DIS Veteran
Hubby will be 3 months into recovery from major back surgery and cannot walk long distances or stand in place a long time. How can we view Fantasmic and which rides have wheelchair/ECV entrances? Particularly wondering how Peter Pan and Alice work. He won't be going on the extra jerky rides, like Indiana and Matterhorn. Do the handicap lines get really long on most rides or do they offer return times?

Also, can you turn in ECV in early afternoon and return to get it later in the day without paying again? Do they run out?

Hubby will be 3 months into recovery from major back surgery and cannot walk long distances or stand in place a long time. How can we view Fantasmic and which rides have wheelchair/ECV entrances? Particularly wondering how Peter Pan and Alice work. He won't be going on the extra jerky rides, like Indiana and Matterhorn. Do the handicap lines get really long on most rides or do they offer return times?
You get a return time at the exit of the ride. You then return within the timeframe they give you. You can only hold one return time at a time, and they scan everyone's tickets in your party. For Fantasmic! I'd probably recommend you do the Blue Bayou dining, then you can put the ECV along the back rope. Otherwise, you get a FP from the FP machine, and then follow their directions on where you can go (usually far right side of the seating areas.)

Also, can you turn in ECV in early afternoon and return to get it later in the day without paying again? Do they run out?
I would recommend renting off site. Then you can take the scooter back to the hotel. I'm not sure about turning it in.

I agree with the statement about renting off site. Those scooters are better quality and you can take them back and forth to your hotel room. You can always park them in a land and walk around, but that walk back to the hotel on tired legs/hips/back can be brutal...unless of course you're staying at Grand Californian. :)

One other ride I'd probably avoid is Goofy's Sky School. The ride itself isn't fast per say, but those turns are quite jerky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter