How's ABD Doing?

gppnj

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Lately I've been learning a lot about the ABD tours, and a number of them sound wonderful. Based on the itineraries and comments I've read, it really does seem like they've largely succeeded in taking the Disney touch to venues outside of Disney property.

Does anyone know how ABD is doing? Does it seem like this is a venture that's going to be around for a while, or is this one of those gone-before-I-made-it-there things like the Disney Institute?

Lately I've been learning a lot about the ABD tours, and a number of them sound wonderful. Based on the itineraries and comments I've read, it really does seem like they've largely succeeded in taking the Disney touch to venues outside of Disney property.

Does anyone know how ABD is doing? Does it seem like this is a venture that's going to be around for a while, or is this one of those gone-before-I-made-it-there things like the Disney Institute?

I'm not sure when ABD started, but I'm pretty sure they've been around for 5 years at least.

I'm not sure when ABD started, but I'm pretty sure they've been around for 5 years at least.
From what I remember, 2005 was limited departures to 2 destinations (Wyoming & Hawaii), invitation only sort of thing. 2006 was the first year they had multiple tours completely open to the public.

As far as their overall "health", it's hard to say. They over-expanded last year just prior to the economy crashing, and had to cut back quite a bit. But from what I've heard, they've recovered from that as much as any travel company has in this economy, and there's no indication they are going away.

Sayhello

I will be seeing my cousin at Christmas. He works for Disney and is pretty informed about a lot of aspects of Disney. I will be checking with him to see if he has any idea what ABD has planned for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter