Howard Johnson on Harbor?

Thank you everyone for your kind words! Its always great to hear feedback from those of you that have stayed with us. Sound like you guys know your way around our hotel and had great tips too! :thumbsup2

TandLMommy28 and behappyJules so happy that you will be staying with us! If either of you (or any DisBoarder) have any other questions about our property, transportation and tours, or anything that will make your vacation a little easier, please feel free to DM me as well. I am happy help in any way I can!

Kriss :tink:

We just booked 1 room there for our stay in November (we are weirdly splitting half our group there the other half at DLH so we can enjoy the water park as well). My daughter is highly looking forward to it and I like the savings of free parking. We always just buy easy breakfast stuff and drinks for the hotels anyways

I have to agree that Hojo has lovely big rooms and the most comfortable beds ever!! However, we also have recently migrated to Homewood Suites as the cost of staying at Hojo has increased substantially. Last time I went Homewood was $30 per night cheaper plus you get free breakfasts/dinners. I would always still check Hojo prices for upcoming trips though.

I have to agree that Hojo has lovely big rooms and the most comfortable beds ever!! However, we also have recently migrated to Homewood Suites as the cost of staying at Hojo has increased substantially. Last time I went Homewood was $30 per night cheaper plus you get free breakfasts/dinners. I would always still check Hojo prices for upcoming trips though.
This was exactly why we go to homewood. I can’t justify a little closer for more than brand new, and so many meals included, which we took advantage of with toddlers. We were there a week. Another family I helped on these boards was looking for a few days hojo didn’t have. They ended up switching to HS the whole time because it was cheaper. HS has a week discount though so for shorter staya it may not make a price difference. Plus, we have to have a suite for our kids with SPD. For my sis and I we’ll be at bwppi in December. Shorter walk.

Just recently stayed at the Hojo and had a great experience. Really liked the newly renovated room in Building 1 (it was a significant improvement over when we stayed in Building 1 pre-renovation several years ago). The walk really isn't that bad. I recommend crossing to the DL side of Harbor at Manchester, NOT at the main crosswalk entrance farther down by BWPPI. You'll have a much quieter walk and only have to cross one driveway (which is a CM entrance and not heavily used) vs. multiple hotel/restaurant driveways. Then turn into DL just past the bus stop benches. There's a path that there takes you into the DL end of the Harbor security checkpoints and the lines can be MUCH shorter. One of our days the main Harbor entrance was solid people almost all the way back to Harbor but the lines at the far Disneyland end where this path takes you were less than half the length.

Also, Hojo has a DIS discount so take advantage of that too. Their AP discount is even better if that applies to you.

I just wanted to follow up on our experience staying at HOJO and walking to DLR from 11/3 -11/10. When we were trying to cross Harbor Blvd. at Manchester, illuminating the walk sign requires that the button be pushed. It seemed that only the button on the DLR side of Harbor actually triggered the walk sign. We never had a problem turning on the walk sign and crossing Harbor to go back to the hotel, but on two mornings we ended up giving up on waiting for the walk sign, and just continued down Harbor to the main crosswalk, and crossed there. We were rope dropping every morning, so the length of the security lines was never an issue.

Last edited:
So I have stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Plus Inn which literally across the street from the Disney Cross walk and I have stayed at the Hilton in the convention area. The Hilton is an extra two blocks and it wasn't bad in the morning but at night when you are tired it sucked. We ended up taking a cab back even though it was technically only 3 blocks. This will be our first time staying at the Howard Johnson but the walk for me doesn't seem bad at all. It's mainly one long block before you get to the crosswalk.

I just wanted to follow up on our experience staying at HOJO and walking to DLR from 11/3 -11/10. When we were trying to cross Harbor Blvd. at Manchester, illuminating the walk sign requires that the button be pushed. It seemed that only the button on the DLR side of Harbor actually triggered the walk sign. We never had a problem turning on the walk sign and crossing Harbor to go back to the hotel, but on two mornings we ended up giving up on waiting for the walk sign, and just continued down Harbor to the main crosswalk, and crossed there. We were rope dropping every morning, so the length of the security lines was never an issue.
It must be going out! We were there in late October and one morning we had it not work for us too! But the other times it worked fine. I hope the city fixes it. I wonder if theres anyone we can contact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter