• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How would you describe Escape from Gringotts?

surgefest

DIS Veteran
What can you compare Escape from Gringotts to??? I know it sounds like its one of a kind... but if you had to describe it... how would you... is it like another certain ride or a mix of other rides. Also how "thrilling" is it? i've heard mixed reviews about that as well. That beyond the first drop the rest is flat and slow? just curious. thanks for all of your opinions.

We rode it several times in September. Our party consisted of an 88 year old woman in a wheelchair to a 6 year old. Everyone thought it was great fun...so not a lot of thrills if that is what you are after.

You are in a vehicle similar to Dinosaur and you have 3 D glasses. The vehicle is on a coaster track and gets moved along through huge sets with large screens.

Watch a few youtube videos to get an idea.

Nothing thrilling. Watching bits of TV screens between being moved from one place to the other. Even my ten year old had no interest in reriding.

I was very disappointed. They should have made it a proper coaster.

I am not really answering your question properly, because I would be at a loss to compare it to anything else I've ridden in the past. I just wanted to say that I am prone to bad motion sickness, and Gringotts didn't bother me at all. It's innovative, very enjoyable and very well made. I (the ride weenie) rode it several times with my DH and adult DD (the adrenaline rush junkies), always requesting the first row. All 3 of us loved it!

Last edited:

We really liked it......it's fun!!

Is it the most thrilling ride? No. But it's a ride that families can go on together. It's not rough, you do move around but it's quite smooth, and although I don't think I would class the drop as a real drop.....it's still fun.

You don't get flung around the way you do on some other rides........I suffer from motion sickness on certain things like Simpsons and FJ......but had nothing like that on this ride.

We loved the front row too and rode it many times last September.

I would describe it as not at all what I expected. I thought it would be a ride on tracks down to the vaults like in the stories with some 3D bits sprinkled in, but instead, it's a bunch of watching images on a screen. It left me with the impression that they rushed creating it, but I didn't despise it or anything. Hopefully I'll enjoy it more a second time.

It is a ride that gets better each time you ride it. The first time you really don't notice anything but the screens. On subsequent rides you notice all the other cool things going on.

Wow, this is interesting! DH does not do thrill rides. He doesn't even like Test Track (the outside part) or Pirates (the little drop)! I didn't think he could handle Gringotts, but now it sounds like he might be able to. Our first US trip is coming up in April:)

It's an amazing blend of sets and structure that really make you feel you're in the vaults. The integration of the screens is seamless and the 'coaster part is smooth with just enough thrill to it that I'll bet isn't any faster than 7DMT. All that's without taking into account the queue - which is worth the visit by itself.

We absolutely loved it - the whole family. That's 2 thrill seekers and 2 non-thrill seekers.

giphy.gif

Its a dark ride mixed with the 3-D screens with little coaster parts,I like coasters as much as anyone but I think they were smart in not building a full fledged coaster for the main ride.Diagon Alley is the most popular section in any park in Orlando and having this ride not be extreme is very important so pretty much anyone can ride it.You can walk over to the Mummy to get a slightly bigger coaster experience or walk a little more over to Rip Ride Rockit for a more extreme ride.

My best way of describing it is if Spiderman and Revenge of the Mummy had a kid. The ride is on a coaster track like the Mummy and the Cars spin and move like Spiderman. But, the kid does not excel in either area like their parent. The coaster sections are not as intense as the Mummy as others have said it's about as intense but in a different way as 7dmt, and the movements of the cars is not as erratic as Spiderman. One of the early complaints about the ride was the lack of animatronics on the ride itself but, what it lack there it makes up for with the seamless blending of physical set pieces and video projections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter