How To Get Out Of Mk Pretty Quick

COMPSPEED

Earning My Ears
OK, you've stayed through the fireworks at MK and now it's time to head home. If you're not staying at a Disney Resort you have the task of swimming through a sea of humanity that's attempting to board the ferry or the monorail. Take note that there are two tracks that the monorails travel. One is designated for the resorts but there aren't any restrictions as to who can ride on the resort loop monorail. You'll notice this is the inside track closest to Seven Sea Lagoon and travels clockwise if you're facing the Magic Kingdom. Once it leaves the MK it travels to the Contemporary for a short stop and then to the TTC. Voila! Your're off to your car or bus while most of the folks are still waiting for the next monorail. We just got back from WDW and had my dear MIL with us and she was impressed that we were able to walk right on the monorail while hundreds were waiting in line on the other side. Can't promise it will be this easy to get on all the time but my experience shows it always much quicker.

We did this very thing the other night. There were still lots of people in line for the resort monorail but nothing compared to the one for TTC.

I we have been asked which resort we are going to when boading the resort monorail. I'd be prepared with an answer, LOL. they didn't check our IDs but they were asking....

as far as parking at the CR, they issue parking passes now, usually for 3 hours. they check your name on the PS list if you are eating there, and the guard always asks why you are there. We even got a pass when we were buying tickets from SoG.

as always, it is never the same way twice. what works for one family might not work for another :)

The other night when we left MK there was so many people trying to board the resort monorail there was no way they could have checked everyones ID. I think at that point they just want to get everyone out of the park.

Earlier in the evening the monorail to the MK broke down and they put everyone on the resort monorail.

They never ask for ID...no where on the sign does it say Resorts Exlusive. If they ask where we are headed, we say TTC, they say, Okay. But if this gets out to too many people it won't be a short line much longer. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter