• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to do it??

gemanda

Mouseketeer
I keep seeing on these boards that a great way to raise money is to sell old things...

I started doing the Amazon, and I have netted about $150 in the last 3 weeks...happy there!! :-)

The ebay is my problem. We need to clean out our closets and would LOVE to get cash for some of the nice stuff instead of just giving it to Goodwill. BUT...clothes without a picture don't sell. We don't have a digital camera or scanner. So in order to maybe make some money listing things, we'd have to spend a decent amount first!!

I was hoping to find a consignment shop, but I can't seem to do so!! That does and doesn't amaze me--yes, DC is huge and there should be some in my area. But it also has some of the most arrogant people on this planet, and they would keel over dead before stepping foot into a second-hand store....

Any ideas?? Help????

Welcome to the Dis!!

Try short distance outside of the area you live in for consignment shops. Libraries have many phone books outside local areas, so you should be able to find one relatively near by.

Good luck

Can you borrow a friends camera??? We too have not gotten a digital camera yet (my daughter's Barbie camera doesn't cut it). You're right, things won't sell without a photo. It may be best to try and find a consignment out of your area. We have several near here that buy the clothes from you and then sell them. Actually a used clothing store. They like name brands, but they certainly don't give ou what I've seen E-bay going for.

I don't have either of those things . A really ceap way to do it is , get some film , take a picture of all the stuff you want to sell on ebay , then go have it developed on a computer disk , in fact Wal-mart usually uploads the pictures to the internet for free if you check the box , then all you have to do is make a link . Thats what I do .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter