How to convert from Disney to Universal

dlbbwu

Tennis player and USTA official
We have been Disney people for the last ten years (just returned from a trip in March). Now my wife says how about Universal in June. I don't know where to start and need help. I know all about rates and rooms at Disney, havent got a clue about Universal. We always stayed at the Poly in Disney, what is compariable to the same room size? Where do I get the best deals?...Please someone help me get started. Thanks!

If you have stayed at the Poly, most people say that the RPH is comparable to the Poly, I don't think so. ... Money wise, what you pay at the Poly is what you will pay at PBH (Italian themed). The RPH is a Polynisian theme but nothing like the Poly...they are tall towers as opposed to 3 story longhouses. You can get the RPH for as low as you can get the AKL & WL at Disney. Then there is the HRH.... that's Rock & Roll all the way. You can get rooms there for as low as $125-$145. There are Entertainment Card Rates, AAA Rates, AP Rates, FAN Club Rates and FL Resident Rates....as well as Rack rates... this is just a start for you....

If you go over to the other board..... US/IOA forums, there is a lot of info avail. from all the room discounts, to rooms sizes etc... There are the AP rates, Ent. rates, AAA rates, fan club, etc.......... all the info you could ever want!

I know last aug. when we stayed at the RPR, we got the ent. rate of $110.00 a night, with excellent views of Hulk......... it was awesome. The RPR is gorgeous, And the fotl (front of the line) for hotel guest is the most amazing thing, with your resort room key, you get fotl on every ride, (except for a couple, like pterandon flyers) for as many times as you want.......... YES, you can ride hulk 45 times in a row, going in the express line, usually not waiting more than 5 - 10 minutes, and sometimes just walking on, when wait times are 90 mins. that's just amazing!!!! It is awesome!! My sons rode every single ride about 100 times....... ( we were there 8 days) each resort offers this, so it doesn't matter which one you choose. The fotl is from the moment you check in, until the end of the day, the day you check out. So, check in early, even if your room isn't ready, so that you get your room key and go!!! It's really great, especially at crowded times.

Also, the Ent. rate was cheaper than the AP rate, which we also had. The Ent. books are now avail. for $10.00, and with the card in the book you get the discount on your room, it also has tons of other discount coupons. You don't need the orlando book, any book will do, they all have the same card in the back of the book that you will need to show at check-in, should you go with the ent. rate. ( Last year we bought the orlando book, and wished we had bought the baton rouge (where we live) book, so we could've used it more!!)

What you need to do first is decide on which resort you want to stay at,(reviews are avail. also under the trip forum) then call that resort, ask about your dates, and what discount rates are avail., then decide which discount rate is best for you. Links to answer all your ???'s are on the other board.

You can also go to Loews website ( they own US/IOA) and become a Loews member....... it's free, and upon check-in you can upgrade your room, and get some very nice perks, i.e. cookies, fruit, wine, the newspaper........ etc.

If you do decide to use the ent. rate...... should it be the most economical, then you can get your book at....

www.entertainment.com

There is also a lot of discussion about tickets........ for example, the AP is now avail. with a code from Burger King, (6106111030025) for a 2 year AP for the price of one year!!!!! A fantastic deal!!! ( we did it last year) if you go that route, you go to the Univeral website, and buy the ticket online, using the code above, and you can pick up your ticket at the kiosk at the park!! Plus with the AP, you get discounts on food, gifts, etc.... and free parking at the park. There are also deals on other tickets.

So please post your questions over on the other board, you'll get a lot of help. I'll look for your post and try to help if I can.

Good Luck!!!

I would recomend the 2 year pass as u will get hotel restaurant merchandise discounts plus the entry to park well worth it and I would recomend RPR as a great resort staff wise and theming wise u are only a 5-10 min walk way from parks at a relaxed stroll
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter