How to avoid catching a cold at WDW?

I wear clear, plastic disposable gloves when dining at a buffet restaurant.

I really appreciated the way the buffet was served on my last cruise. They had gloved food workers serving the food. At regular serve-yourself buffets, I fix my plate and then go wash my hands before eating. No gloves needed!

I clean our hotel room with Clorox wipes as soon as we get in the room. You would be surprised how dirty the wipes are when I am done! I wipe down all the handles and light switches in the room. Wipe down the bathroom counter and sink handles. Clean the toilet seats and handles. The TV remote goes in a ziplock bag. In the plane we never use the tray tables. We buy a bottle of water before getting on the plane to avoid spilled drinks since we aren't using the tray table. Plus it is always nice to know i have a drink on hand in case they can't serve beverages because of turbulence. Haven't been sick since we started do this practice. Before hand we always seemed to get sick after a trip to WDW and sometimes while we were there. But not anymore! We also carry hand sanitizer with us at all times. When we stop at Target to buy snacks before checking in, i pick up a pump bottle of hand soap. Nothing like touching a slimmy bar of soap that been sitting in the nasty soap dish.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter