How safe is Ghost rider?

old lady

DIS Veteran
Is it safe? It is the wooden roller coaster at Knotts Berry farm. Is it still around?

I guess its as safe as any roller coaster. Yes its still around I rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Its real shaky imo but most wooden coasters are.

It shakes pretty violently and you feel like it might fly off it's tracks lol! i guess it's safe though if you keep your arms down.

I thought I was having a legitimate heart attack while riding it - chest pains, trouble breathing-I went on all the extreme coasters that day but I may have actually cried because I wished I could get off this one mid-ride. I have done extreme coasters in parks around the country. I have no clue what was so bad about Ghost Rider but I wanted my mommy lolol.

Rode it way back when it first opened (haven't been to Knott's since then). I was stressed that a ride would need seat belts AND a lap bar! First drop, found out why! Couldn't breath, couldn't scream, wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. Loved the ride...it was just like riding an old wooden coaster! I rode it several more times that day. I think it only seems 'unsafe'... After all, if it weren't, the government would put pressure on the park till they closed it.

It's my favorite wooden coaster. It makes a lot of noise and has great drops. It's safe, though. It just feels like it isn't.

I moved this to the theme parks board.

Very safe. You have a MUCH higher chance of getting injured or killed driving to Knott's then riding GhostRider.

It's a very rough and aggressive ride. You've been warned.

It's plenty safe, but it is rough and can be painful. I used to LOVE that ride back in the early 2000s, but it has gotten awfully rough since then. Or maybe I have gotten older and more sensitive to those things - I am in my late 20s after all. :lmao:

Anyway, it's a very fun ride, especially that first drop, but it is NOT smooth.

sonnyjane said:
I thought I was having a legitimate heart attack while riding it - chest pains, trouble breathing-I went on all the extreme coasters that day but I may have actually cried because I wished I could get off this one mid-ride. I have done extreme coasters in parks around the country. I have no clue what was so bad about Ghost Rider but I wanted my mommy lolol.

I felt the same way! I love coasters, but Ghost Rider just hurt to ride. I felt like my lungs were getting bruised by my ribs. I couldn't wait to get off. Didn't have that feeling on any other coaster in the park - and I rode them all!

It didn't seem unsafe, I wasn't scared or anything, I was just in pain.

I felt the same way! I love coasters, but Ghost Rider just hurt to ride. I felt like my lungs were getting bruised by my ribs. I couldn't wait to get off. Didn't have that feeling on any other coaster in the park - and I rode them all!

It didn't seem unsafe, I wasn't scared or anything, I was just in pain.

Exactly this. When we went in May, my back was hurt, along with my right Achilles tendon from bracing myself. It was so rough I thought I had torn it. It hurt to walk and I couldn't extend my foot (think walking on your toes). Went to first aid to have it checked out, and they just wrapped it and said it wasn't torn. Still hurts, on occasion.

Sidenote: I blacked out on -and my cousin got a pretty bad concussion from- Silver Bullet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter