How rough are the seas on the European cruises??

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Looking at doing one of the European cruises in 2024 May-June. How rough are the seas since some look to be more exposed to ocean currents. I can get seasick (do bring meds etc) just want to get opinions.

TIA

The Mediterranean cruises are the calmest seas
The repositioning from Mediterranean to Dover has a rough bit in the middle , the part up the coast of Portugal to France, The Bay of Bascay / Atlantic ocean.
The North Europe cruises depends on the locations / ports.
Over and back to Iceland can be rough, but around The British Isles wont be as rough.
Dover to Copenhagen and The Baltics wont be that rough.
From Dover to Norway can be rough, but the Norwegian Fjord ports wont be as rough.

The Mediterranean cruises are the calmest seas
The repositioning from Mediterranean to Dover has a rough bit in the middle , the part up the coast of Portugal to France, The Bay of Bascay / Atlantic ocean.
The North Europe cruises depends on the locations / ports.
Over and back to Iceland can be rough, but around The British Isles wont be as rough.
Dover to Copenhagen and The Baltics wont be that rough.
From Dover to Norway can be rough, but the Norwegian Fjord ports wont be as rough.
Thanks. All helpful info!

We will probably be doing the 7 night British isle cruise. Covers a lot of areas we are interested in seeing.

Thanks for your input.

I think it's really hard to know. We had some pretty rough seas going from one particular port in Norway to another. It was pretty bad (and I had a patch on). Then the sail to Iceland, which many expected to be rough, was fine, as was the one leaving Iceland. It was smooth sailing all the way down to Dover, not something I'd expect. My takeaway is that you might think the North Sea will be bad and that the Med may be smooth, but there's really no way to tell.

I always wear (prescription) patch on cruises after rough seas on Caribbean itinerary. Our last DCL Med cruise was almost like being on a lake - unbelievably calm. I think the first port on transatlantic cruise this year was cancelled due to rough seas/tropical depression.

I plan on getting the patch. Going in the Wish next summer and get a bit 🤢 on the first night along FL.

Just out of our first Med cruise. Most of the day winds shown as 2-4 on the Beaufort scale, with a few hours on the last Day at Sea at Beaufort 7-8. Still somehow smooth midship though if you were on the jogging track forward you would definitely feel you were on a roller coaster.

Did two tastings that day and both hosts joked that if they swinged it was not they were drunk but because of the waves.

N European can get very rough. It was so bad one of our days people were avoiding the stairs. With that said, even though I get motion sick on a merry go round, I was fine other than a mild headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter