How Prepared Are You?

We are lightly to medium prepared for a natural disaster. Not through any conscious preparedness, but just because my husband sees scarce Trader Joe’s seasonal items as a competitive sport and we have too much food for our needs.

For the zombie apocalypse, I have no interest in surviving and reestablishing a society with those that are will to shoot others to survive for themselves. I’m out. Like immediately. My family has permission to eat me if food is scarce (and feed me to the cats, too).

it's not cheap but if you are on a well and live in an area where temps drop below freezing you might want to look into a generator that powers your well. if power is off long enough your pipes can freeze and when power is restored and the well kicks back on you can have thousands of dollars in burst pipes.

so true-and coffee lovers need to keep in mind that if they are fans of whole bean vs. ground to either have some ground on reserve or a means to grind those beans. we had neighbors who thought to have an old school camper's coffee pot for their woodstove but did'nt think about how to grind their coffee beans, lucky for them we have a manual coffee grinder we could loan.
We do have a generator! We have had one since the late 1990's and are hard wired and would never be without.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter