How often do you talk to your parents?

I talk to my parents daily. My hubby typically calls his mom daily on the car drive home from work.

I clearly suck as a daughter. My father passed years ago and I only talk to my mom a few times a month. I text my brother most days though. I should call my mom tomorrow.

Same here. I used to call her more often. But we both get busy. Yadda yadda yadda. And, apparently, I've taught my dd the same bad habits. We can go over a month without talking. But when she does call we'll can talk between 3-5 hrs( same with my Mom, more on the 1-2 hr though). That has shortened a bit since she has had her baby. With both of them we do text more often.
As far as my Dad goes--I do talk to him quite a bit. Yes, he has passed but there are times I just need to tell him things or just say hi, I miss you :)

Both of mine have passed, in the last decade. I used to talk to them at least 2 or 3 times a week, and see them often as they lived nearby.

It makes me sad to hear about people who are estranged or have poor relationships with their parents. I had wonderful, supportive and loving parents, and I miss them a lot. However, I realize now how fortunate I was and know that not everyone has that kind of family dynamic.

OP, enjoy the closeness with your mom and dad. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. If all of you are happy, that’s all that matters. It is perfectly normal.

I text my mother everyday - multiple times a day. We talk at least 4 days a week on the phone. We are very close. I pretty much tell her everything.
I talk to my father if he answers the phone. He doesn't text, but we do email each other sometimes.

Usually talk to Mom through facebook nearly every day. On the phone it was once a month but now I try to call her once a week since my Dad passed.

I used to talk to Dad once a month. He passed away in early August. I have a voice mail message from him I'm trying to figure out how to save (android phone) so I will have his voice saved someplace if I can figure it out. (My current computer doesn't have a microphone hookup so I can't do it by linking my phone to computer the way I used to).

I talk to my mom almost daily and my dad 4-5 times a week on average. Sometimes it’s really quick, but it’s rare for me to not have some sort of interaction with at least one of them once a day.

Every single day. Dad is gone for 3 years now, but even when he was alive, every day. Plus we live a couple blocks from each other so we'd see them at least twice a week. And the same for me and my girl....sophomore in college, I couldn't imagine not "talking" to her once a day. It just feels normal, not sure if its the Greek or Italian in us or the old neighborhood we live in....but I wouldn't change it for the life of me.

Not very often. We don't live near each other, and none of us are big phone talkers. I would never, ever call anyone just to "chat;" there would always be a reason. We probably only talk on the phone about half a dozen times a year. We do have a group chat with my two brothers and occasionally that sees some activity. I see my dad about once or twice a year and my mom two or three times.

The funny thing is that I feel quite close to them. When we get together it's like no time has passed and we're as close as ever and enjoy each others' company. We just aren't people who need to be in close contact.

I would have to hire a medium! :scared:

Same here. I lived with them for many years, especially after Mom got cancer, and we were always very close. There would be some kind of contact daily. My sister was content with once a week contact, but was also very close to them. I miss them both so much . . .:( Spend time with the ones you love. You will never regret spending too much time, only too little.

Before my mam passed away in July we would speak several times a day just rubbish like look at this on QVC what do you think lol. I really miss those silly conversations.

I text or Facebook message my mom off and on throughout the day usually but no matter what it’s at least once a day. I only talk to my dad when I see him so about once a year.

My Mom is in a nursing home-she used to live with us. We are very close. We talk 3 times a day and she texts me as well. We don’t talk long-in fact our last chat is the final Jeopardy question. My dad has died.

My father is gone.
My mom I talk to her maybe once every 3 weeks. Sometimes more often . Sometimes less.
She doesn’t text.
She does participate in family emails.
My siblings and I also sometimes text each with mom updates if someone was talking to her.
Husband talks to his mom weekly.

I speak to my mother (via phone or text) every few weeks, maybe? We get along, but aren't really close. I honestly have NO idea what I would talk to her about if I were to call more frequently.
This! I should have read all replies first.
My mom is just not a big girlfriend type. Not a big chatter. I live in the same city and haven’t seen her in 2 months. But we have bern away on vacation, busy with back to school. And she’s busy and bern away some.

I call my mother once or twice a year. My family is not big on mindless chatter and we all hate phones.

My father is dead (*cheer*) but prior to that, the last time we talked was 1991.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter