How often do you come with 300+ points

400 points. We go pretty much every calendar year, but trips end up being about a year and a half apart or a little more than that to get the points to work for 6 nights in a grand villa. We stagger staying in grand villas that are less points and more points. There are 9 of us who usually stay together.

Last edited:
IMO, you will be frustrated more often than not if you only book 30-90 days out. See for yourself by following this "snapshot of availability" at 60 days. It's updated every week by DVC and you do not need to be a member to see it.

Resort Availability: Stays in the Next 60 Days

Of course, the closures and situation due to COVID-19 has changed everything for at least the near future. You can safely ignore whatever it says re June openings. Traditionally, there has been only very limited availability for studios (often none) and sometimes a few 1 Bedrooms at SSR. Usually, there are only Poly bungalows available or rooms at Aulani.
Thank you for this! I’ve bookmarked it.

We usually always go in Jan. Now that I'm retired we go for two weeks at WDW and this past year we did a week at VB. We plan to do the same this year. This year we will have a one bedroom at BW standard view and hopefully one week in one bedroom at VB if I can make that reservation.

This past Jan our DD and family joined us for the first week so we had a 2 bedroom BW view and the second week was in a studio followed by one week in one bedroom at VB. I have to say it was hard for me to go from the 2 bedroom to a studio, I was spoiled the first week. LOL! ;)

We usually carry over points from the previous year so we can occasionally do larger family vacations in a GV. That was the original plan for this past Jan but our DDIL broke her ankle and had to have two surgeries to get it fixed and wasn't able to make the trip. :guilty:

1060 pts (multiple contracts)
April/May
2 weeks in a 1 bdrm (DD & myself)
8 days in a studio (for our son & his GF)
Oct/Nov
2 weeks in a 1 bdrm (DH & myself)
8 days in a studio (for our son & his GF)
Early Dec
2 weeks in studio (this is our first year doing Dec, & will likely go for a 1 bdrm if we find we like the time of year)

The long term plan is to visit WDW for around three weeks a year, split into two trips, staying primarily in 2BR villas. It would likely be a couple of weeks during summer break and a week during some other school break. The remaining points would be used at VGC when possible since we drive there. Some years we may visit Aulani instead of one of the WDW trips.

Currently, we're in the phase of life where pregnancy and having babies is leading to longer breaks in between trips, so we'll have a year where we don't go at all and bank all of our points, and then do a bunch of trips the following year. This year, due to the pandemic, we are banking a lot of points into next year that were originally planned for WDW and Aulani trips in April and July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter