How Much?!!!!

Lisa01

Earning My Ears
Ok, three passes for Horror Night early in September with express pass ... $702.84! Really???!!! Am I the only one who is sick to death of these corporations taking advantage of us?

Last edited:
No one is forcing anyone to go to HHN. If it is not a good value for someone, they are free to give it a pass and do something else. If a person does choose to go, then they must feel it’s a good value for their money. That doesn’t necessarily equate to a low price.
I was waiting for your comment!

What is the price if you don’t purchase the Express Pass ?

I have the Premiere AP for USO and they actually offer one free entry with this level AP on certain nights … Seems pretty generous to me in comparison to other Halloween events around town .

Ok, three passes for Horror Night early in September with express pass ... $702.84! Really???!!! Am I the only one who is sick to death of these corporations raping us?

Let's get back on the actual topic of out of control ticket prices.

Someone is going to post this tidbit so I'll just get it out of the way, Don't go. but that's not really the point is it (hypothetically).

You need to look at the whole picture @Lisa01
Do you have any idea how many Universal Team Members it takes to make this event happen? The cost of the makeup, costumes, rehearsals, decorations and building sets. Months of planning and having a whole amusement park with more TM's at your disposal. This isn't childs play, this is serious competitive business and it comes with a price tag.

Just keeping it real.

I'm not sure you can go else where without paying a similar price for this caliber of an experience. :flower3:

Halloween Horror nights are popular. I like that they have so many ticket options. And I really can’t fault Universal for pricing the express pass on these tickets the way they do.

The regular ticket prices without express pass seem reasonably priced. I don’t know how much you’d get done but it would be cheaper to go for 2 nights without express pass if you can swing it.

Ok, three passes for Horror Night early in September with express pass ... $702.84! Really???!!! Am I the only one who is sick to death of these corporations taking advantage of us?

The event ticket is $80 in early September, less than Disney’s Halloween party. Which has no such option, so everyone stands in line. You don’t have to buy Express Pass if you don’t think it’s worth the money, just stand in line. A lot of people are fine buying extras. It’s an option for those that want it, not a requirement.

The tickets themselves are not expensive, you're paying the premium for express pass and it is worth to me.

I go to HHN at USH but the wait times are insane - we saw some with 2-3 hours waits. With express we were able to do every house and the tram. People pay just for the admission ticket and only get to experience 2-3 houses.

What is the price if you don’t purchase the Express Pass ?

I have the Premiere AP for USO and they actually offer one free entry with this level AP on certain nights … Seems pretty generous to me in comparison to other Halloween events around town .
It's only $79.99; however, my kids went last year, and without the express pass, they only got in to two of the haunted houses the whole night. The lines are ridiculos.

The event ticket is $80 in early September, less than Disney’s Halloween party. Which has no such option, so everyone stands in line. You don’t have to buy Express Pass if you don’t think it’s worth the money, just stand in line. A lot of people are fine buying extras. It’s an option for those that want it, not a requirement.
Very true; however, if you want some value for even the $80, you kind of have to add on the express. At $40, it's absolutely highway robbery. Yes, my opinion and option, but come on, let's suck the people dry.

Let's get back on the actual topic of out of control ticket prices.

Someone is going to post this tidbit so I'll just get it out of the way, Don't go. but that's not really the point is it (hypothetically).

You need to look at the whole picture @Lisa01
Do you have any idea how many Universal Team Members it takes to make this event happen? The cost of the makeup, costumes, rehearsals, decorations and building sets. Months of planning and having a whole amusement park with more TM's at your disposal. This isn't childs play, this is serious competitive business and it comes with a price tag.

Just keeping it real.

I'm not sure you can go else where without paying a similar price for this caliber of an experience. :flower3:
I understand what you are saying. I am not unreasonable, but they are taking advantage of people. If they charge $80 for a ticket, and you only get into 2-3 haunted houses the whole night due to long lines, they are making out like bandits. To then charge an additional $140 to get to the front of the line ONE time per house is again being greedy. Just my opinion, obviously. By the way, we aren't going! If others would take a stand, maybe this crap would end.

I'm glad we can agree to disagree especially on an open forum.
Why not send a letter/email to guest services or the big cheese and ask them to consider another ticket option that's more affordable.

It's only $79.99; however, my kids went last year, and without the express pass, they only got in to two of the haunted houses the whole night. The lines are ridiculos.
That’s all about strategy. You want scream early or resort entrance. You also want to pick a route and no when to skip a house and come back for it. Also get as much done as you can early, the lines only get worse. Don’t waste prime time in food lines or eating. That’s my 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter