How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

About $2800 + food ($500?). 3 nights at GCH, Club Level, for family of 4. This will be our only Disney "vacation" this year. We are local, so no travel expense.

We have Dream Keys, so park tickets have been paid for since last August when we purchased them.

I will also have about $800 in Disney Visa Rewards dollars to apply towards the room, so total out of pocket should be just around $2500. This will be over 4th of July weekend.

@lsutigers03...is one of the DVC renting sites selling points for $10 each, or did you get a great deal from a friend/relative?
You can get confirmed reservations for as low as $10 per point if you can travel within a week or two but I rented from a friend. I'll update my post so it's more clear.

$7300 for a one week trip for six adults in Orlando over spring break. This also includes some theme park tickets and some meals for two other adults who live in the area (day at Busch Gardens for cousin who lives in Tampa) and (SeaWorld season pass and day at Epcot for nephew who lives in Orlando).

We get by with $50 pp per day for meals, as we eat counter service at parks and do some cooking in at the condo. We also have a resort day where we'll go to my nephew's house in Orlando and have a BBQ there one evening. We also have a paddle board nature excursion day and another BBQ around Coco Beach. Those big BBQs are fun and less expensive than eating out.

Air was a lot pricier than I have paid for other spring break trips. $400 - $500 pp. I had some frequent flyer miles I was able to use for just some of the people (three out of the six). Otherwise this would have been a budget buster.

We are staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (six of us in a two bedroom / two bath condo) -- great place and pretty economical. (Timeshare trade for resale condo we have in Sedona, so our $800 maintenance fee plus a $250 exchange fee) -- so that comes out to about $150 a night for a place that sleeps the six of us pretty comfortably and is a great family hang out place too with nice amenities (balcony, pool, hot tub, 10 lighted tennis courts for the tennis playing family -- pretty sweet).

We are doing a day at SeaWorld, two days at Disney, and four are doing a park to park day and Universal with a one time express pass. That Universal day was an expensive splurge for the 20 somethings by me ($340 pp for that -- ouch - about 200 for the park to park one day tickets about about $130 for the one time express passes). The same day the four are going to Universal/IOA, two of us will visit my cousin in Tampa and all go to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is a pretty inexpensive add on to SeaWorld. A combo tickets to those two parks is $120 pp, so just $60 pp per park day plus parking. I budgeted for LL and Genie + for the Disney days too.

If you have not already purchased your Express Passes, consider booking a one night "throwaway room" at one of their Premier resorts. All you have to do is show up at the hotel at 7:00 a.m. and check in, then 4-5 people (depending on which resort and room type) get free unlimited Express Pass for the day of check in and the next day (but I know you only need the one day this time). LOTS of people do this because the room cost is almost always less than purchasing EPs individually. Most people never even go to the room, but some use it to take mid day breaks.

WDW:
3 nights on DVC points in studio (500)
1 day ticket for 2 people (280) (DD1 is free)
Gas estimate (160)
Food estimate (300)
Total estimate: 1240

Disney Hilton Head Island:
2 nights in DVC points in studio (450)
Gas estimate (50)
Food estimate (200)
Total estimate: 700

Three adults,8 nights, 6 day tickets

Port Orleans Riverside 5 nights $1508
AKL Jambo Studio 3 nights rented points $1290
Rental Car $274
Parking,gas, tolls $160
Tickets $1700
Flights $300 ( the rest was points and companion voucher)
Food and spending $1700

Grand Total $6432 …
This trip has been cancelled and rebooked a few times since 2019. I recorded the costs but much of it was funded through side money from things like birthdays, Christmas, credit card points, cash back apps, rebates etc etc. I would say the cash outlay from the trip budget was closer to $4500.

family of 3
8 nights / 6 park days (4 base get 2 free)
food $1000
tickets $1500
flights $600-1800
ground $100
dvc
$3-4k
We usually get 2 of our flights on points and food on discounted gift cards. Dues not included in total.

We did one trip for 6 nights in 2022 and have another coming up in November for 10 nights. This is for 2 adults and 2 children.
-DVC stay in January in 1 bedroom at BCV (based on 178 points calculated using our cost per point plus dues per point): $2,084
-Current DVC stay in November in 1 bedroom at BWV for 7 nights (based on 220 points calculated using our cost per point plus dues per point): $2576
-Current DVC stay November ocean view inn at Vero for 3 nights (based on 50 points calculated using our cost per point plus dues per point): $586
-Annual passes renewed with DVC gold pass renewal vouchers (purchased before the change to Sorcerer’s passes): $2603 (these cover the entire January trip and 5 days of the November trip)
-Airfare in January: $700
-Airfare in November: $1107
-Standard SUV rental in January: $575
-Standard SUV rental in November: $509
-Food in January: $300
-Souvenirs in January: $300
-Anticipated food in November: $1000 (we try as many of the holiday themed snacks as possible)
-Anticipated souvenirs in November: $300

Current total for 2 2022 trips (16 nights total): $12,640

Edited 3/2022 to account for actual food costs plus groceries.

Edited 7/27/2022 to account for November plans, actual flight and rental costs, etc.

Last edited:
4 Disney adults since my 16 and 12 year olds count as adults now.

7 nights renting DVC points for the Poly: $2882
1 night offsite: $125
5 day hoppers with water park option and genie +: $2817
Food, including some offsite meals: $2000
Breakfast box: $88
Magic bands: $100
Souvenirs: $300
Gas: $300 (who knows if this will even be enough)
Total: $8612

I really wanted to do an all inclusive in Jamaica or something but I was outvoted. I just don’t think the value is there any long. Not looking forward to this Genie+ stuff and I’m not planning to buy any lightning lanes if I can get away with it.

From a money-conscious perspective, here’s how we do it. I work freelance on top of a full-time job and am using money from that to take this trip.

2 “adults” (one is 13) and a child:
1 night Airbnb to split up drive from ATL: $75
4 nights @ All Star Sports: $645
3 3-day park hopper tix: $1600
Food and misc budget: $500

Total for this rounds up to $2900. Let’s just say $3k!

One Adult , DVC stay 5 nights AKL value studio ( 40 points x $8/point dues) in December = $320
5 day ticket = $575
Estimate $50/day for food
Transportation - co. vehicle, co. gas $0, snacks $25 = $25
Parking = $0

And I already have about $350 in Disney Gift cards and another $100 in restaurant gift cards to help offset some of this.

Total (estimated) = Approximately $1,100

One Adult , DVC stay 5 nights AKL value studio ( 40 points x $8/point dues) in December = $320
5 day ticket = $575
Estimate $50/day for food
Transportation - co. vehicle, co. gas $0, snacks $25 = $25
Parking = $0

And I already have about $350 in Disney Gift cards and another $100 in restaurant gift cards to help offset some of this.

Total (estimated) = Approximately $1,100
Now that's the way to do it!

After already paying the cost for DVC a WDW trip can be extremely inexpensive, especially when you buy groceries, spend a lot of time at the resorts, and avoid shopping =). My last 7 day trip to Polynesian cost less than 500.00 but it does help when you live somewhat close and don't have to pay for plane tickets.

After already paying the cost for DVC a WDW trip can be extremely inexpensive, especially when you buy groceries, spend a lot of time at the resorts, and avoid shopping =). My last 7 day trip to Polynesian cost less than 500.00 but it does help when you live somewhat close and don't have to pay for plane tickets.

I agree, it does! Since I bought AKV when it was first offered I'm sure if I wanted to sell it would go for more than I purchased it for, which is why I used the calculation cost of dues only. I actually have 4 trips booked for later this year but with the current AP situation I haven't decided which ones I will or will not do. I chose this one to post about since it's probably the one of the four I would most likely keep.

nights at Royal Pacific and 2 park to park tickets for Universal for 4 - Using points (Chase Sapphire Preferred
@lsutigerr03 curious, have u received the free express benefit by booking a room there via CSP travel site? I had wanted to do that but it only mentioned the early entry.

+We fly from Hawaii and rely on credit card travel rewards. For our fall trip, we paid $1200 for 7 of us.
+We are foodies, so hoping DP will return then
+using our Chase card reward for the Hyatt airport stay for early departure
+we are DVC. so rooms are paid for.

$5100 - 7 nights BLT 2 br rented points
$1300 - 3 5 day ph g+ military tix
$300 - gas
$3000 - food, groceries, souvenirs

$9700

Room 2200
Plane 550
Tickets 600 (AP cut in half since we used twice )
Food 1200
Money to spend 300

So for 2 of us about 5k. But this is befor discounts used with points such as gift cards, rewards and such. If I take into account all that and not count the AP price since it's been payed awhile.

3200 for 7 days @ Swan reserve

Last edited:
Some of these totals are really, really high -- more than I'd be willing to pay.

My adult children have requested that we switch to Yellowstone instead of Disney for our big-family vacation, but when we were planning a 2022 Disney vacation for us and our adult children, this is about how our numbers were shaping up:

- This is for 5 adults and 1 toddler /8 nights in the low-cost month of September
- Rent a 4-bedroom condo off-site for about $900
- 4 days of park tickets -- about $2500
- 4 lunches in the park -- budgeted $600
- Meals in the condo -- breakfasts and several dinners -- about $300
- Gas and other transportation costs, including around-town -- about $200
- That totals to about $4500 for me -- the lion's share being ticket prices, and not much way to lower that cost

I told my adult children they would each be responsible for the following:
- Driving themselves to Orlando
- Snacks and drinks for the condo
- Parking at the theme parks
- One dinner for the family in the condo

Yellowstone will be more only because we'll have to fly.

Two Adults + One Child

Dog Boarding- $200

Roundtrip Flights 4/4-4/11 DTW-MCO $150 (Spirit Airlines Points)

7 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2BR- $1,300 (booked through redweek)

7 day car rental hertz - $225 (Booked using corporate code)

3 Three Day Base Tickets $1,260 (undercover tourist)

Grocery Delivery- $85 (Amazon)

Restaurants- $550

Souvenirs- $150

TOTAL= $3,920

We’ve never paid more for less, but our schedule these days means traveling during spring break. Typically that room at Bonnet Creek would be $700 for the whole week, Disney tickets would be cheaper, and a rental car would be like $120 for a week. It feels like the cost of the trip has doubled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter