How much do you like your first name out of 10?

5-ish? I don't love it, but can't really think of another name that would fit me better either.

10. I love my first name, and there are basically two people in the world who are allowed to call me by a shortened form of my name. And neither are family. Ha! I also love how my first and middle name (Joy, if you coudln't guess) go together. My dad loved middle names, and would frequently call me "Allison Joy." Since he passed in 2018 (he would have been 83 today) the combination of my first and middle name have taken on special meaning, and I so my first and middle name is my "internet name" now.

9 for the "short' version of my name.
5 for the "mom's mad at me" version.
my name was very popular growing up (5 in my class) now most young people with my name go by the long awful version

and apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't care for it - I read an article recently that said my name hadn't been used enough to make the popularity rankings in the last 10 years (ie, so few people used it, it's popularity rank was essentially zero)

10 - I LOVE my first name!! Kimberly (do NOT call me Kim!)

That's my name, too, but I'd much rather be called Kim. (I can handle being called Kim or Kimberly, but Kimberly seems excessively frilly/fussy for my personality. Just for the love of all that is holy, do not call me Kimmy! I've hated Kimmy since I was old enough to remember.)

Wow! This question gave me a whole new perspective on my name, once I thought about it. Especially the person who commented on being named after her grandmother. I've always disliked my name, maybe a 2 out of 10. But I got to thinking how lucky I am-each parent had a sister with the same name as me who was no longer alive. I've been named for both those sisters (such fun-each grandmother was very proud of my name). Now I consider it such an honor to have my name. Thanks for altering my view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter