• 21+

Votes: 48 28.4%
  • Other (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
43 altogether - including the 10 that have passed.
7 on my mom's side.
36 on my dad's side.

They range in ages from 83 to 42. Some I have never met.

Last edited:
8 total. 3 of them are half cousins on my mom’s side and 5 full on my dad’s side. I see the ones on my dad’s side fairly regularly. Haven’t seen the ones on my mom’s side in years.

I'm a bit low on first cousins--at least considering my age/generation, having only 6. Only 2 out of my parents' total number of siblings had children.

My mother, on the other had, would be in the 21+ category, emphasis on the "plus". :)

I don't see any of them now that I'm grown and my grandfather died... no more Easter or Thanksgiving after 1986. I was 10 and my mom was the youngest child so all my cousins were grown ups and I was age closest to the 2nd cousins.

Last time I counted it was close to 40 or so. Not including any "married into the family" cousins. Just actual full cousins. My dad had three sisters and they had 7, 8 and 9 kids. My mom had seven brothers and sisters and the average was about four per family.

over 20
it was great when I was a young child.
BUT, by the time I was in HS so much had changed: suicide, divorce, long distance moves, that many of those cousins I've never seen again and never will.

4 - all my mom’s side. I’m really close with my two female cousins.
My father is on only child.

I only have four. My husband has, no exaggeration, over 90 (all direct issue) and they’re mostly all in contact with each other. He is one of six children in his family and they are the smallest of that generation. His mother is one of ten, and the average number of children to the other nine is seven and a half. His father is one of five (that survived to adulthood) and the average number born to the other four is also over seven. We tried counting first cousins once removed and lost track very quickly. When birth rates dropped in the late 1960s and 1970s, his family was doing its best to shore it up! 😂

It would be fair to say that the family sides in the church were a bit lopsided when we got married! But they immediately welcomed me into their family and I completely understand the joys of a huge family despite having not grown up in one.

I have 8 on my mom’s side (my aunt has 5 and my uncle has 3).

My dad has one brother but he has no kids.

Nine that I know of. If you had asked that question 3 months ago, I would have said 7 . Found 2 more on Ancestry DNA. I had another two that I didn't know about until I was an adult, I know one has died and I think the other one did as well. My Daddy's brother got around, evidently more than anyone knew.

A quick count in my head came up with twenty nine.

However I am including halves and steps. I'm far closer to a few of the cousins on my stepmom's side than the others. She and my dad met and married when I was a toddler, and I lived with my dad and stepmom from age six. I haven't even seen or had any contact with the cousin's on my mom's side in at least twenty years. I only see some on my dad's side every few year and others I haven't seen in many years either, though I do chat with several on FB quite often. Many of them live out of state.

This made me get a notebook and jot down some names! A while back my younger DD made me sit down and recount a bunch of relatives so she could fill in a family tree she was working on. I was actually amazed at some of the stuff she found on her own and did my best to give her some information, such as greats and great greats and who was married to who, maiden names, and other stuff.

Anyway, I counted up to 62, which includes 9 adopted kids. 34 on mothers side and 28 on my father's side. There are an additional 4 kids that were brought up by an uncle and his wife, but they were her brother's kids, his wife had died and there was no formal adoption. The formally adopted kids were all on my mother's side. Mom had 5 brothers and only one had natural children. Three adopted and the last and youngest stayed child free. As you can see there were plenty to give attention to.

Some of the older ones and younger ones I've never met due to either them moving away or me moving away. My mother was the second oldest in a family of eight. My father was the youngest in a family of six, and I never met his oldest brother or any of their family. They were a generation older than myself.

It will be a lot easier for my kids to keep track. There are only 33 cousins for them to keep up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter