How long to add on points at sold out resort?

Pootle..... Thank You for the stats.!!

Pixie Dust to ALL of us

Add On Wait List

Name , Resort, UY, Pts., Waiting since

Pootle , BWV , April, 30, Dec17th
Lexxiefern , BCV ,
senecabeach , BCV , Sept , 100, Jan 4th
carol1231 , BWV , Dec , 75, Feb 4th
Beca, BCV, Jun/Aug/Oct/Dec, 170, Dec 15th
TammyAlphabet, BWV, any, 150, Feb 7th
SylviaL, VWL,Feb, 50
Mary2816,BCV,June, 60, June04'

Hey, Senecabeach you bet I've called. To the point where I feel like a pain in the ***. I'm just told how tough it is to get (back) BCV points. :confused3 :sad2: By the way, I did have a supervisor call me! My original guide never put me on the waitlist when I had originally requested an add-on. I was furious!! You get the "we're sorry bit" but that only goes so far! I've pretty much given up on ever getting the add-on points. Also, my guide told me (numerous times) that dvc CAN break up the points into different UY's whereas if you buy from the TSS the UY is what it is and cannot be changed. Hope that made sense! Just call me (im)patiently waiting :rotfl2:

Mary2816.....

How terrible :sad2: :sad2:

At least you and I will get to grow old together on this thread !! :rotfl:

Maybe you and I should go for a 160 pt resale and split it?? :rotfl2:

I called on Monday 2/7 to add 50 points at BWV for August UY. Guide told me no points available and they'd put me on a wait list. I happened to check my credit card account on Wednesday 2/9 and there was an entry that DVC had requested approval on 2/8 for the full purchase price and it posted to my account on 2/10. The guide I placed the order with was out on 2/10 but I talked the them this morning and yes, they did get the points to sell me on 2/8.

DW now doesn't believe me when I told her that it can be hard to get points for an add on from a sold out resort. Now it will be getting harder to get her to believe me in the future on items like this, but what the heck, I've got the points!!! :dancer: Paper work should be here next week.

We waitlisted last year for 60 pts Dec UY at VWL and was waitlisted for 2-3 months if I remember correctly.

After reading these posts about lengthy waitlist times, I am curious about this:

If I call my guide today and have to get on the wait list, the current price for the sold out resorts is $89 per point. What happens if it takes me 3 months to get my points, but by then the price is say $94 per point. Do they give me the choice or is my original price guaranteed? Just curious since I know you have to give a credit card to get on the list and they don't call you before they charge your credit card. Anyone know for sure?

5infam said:
After reading these posts about lengthy waitlist times, I am curious about this:

If I call my guide today and have to get on the wait list, the current price for the sold out resorts is $89 per point. What happens if it takes me 3 months to get my points, but by then the price is say $94 per point. Do they give me the choice or is my original price guaranteed? Just curious since I know you have to give a credit card to get on the list and they don't call you before they charge your credit card. Anyone know for sure?

I was on the waitlist last fall when it went from $84 to $89 per point. My guide called me and said, "Well, the points went up this morning effective immediately. If you want to stay on the waitlist, I need your approval that you understand you will now be paying $89 per point. Do you want to stay on?"

:wave:

Beca

I was on the waitlist last fall when it went from $84 to $89 per point. My guide called me and said, "Well, the points went up this morning effective immediately. If you want to stay on the waitlist, I need your approval that you understand you will now be paying $89 per point. Do you want to stay on?"

OUCH!!! :scared1: - Well at least they called you and gave you the option. It would be nice to at least lock in your pricing since you were willing to pay right away when you ordered, but I guess I should not expect price breaks from Disney.

Rad.... How Wonderful !!
Its super to finally get some good news about the wait list Yes..you are right your DW will probably not beleive you the next time.
I'm very happy for you!!
Now....Hummmm...how do I want to post this "Good News"...Hummmm..

:thewave: ......Congratulations... :thewave:

Pixie Dust to ALL of us

:wizard:Add On Wait List :wizard:

Name , Resort, UY, Pts., Waiting Since

Lexxiefern , BCV ,
SylviaL, VWL,Feb, 50

:cheer2: Got Our Points! :cheer2:

Name, Resort, UY, Pts., Duration of Wait

Rad, BWV, Aug, 50, 3 days

Hi senecabeach: Rad posted in a previous post that they were waiting for an August UY.

We went on the list yesterday for 65 BWV August use year points. I'm tired of getting transfers for points every fall (don't like giving out my member number). I might as well just buy what we need and be done with it. I convinced myself after I figured what it would cost to rent/transfer them for 10 years vs. buying them and owning them outright until 2042.

Welcome littlestar!

Pixie Dust to ALL of us

:wizard: Add On Wait List :wizard:

Name , Resort, UY, Pts., Waiting Since

Lexxiefern , BCV ,
SylviaL, VWL,Feb, 50
littlestar, BWV, Aug, 65, Feb 11th

:cheer2: Got Our Points! :cheer2:

Name, Resort, UY, Pts., Duration of Wait

Rad, BWV, Aug, 50, 3 days

I'm waiting too....
Feb or Dec - VWL - 30pts - since 2/11
Good luck everyone :goodvibes

Here's an FYI for folks adding points. I had borrowed 2006 UY points into 2005 and I e-mailed MS and asked if they could put the borrowed points back in 2006 since I just purchased the 50 additional. They e-mailed back saying that once borrowed that was it, which is normally the case.

However, in the documentation sent with the points addition there's the exception to the rule:

"Once Borrowed, Home Resort Vacation Points cannot be returned to their original Use Year and will expire is not used by the end of the Use Year into which they were Borrowed, except that in the event Club Members purchase an additional Ownership Interest after Borrowing Home Resort Vacation Points, Club Members may substitute newly allocated Home Resort Vacation Points of a current Use Year for the Borrowed Home Resort Vacation Points that were used toward a future resevation and the Borrowed Home Resort Vacation Points will be returned to their original Use Year.".

This is from the 11/2004 revision of the Multi-Site Public Offering Statement on page 42.

I called into MS and talked to a CM and after telling her the rule she took care of moving the borrowed points back to 2006. Just thought you might like to know this exception if you're adding points.

Well thanks so much for that information RAD. I am hoping it is going to be useful to me very very soon - fingers crossed. :goodvibes

Great info Rad!!! Do you think the same would apply toward a resale add-on, or just through Disney?

I have only been waiting a week, and it is KILLING me. :rotfl2: How do you guys do it???/ Waiting for months.....

5infam said:
Great info Rad!!! Do you think the same would apply toward a resale add-on, or just through Disney?

I would think that it would. There was not differentation between where you got the additional points, just that you had purchased more for the same use year where you had already borrowed points into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter