How long is Jimmy Fallon going to last?

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
It's been a little while since there's been a thread about JF in general, so my question to you guys is, what are your theories on how long the attraction is going to last?

That being said, more than anything it seems to be an advertisement to NBC so that is definitely the main motivation to have the attraction. However, that can only last for a certain amount of time, the attraction itself has had so-so reviews, and attractions come and go, so what's your theory on when will it go?

Interesting, I heard from a friend that she liked Twister much better. I've not been on it yet.

We loved it. The line is cute and fun and we couldn't stop singing tight pants all day

I haven't ridden it yet but the concept does seem a bit meh to me. Can't see it staying as a classic!

But I'm from the UK so JF is unheard of to most of us...

It gets great customer reviews. In reality, it is an attraction that would be very easy to change out the movie, characters, etc. Simple to update when it become stale.

The building is a great aesthetic feature of the New York area, the pre-show is the best of any ride onsite, the ride itself isn't anything special, but it's not exactly a money drain. And Comcast/NBC has special VIP areas built into the second floor are for concerts and such. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. It could potentially be re-themed or updated, especially if Fallon ever leave the Tonight Show or NBC/Comcast goes away as a major player in the park. But my guess is it's here for a good long while.

The building is a great aesthetic feature of the New York area, the pre-show is the best of any ride onsite, the ride itself isn't anything special, but it's not exactly a money drain. And Comcast/NBC has special VIP areas built into the second floor are for concerts and such. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. It could potentially be re-themed or updated, especially if Fallon ever leave the Tonight Show or NBC/Comcast goes away as a major player in the park. But my guess is it's here for a good long while.

If NBC/Comcast goes a way there are bigger issues than this one ride since they own the parks.

I could see them updating the ride pretty easily but as long as Falon is at NBC then it'll probably stay his. For me nothing about it draws me to Universal but I live in NYC and go see the real 30 Rock or any of the other landmarks on my own any given day. I also know the facade of the building is actually a mismash of several in that area so I just laugh at it.

I have not been on it yet - and I'm not all that interested - of course I will do it when i am there - but it is not any sort of draw for people.

that being said it can't be as bad as twister - that stuck around for far too long IMO

In the end from what I have heard it sounds like just re theme it quickly

Last edited:
lol. yeah its a cute ride, but since its a screen I'm starting to wonder about its longevity with increasing technology. I enjoyed Twister very unique you can't duplicate at home. I also really enjoyed Backdraft(The former fire show) in California at the Universal there. Very unique, can't do at home. But if every ride is a screen, some home vr technology is gonna eventually start taking market share.

Wait...is this ride just a movie theater screen or is there a ride vehicle and moving screens like Transformers or Spider-Man? I don't like Jimmy Fallon, I don't watch The Tonight Show so if it's just a movie type Shrek thing then I'm not going to bother but I was thinking it was an actual ride.

Will be our 1st time trying it in September. Like others we're from the UK so Jimmy is not well know to us. I do watch his show clips on Youtube so know what he's all about but my brothers have no idea and i'm finding it difficult to explain about the ride. Could someone breakdown how the Q works step by step for me , it sounds totally different form the usual?
If needs be i'll do it myself but be fun if i could convince 2 sceptics to try it as wwell :)

I live in the States and guessing you know more about him than I do

Not fond of his nightime show
Only watched it for the star guest he had on one night

Will be doing the Fallon ride this fall so I'll see him then

Wait...is this ride just a movie theater screen or is there a ride vehicle and moving screens like Transformers or Spider-Man? I don't like Jimmy Fallon, I don't watch The Tonight Show so if it's just a movie type Shrek thing then I'm not going to bother but I was thinking it was an actual ride.

It's just a single movie theatre screen. The "ride" vehicle (which is the entire theatre seating) moves in the form of dips and bumps, but that's it...it doesn't move along a track or anything like Spiderman/Transformers.

I know it's not the overwhelming consensus, but I really liked the ride...but I've also been a huge Tonight Show fan since I was tiny (minus the dark days of Conan) and "Here's Johnny" were some of my first words.

I would guess that exact film will last about 4-5 years until we will start having random variations (think TOT & Star Tours). I think the theatre in it's current setting will last at least 10-12 years as long as JF still has that job.

With little construction work, that attraction could have quite a few options for change in the future.

Interesting, I heard from a friend that she liked Twister much better. I've not been on it yet.

RIP Twister:sad2:

It gets great customer reviews. In reality, it is an attraction that would be very easy to change out the movie, characters, etc. Simple to update when it become stale.

Not from me, first time I've termed any Universal attraction boring. IMO borrowed liberally from the Simpsons attraction's roller coaster feature. the pre-show a basic time suck with throng pushing/shoving in auditorium once their color is called.

On a positive note, more time to do the rides I do love while they're still intact

Last edited:
RIP Twister:sad2:

Not from me, first time I've termed any Universal attraction boring. IMO borrowed liberally from the Simpsons attraction's roller coaster feature. the pre-show a basic time suck with throng pushing/shoving in auditorium once their color is called.

On a positive note, more time to do the rides I do love while they're still intact

We'll give it a bash since it's new, but doesn't sound like something we'll particularly enjoy.......one and done. We do know Jimmy Fallon, wouldn't rush to watch him if he was on tv though.

Did a 4 day trip in June and this was definitely the highlight of the trip.
We did it 10 times.
Was not expecting much and absolutely loved it.
Sara without an H and Gary are hysterical!
Catch you on the Flippity Flop!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter