How long have YOU been here?

How long have you been lurking or posting on the DIS boards?

• Less than 3 months

• 3 months - 1 year

• 1 year - 2 years

• More than 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
Based on feedback from Doc and others, it seems that this board is about four years old. I've seen a lot of newbies and a lot of grizzled veterans....which one are you?:confused:

Feel free to add any additional information to your vote.

Hi Granny!
I've been on the DIS a year. I did spend most of my time on the Resort and Budget boards. For the last few months, have been spending more time on the DVC board, and, finally purchased VWL this July!

I think there might have been two boards when I first found this site. I remember getting many questains answered by Pete, Robt, Shontail. It was in Dec of 1997.

Tigger

We were a little late to jump on the "Internet Bandwagon" (we bought a WebTV unit) - May, 1998 - but this was the first site I found! We had bought into DVC one year earlier.

Surfing the DIS on my television has it's advantages, but I'm glad that Pete periodically changes the page formats - so I don't have any permanent DIS logos burned into my TV screen!! LOL.

(My parents watch FoxNews so much - the logo is burned into their big screen ... pretty sad...)

I've been here a little more than 1 1/2 years. I read more than I post and have learned a lot. I post when I feel I can help someone with something I've learned.

These boards are definately a stop I make each day!:wave:

I read it every morning. (probably about two years now). I get my Disney fix.
It's addictive.

I found the DIS in the spring/summer 1998 while planning a trip to WDW. I thought I would stick around until after that trip. (My time flies when you are having fun.)

I have been here over 4.5 years now. When I first started visiting, there was only one board, and you could post a question, come back the next day, and find it still on the upper middle of the first page :D Of course, I think there was only 1 page (LOL). It was really nice then. Of course, it is now too :) It is amazing to see what the boards have grown into over the years! Pete has done an amazing job w/this site!!!

I first found the DIS from another site in summer '98. There were several Boards at that time and DVC was one of those. Pete was the host at the time.

I found these boards in early 1999 while planning our Nov. 1999 trip....but I've only be frequenting the DVC board for a bit over a year. The whole structure of the boards was different back in 99!

Put me in the "Newbie" catagory. Hey, if I need anything I now know where to go.........DIS your the best.

God Bless America

Lyndon

I've been with the boards pretty much since their inception! I didn't realize I was such an old timer.

Ooooo my achin' bones......

I am sure that folks look at my puny number of posts and figure I'm a newbie.... but I've been shy. :) Now that I know you folks I figure I'll talk a lot more.

Back in 98 when I found this site and these boards there were less then 1000 registered members. Now there are over 30,000 members. That's way too cool. The boards have changed several times with new boards addeded and servers changed. This place is great. I feel for those that lost lots of posts, I lost some too, but not as many. I've been a Dis Vet 3 times......spruce

It is very close to 1 year for me. We purchased while at Vero in Aug2000. I remember saying to my husband that I wished I had access to a computer because maybe there is a web site where we could ask if there were satisfied customers of DVC. Ha,ha. So we purchased without the benefit of knowing you wonderful folks were here. Thanks for being patient with my questions, and I try to return the favor and answer when there is a topic with which I have experience.

It's great reading about "the good old days". I still remember the site when it had only one board and Pete still lived in New Jersey. It's been really neat watching this site change over the years.

of 98 when I was planning a December trip. I started lurking on the DVC board in 99 when we ended up purchasing DVC.

Oh let's see now. I lurked long before registering, but I started posting 1 year ago this past August.

flaghalfani.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter