How Long are your solo trips?

scoutsmom99

<b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu
So the other day I had a great idea that I should stay at Disney longer on my upcoming trip (only 14 days away I might add!), but do you think 8 days/7nights is a long time to tour solo (This will be the my first solo trip)? How long are most of your solo trips? It will only cost me $50 to change my plane ticket to stay later I'm just not sure if I should do it or not!

I am doing 3 solo trips to WDW this year.

Trip 1:

10 days/9 nights Feb 25-March 6

Trip 2:

6 days/5 nights May 27-June 1

Trip 3:

4 days/3 nights Sept 2-5

MagicKingdom05,
Have you done a lot of solo trips in the past? Are there any reccomendations you can give me?

My solo trips to Disney have ranged from 8 days to 18 days....it all depends. And I've stayed at every resort, so they're all good to me! Have fun!

Anywhere from 5-10 days here. I could easily go longer than that. So, I think the 8 days idea would be just fine.

Solotraveler :earsboy:

My solo trips are anywhere between 2-10 days long. To me, the perfect solo trip is 5-7 days. :)

I usually average 7 nights with 6 full days. One trip I went alone 10 nights and I was pretty lonely by the end! So about 7-8 days is perfect for me. :)

I once went four days and it was way too short! :(

scoutsmom99,

These will be my 2nd, 3rd and 4th solo trips to WDW. I have done Vegas, WDW, and Hawaii solo and really enjoyed myself. Sure it would have been fun having someone with me. I loved being able to get up in the morning and decided what I was going to do instead of planning things out.

Thanks for all of the replies I took the plunge and i'm staying for the 8 days/7 nights! I'm really getting excited.

I did 8 days solo before having some joiners and it was perfect. I ended up ending the trip with 1 day solo because of a flight cancellation (Hurricane Frances) and that also was a nice way to complete the holiday. I wouldn't want to go longer than 10 days, though...
Jo

I'm an anti-social person and not at all lonely staying in a hotel by myself or touring WDW by myself, so most of my solo trips are 8 days, except when budget forces me to shorten them. I usually do two days at Universal in there as well, but that makes for a busy schedule.

If I could afford more time, I would stay for two weeks and enjoy SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center, and some down time to relax as well.

I took my first solo trip in December and it was just 2 days. Actually, it was a 7 day trip but only the last 2 days were solo. I loved my solo time so much, I'm taking a 7 day solo trip in May! :D

Since I usually fly in from the West coast 5 days is my minimum. I did 10 days in Dec 2003, then 14 days in Jan 2004, and ended up doing 16 days in Dec 2004 unexpectedly (but had to do a lot of work stuff in between on that trip) Total days on the annual pass this/last year was something like 68 days! Some of that was with friends, others were solo trips

I have started meeting up with some ppl from this board for some social time, otherwise I enjoy the alone time just fine, thank you!

I took my first solo trip in Sept and stayed a week. I could have stayed longer. It was my first solo trip, but it won't be my last!

3 to 5 days generally - however this May I will be solo for 7 days staying at SSR. I can't wait!!!

it will be wonderful!!!

I usually stay 5 nights/6 days. No matter how long I stay, it never seems to be enough time.

jenelope, you're right. Even 16 days didn't feel long enough!

My solo trips are anywhere from 2-8 days. This weekend I'm driving down Friday morning, spending Saturday at Millionaire, then Sunday at the parks, then starting home late Sunday night, then finishing the drive Monday.

In April, I'll be flying down from a conference in DC on Thursday night, then spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the parks, then flying home Sunday night. I have found that I can tack weekends in Orlando onto business trips just about anywhere and the airfare is less than going direct to business and back home during the week, so the company pays the entire airfare :-)

My December solo trips are usually Wednesday - Wednesday. However, December 05 I'll probably stretch it to Tuesday night - till week later early Thursday am.

Carol

I think 8 days/7 nights sounds perfect scoutsmom, not too long at all. :)

My solo trips have been anywhere from 4 days to 9 days. The 9 day trip (this past Dec.) was a day or two too long, but only because I started worrying about all the Christmas things I still had to do when I got home!

I'm sure you'll have wonderful time! :)

Because I lived on the west coast and have to travel across the continent, I like a long vacation: typically two weeks. This coming trip I am going for 16 days, always find something different to make the days go. This time am doing three of the park tours.
Have stayed as little at two days and as long as 21 days: depends on how much money I have.
Just got back from 3 days at Disneyland and am looking forward to the longer time at WDW.
:cool1: :cool1: :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter